The best topic

Replies: 8132
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 11:34:02 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Walmart and productivity

Started by DKG, December 15, 2022, 09:45:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

DKG

What you said is so ridiculous because Walmart's business model cannot survive if they stopped accepting cash.

There is a Walmart a short walk from here. it's a clone of every store in North America. They all take cash at self checkouts. I guarantee I can go to a Walmart self checkout in Virginia and use cash.

Blazor

Quote from: DKG post_id=487903 time=1671135180 user_id=3390
What you said is so ridiculous because Walmart's business model cannot survive if they stopped accwepting cash.

There is a Walmart a short walk from here. it's a clone of every store in North America. They all take cash at self checkouts. I guarantee I can go to a Walmart self checkout in Virginia and use cash.

Come to my store then. I bet you a bottle of nice Scotch they wont take it  :laugh:
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Blazor

How is this, I'll take time out of my day, to go in, take some pictures, and if Im right, you mail me a bottle of Scotch  :laugh:

Deal?

DKG

Quote from: Blazor post_id=487906 time=1671135678 user_id=2221
How is this, I'll take time out of my day, to go in, take some pictures, and if Im right, you mail me a bottle of Scotch  :laugh:

Deal?

Walmart is not Ashley Fine Furniture. They cannot go cashless. As long as cash is still in circulation, dollar stores and Walmart will accept cash at their self checkouts.

Blazor

Quote from: DKG post_id=487910 time=1671136240 user_id=3390
Quote from: Blazor post_id=487906 time=1671135678 user_id=2221

Deal?

Walmart is not Ashley Fine Furniture. They cannot go cashless. As long as cash is still in circulatio dollar stores and Walmart will accept cash at their self checkouts.

I see you are afraid to make the deal  :laugh:

DKG

Quote from: Blazor post_id=487913 time=1671136391 user_id=2221
Quote from: DKG post_id=487910 time=1671136240 user_id=3390

Walmart is not Ashley Fine Furniture. They cannot go cashless. As long as cash is still in circulatio dollar stores and Walmart will accept cash at their self checkouts.

Where is my bottle of scotch? I proved Walmart self checkouts do accept cash.

Single malt, aged fifteen years please.

Blazor

Quote from: DKG post_id=487915 time=1671136519 user_id=3390
Quote from: Blazor post_id=487913 time=1671136391 user_id=2221

Where is my bottle of scotch? I proved Walmart self checkouts do accept cash.

Single malt, aged fifteen years please.

No sir, you proved that YOUR wally world accepts cash lol.

Let me tell you a funny story....

So Im about to leave work, and the secretary is talking to her husband, and I hear "...gingerbread poptarts..." , and like Scooby Doo, my ears perked up, and suddenly Im thinking Scooby Snack!!! lol. Cause if you dont know, the seasonal gingerbread ones are my 2nd all time favorite poptarts. My fave was Blueberry Muffin, but I hadnt seen it in years.

So Im like fuck it, thats a sign, cause she said they at Wally world. And I jus HAD to prove to my Seoul Bro that I wasnt lying lol. So with my hurt foot, I limped in there for my poptarts. Fuckers changed 'em, they added frosting on top, but I got them anyway. Proceeded to head to the checkout, fucking long ass line. So now Im thinking to myself why the fuck did I decide to come back to this hell hole amongst this madness.... oh yeah, to prove I aint lying, and for special poptarts lol.

I get up to the checkout, Im like ok, camera out. Snap a pic of the price before hitting "pay now". Here we go... press.... and the screen is different lol. What the FUCK lol.

I swear dude, on all that is holy, that that shit been card only for a LONG time lol. I HATE paying with a card, I prefer using cash, and I've been pissed since, that they dont allow cash. Dude would be like "card only for self checkout", and lots of folks did indeed bail whole shopping carts once they say that shit.

So I dont know what the fuck lol. If its the time, the season cause of Christmas, policy change, I dont know, lol. But it use to give you the option on how to pay before, cash, card, gift card, etc., and then it simply said "insert card to pay" cause that was the only option when shit changed. Today, it said "insert card or cash to pay".

I shall admit it let me pay cash today for my poptarts. But I will pledge on my Southern flag, that it was card only for the longest time, for self checkout. They forced you to use the 1 lane where there was a cashier, to pay with cash.

Was my friend wrong, when he said the government told them to be that way? Prolly not. Because of Covid at the time, and the supposedly "coin shortage" in this country at the time. Do you remember that?

I am defeated though...... today lol. But I swear I wasnt lying! I will swear on my Son's life I aint lying!!!

CC must be alive still and reading this shit. She must of contacted Mossad and had them flip a switch  :laugh:

Herman

Quote from: DKG post_id=487839 time=1671115539 user_id=3390
Is there anything that puts us more in the spirit of the season than shopping at Walmart.

Normally, I would commend any company for improving productivity. But, it's having unfortunate consequences for the world's largest brick and mortar retailer.

Walmart rolled out self-checkout to streamline operations and reduce labor needs — but employees and customers say it's causing a surge in theft

Walmart CEO Doug McMillon said stores could close if the rising tide of theft wasn't stemmed.

Customers and employees blame self-checkout, which Walmart has increasingly relied on, for theft.

A loss-prevention expert said automation "means there's going to be less eyes on a transaction."

