Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

People not acting their “culture”

Started by Erica Mena, December 15, 2022, 06:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dove

Quote from: Blazor post_id=488043 time=1671202692 user_id=2221
Quote from: Dove post_id=488009 time=1671155328 user_id=3266

My grandmother loved Motown. She was a Detroit native :D

She still had no tolerance for hood speak. She wanted us well read and well spoken. The older way of speaking...like our parents generation, "hood speak" was different. It changed when rap became popular.  At least it did here in Michigan.

And yeah the clean thing.....she was really intense about that. Not like abusive neat freak at all....but I was taught to be clean and tidy.

I can tell when a white person who is NOT from the hood tries to sound hood...and it's so cringey. Beckisha lol

I mean, I didnt walk around talking hood all the time lol, jus' around my friends. I blame Hip Hop's arrival in the late 80's lol.

Prolly a good thing I lived with my Great Grandparents til I was 5, Great Grandma is the one that raised me proper. Teaching me manners and going to church and all. That was on the weekdays and Sundays.

My Great Aunt would pick me up on Friday, and I would stay with her til we all met up for church. She would take me by the store and let me pick out one candy, I would normally get Sixlets lol. She also always treated me to a country ham biscuit every Saturday morning. I credit her for my love of animals, and love for primitive living. Her home, which was a one room plywood shack, with roofing shingles for siding, no electric, no indoor plumbing, oil lamp for light, and pot belly stove for heat. She had more animals than you Dovey  :laugh:  She lost half of them, and everything she did own, in the flood. The ones that survived, she had put on top of the roof of the shack, while she clung to a telephone pole.

Later in life when I lived with Mom, I always had to keep my room clean and tidy. By the age of 9, I had SO many frickin' chores lol. And I would get grounded, if I didnt have them started within 30 minutes of getting home from school.

Awwww. Yeah I was raised by my grandma and her sister (my great aunt) would take me a lot. She lived on farmlands in Troy (which is now suburbs).  I used to cry to go with her.

So I've always loved escaping the city lol
My happiness is all of your misery. I put good dick all in my kidneys.

Blazor

Quote from: Dove post_id=488059 time=1671212569 user_id=3266
Quote from: Blazor post_id=488043 time=1671202692 user_id=2221

I mean, I didnt walk around talking hood all the time lol, jus' around my friends. I blame Hip Hop's arrival in the late 80's lol.

Prolly a good thing I lived with my Great Grandparents til I was 5, Great Grandma is the one that raised me proper. Teaching me manners and going to church and all. That was on the weekdays and Sundays.

My Great Aunt would pick me up on Friday, and I would stay with her til we all met up for church. She would take me by the store and let me pick out one candy, I would normally get Sixlets lol. She also always treated me to a country ham biscuit every Saturday morning. I credit her for my love of animals, and love for primitive living. Her home, which was a one room plywood shack, with roofing shingles for siding, no electric, no indoor plumbing, oil lamp for light, and pot belly stove for heat. She had more animals than you Dovey  :laugh:  She lost half of them, and everything she did own, in the flood. The ones that survived, she had put on top of the roof of the shack, while she clung to a telephone pole.

Later in life when I lived with Mom, I always had to keep my room clean and tidy. By the age of 9, I had SO many frickin' chores lol. And I would get grounded, if I didnt have them started within 30 minutes of getting home from school.

Awwww. Yeah I was raised by my grandma and her sister (my great aunt) would take me a lot. She lived on farmlands in Troy (which is now suburbs).  I used to cry to go with her.

Lol, awww, same. I LOVED my great aunt, and she still my favorite family member. I'll be so sad when she goes.

Her place as a kid seemed like going to the country, but it wasnt lol. Was just a primitive spot, with woods, a river, horse stalls, hay lofts, horse field, etc. After the flood, it became woods. Nothin there but woods now. You would never know there was any big ol' old timey buildings there. We called it The Barn lol.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

weebles

Quote from: Dove post_id=488058 time=1671212424 user_id=3266

There is a game at night we played called "gun shots or fireworks" lol.

People are raised in that, Weebs. Detroit schools are total shit, they dont even teach the kids to read. They claim its funding....but I didnt spend anything to teach my kids to READ.  

Kids as young as 9 get recruited into gangs there. That's why. The culture is terrible.

Dang that is actually sad and yes reading, history, science, arithmetic and having something that allows some sort of  personal creativity outlet can change the world.

Dove

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=488018 time=1671160237 user_id=3389
Are African-Americans who didn't vote for Joe Biden still allowed to claim to be Black?

ac_toofunny

Dove

Quote from: weebles post_id=488119 time=1671247586 user_id=2191
Quote from: Dove post_id=488058 time=1671212424 user_id=3266

There is a game at night we played called "gun shots or fireworks" lol.

People are raised in that, Weebs. Detroit schools are total shit, they dont even teach the kids to read. They claim its funding....but I didnt spend anything to teach my kids to READ.  

Kids as young as 9 get recruited into gangs there. That's why. The culture is terrible.

Dang that is actually sad and yes reading, history, science, arithmetic and having something that allows some sort of  personal creativity outlet can change the world.

And if minorities are kept in poverty and turn to crime and violence and state dependence .....democrats can get their votes by promising to fix it.

They never do, in fact they pass policies that sound good on the title but are horrible when applied.

weebles

Quote from: Dove post_id=488129 time=1671258960 user_id=3266

And if minorities are kept in poverty and turn to crime and violence and state dependence .....democrats can get their votes by promising to fix it.

They never do, in fact they pass policies that sound good on the title but are horrible when applied.

[/quote]

Never be the victim it is stupid mentality coming from some who could care less about politics be it left or right just make sure you go out and kick some ass in life.

">

Frood

Quote from: Blazor post_id=488068 time=1671213716 user_id=2221
Quote from: Dove post_id=488059 time=1671212569 user_id=3266

Lol, awww, same. I LOVED my great aunt, and she still my favorite family member. I'll be so sad when she goes.

Her place as a kid seemed like going to the country, but it wasnt lol. Was just a primitive spot, with woods, a river, horse stalls, hay lofts, horse field, etc. After the flood, it became woods. Nothin there but woods now. You would never know there was any big ol' old timey buildings there. We called it The Barn lol.

I loved my great aunt Louise. She had 50 livers and 20 kidneys and could out-drink any man in the fam, until she couldn't. I spent a few years visiting her every week. My parents never did by that point. Some falling out shit or other.

They never discouraged me but they were definitely against seeing her, which was funny, because they were so tight. I didn't care though.

Louise waa a very caustic sort. Lovely but a bitch. Yet she curbed her tongue in my presence. I suggested the name for my daughter and got a resounding FU from the wife..

Louise was Irish blood and kept at home on a farm until her hubby carked it. Great Uncle Jim stopped her from getting a driver's licence until he passed. Once he was gone, she butterflied.
Blahhhhhh...

Blazor

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=488132 time=1671266732 user_id=1676
Quote from: Blazor post_id=488068 time=1671213716 user_id=2221

I loved my great aunt Louise. She had 50 livers and 20 kidneys and could out-drink any man in the fam, until she couldn't. I spent a few years visiting her every week. My parents never did by that point. Some falling out shit or other.

They never discouraged me but they were definitely against seeing her, which was funny, because they were so tight. I didn't care though.

Louise waa a very caustic sort. Lovely but a bitch. Yet she curbed her tongue in my presence. I suggested the name for my daughter and got a resounding FU from the wife..

Louise was Irish blood and kept at home on a farm until her hubby carked it. Great Uncle Jim stopped her from getting a driver's licence until he passed. Once he was gone, she butterflied.

Great Aunts are the greatest  :thumbup:

Mine was more Man than most Men I know lol. She could work her ass off. Had to raising horses and shit. We use to drive up to Gatlinburg, Tennessee and have fun hitting the moonshine distilleries lolol. She cant drink now, she on too many meds that mess with her when she drinks, sadly.

Whats funny, she said when shes ready to go, shes gonna go out like Thelma and Louise lol.

caskur

"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Erica Mena

Quote from: caskur post_id=488138 time=1671283452 user_id=2156
We don't have gettos in Perth...

I don't know why this made me laugh out loud.
<t></t>

Odinson

I´m not ghetto.

But I aint gonna let you take my prison cupcake.

I´ll lick it. ac_sothere

Dove

Quote from: Blazor post_id=488134 time=1671280969 user_id=2221
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=488132 time=1671266732 user_id=1676

Mine was more Man than most Men I know lol. She could work her ass off. Had to raising horses and shit. We use to drive up to Gatlinburg, Tennessee and have fun hitting the moonshine distilleries lolol. She cant drink now, she on too many meds that mess with her when she drinks, sadly.

Whats funny, she said when shes ready to go, shes gonna go out like Thelma and Louise lol.

I dont get the Thelma and Louise thing. I saw it and thought it was a terrible representation of women.

So the one is being assaulted and shoots her attacker. And

....they RUN?  She had a damn right. Why would you run and make it WORSE when you have an air tight self defense claim?

And then they try to run to Mexico? WTF?  And the whole time the cops are even like "dude...just turn yourselves in. Let us help you! It was self defense!" The cops were in their side ffs.

And then....when it closed in on them and they were staring down the barrel of maybe 5 to 10 years max and probably not even all served in prison because, self defense....instead of owning up they DRIVE OFF THE GRAND CANYON?!  Really?

That movie showed women as these insanely stupid and dramatic drooling fucking retards.  It wasnt empowering at all.  Empowering would have been she fights on the basis of  self defense ....its our RIGHT, divorce the fat abusive loser, get rid of your toxic friend and buy a bunch of new fire arms and go build a homestead.

WHO drives off the Grand Canyon over THAT?  I'd have just faced the music and did my 5 years for manslaughter. The cops were legit on their side.  :crazy:

Blazor

Quote from: Dove post_id=488186 time=1671349792 user_id=3266
Quote from: Blazor post_id=488134 time=1671280969 user_id=2221

I dont get the Thelma and Louise thing. I saw it and thought it was a terrible representation of women.

So the one is being assaulted and shoots her attacker. And

....they RUN?  She had a damn right. Why would you run and make it WORSE when you have an air tight self defense claim?

And then they try to run to Mexico? WTF?  And the whole time the cops are even like "dude...just turn yourselves in. Let us help you! It was self defense!" The cops were in their side ffs.

And then....when it closed in on them and they were staring down the barrel of maybe 5 to 10 years max and probably not even all served in prison because, self defense....instead of owning up they DRIVE OFF THE GRAND CANYON?!  Really?

That movie showed women as these insanely stupid and dramatic drooling fucking retards.  It wasnt empowering at all.  Empowering would have been she fights on the basis of  self defense ....its our RIGHT, divorce the fat abusive loser, get rid of your toxic friend and buy a bunch of new fire arms and go build a homestead.

WHO drives off the Grand Canyon over THAT?  I'd have just faced the music and did my 5 years for manslaughter. The cops were legit on their side.  :crazy:

Its been so long since I seen that movie. I'd forgotten a lot of that. The cliff part is what I was referring too lol. That or go out in a blaze against Antifa  :laugh:  Shes a hoot lolol.

Rancidmilko

The western and its culture are doomed and good riddance if you ask me.
There\'s always a bigger fish.

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: Rancidmilko post_id=488199 time=1671386439 user_id=2853
The western and its culture are doomed and good riddance if you ask me.

and the rest of the world is eager to finance the destruction.

China: You guys need us to spot you a few Trillion to destroy yourselves? Sure. How shall we send the money?

And the lemmings are falling all in for it.