Walmart's CEO has said the retailer may need to close down stores because of theft — and many of the company's customers and employees blame one growing feature of the chain for enabling shoplifting: self-checkout.

Walmart's CEO and president, Doug McMillon, told CNBC earlier this month that theft "is higher than what it has historically been" and there would be consequences "if that is not corrected over time." Since McMillon made those comments, more than 100 Walmart customers and former and current employees have reached out to an Insider reporter to say the retailer must rely less on self-checkout.

"They need to hire cashiers again and do away with so many self-checkout," Mindy Stanley, a Walmart customer from Ashland, Kentucky, said. "I'd say they are losing so much due to that."

To be sure, Walmart still uses cashiers at stores across the US. But the Bentonville, Arkansas-based retail giant, like so many other retailers, has increasingly relied on automation as a means of improving customer experience and reducing labor costs.

Walmart declined to answer questions on its ratio of self-checkout kiosks to traditional checkout lanes staffed by cashiers, which surveillance tools it used to prevent theft, whether self-checkout had posed additional risks of theft, and how much Walmart had lost via theft this year. Reuters reported in 2015 that the world's largest retailer was likely losing about 1% in US revenue — or roughly $3 billion — every year to customer and employee theft.

https://www.businessinsider.com/walmart-employees-and-customers-blame-self-checkout-shoplifting-rising-theft-2022-12">https://www.businessinsider.com/walmart ... ft-2022-12">https://www.businessinsider.com/walmart-employees-and-customers-blame-self-checkout-shoplifting-rising-theft-2022-12

My beef with them is when they got rid of plastic bags. But, they all are.

Herman

Quote from: Blazor post_id=487848 time=1671118799 user_id=2221
Quote from: DKG post_id=487839 time=1671115539 user_id=3390
Walmart declined to answer questions on its ratio of self-checkout kiosks to traditional checkout lanes staffed by cashiers, which surveillance tools it used to prevent theft, whether self-checkout had posed additional risks of theft, and how much Walmart had lost via theft this year.

They refused to comment, because they are in on it with the Biden Administration. WalMart meets with them.

This is all part of the NWO plan to go to digital currency, fact.

Think about it, the self checkout, is card only. Less cashiers, means less cash payments. The Biden Admin has told WalMart to limit cashier lines. I know this, cause my friend was pissed, that only ONE line was open for cash. He went to customer service, demanding to know why there was only one lane open. Ya know what they told him? "Sorry, the government makes us, so more folks pay with a card".

:oeudC:

What are you talking about. I use cash all the time at Wallies in Kindersley, Saskatoon, Regina, everywhere. The old lady uses tap, but most purchases less than fifty bucks I still use cash.

Frood

Quote from: DKG post_id=487860 time=1671120789 user_id=3390
All self-checkout registers accept cash, but they also accept Walmart gift cards, most major credit cards, debit cards, and EBT cards. If using a check, go through a regular checkout lane, since there is no option for check payment at the self-checkout.

https://www.wikihow.com/Use-the-Walmart-Self%E2%80%90Checkout#:~:text=All%20self%2Dcheckout%20registers%20accept,payment%20at%20the%20self%2Dcheckout">https://www.wikihow.com/Use-the-Walmart ... 2Dcheckout">https://www.wikihow.com/Use-the-Walmart-Self%E2%80%90Checkout#:~:text=All%20self%2Dcheckout%20registers%20accept,payment%20at%20the%20self%2Dcheckout.

Most self checkout registers in Australia are card only, no cash. You have to demand a cashier if you're unwilling to use the self scanners, then the stupid staff generally look at you like YOU'RE the stupid one.

A few snarky employees have made some pretty sarcastic remarks over the last 10 years to me because I wanted a cashier to check me out.

So I asked them "when will I be getting my branded polo shirt, staff discount card, and if I shop on Saturday or Sunday, do I get a portion of my spend back at overtime wages for doing all the work myself?"

They just roll their stupid eyes.
Blahhhhhh...

Dove

Quote from: Blazor post_id=487891 time=1671131365 user_id=2221
Quote from: Dove post_id=487889 time=1671131080 user_id=3266

Really?

Before Covid we always had people at the door to check receipts.

When Covid hit....they stopped doing that.

Yes, before Covid, we had the TSA. During Covid, no TSA. Post Covid, big time TSA lol.

That lil Asian fucker will swing his electric wheelchair in front of you to stop you  :laugh:

Last time he did that shit, I was on the phone, and I said loud enough for the fucker to hear me.... "Hold on jus a sec, the WalMart TSA needs to verify my papers" lol.

I used to pretend to run away when I saw them coming up to me ....just to see the looks they'd give lol.
My happiness is all of your misery. I put good dick all in my kidneys.

Blazor

Quote from: Dove post_id=488165 time=1671305780 user_id=3266
Quote from: Blazor post_id=487891 time=1671131365 user_id=2221

Yes, before Covid, we had the TSA. During Covid, no TSA. Post Covid, big time TSA lol.

That lil Asian fucker will swing his electric wheelchair in front of you to stop you  :laugh:

Last time he did that shit, I was on the phone, and I said loud enough for the fucker to hear me.... "Hold on jus a sec, the WalMart TSA needs to verify my papers" lol.

I used to pretend to run away when I saw them coming up to me ....just to see the looks they'd give lol.

:laugh: