Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

A

Edmonton Radio Station Asks If Rape Victims Partly Responsib

Started by Anonymous, April 11, 2014, 12:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

RW

Also if you start talking about post secondary, chances are your kid will end up in a "public" school as all the top universities and colleges in Canada tend to be.  But yeah, public school is totally fail.  Haha
Beware of Gaslighters!

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Real Woman"Fash, you did not insult my kids in the least.  I was talking to Munday.

I respect your educational decision and before my kids started, they were slated to go to Catholic school as I did.  Then I changed my mind.

Public school does not roll out a bunch of dolts as Munday would have you believe not is it some lawless free for all of immorality as I get the impression you believe.  The values taught are similar with a profound difference.  Public school is about inclusion where religious schools are about exclusion.  It is more important to me to have my children interact with children who aren't exactly like them.  It teaches them about diversity and acceptance.  And I absolutely will not tolerate my children judging people for being homosexual or from different religious backgrounds.  No way.

Chicken, honestly, there isn't a huge difference in curriculum standards between schools.  They ultimately all teach to provincial exams and for post secondary entrance.  The difference is you generally have kids coming from more affluent backgrounds who have educated parents which is a determining factor in educational success of children.  They tend to be populated by kids who do not have learning disabilities or behavioural issues, and they have smaller class sizes.  It would be nice if the public school system had that luxury but it doesn't.  It can't turn kids away.

Now Munday, I highly doubt the millions of kids who come out if the public school system are all dumbasses who will never amount to more than physical labour.  I can call on my private school graduating class and not find a huge pool of success.  A few of the girls had children very young out of wedlock because no sexual education was taught.  When I think about it, most of us have kids.  The guys have oil patch jobs or work in positions I would consider average.  One guy is currently in jail doing 11 years for kidnapping and sodomizing a woman with a liquor bottle.  So much for religious teachings.

You can say what you want Mun, but the fact is you don't know WTF you are talking about.  Reality exists outside your opinion.

(I couldn't post this before.)

[/b]

no doubt.....it was probably blocked because the computer was gagging...... :ugeek:

RW

No, because the site was down.  It's probably being run by someone who went to private school because public school kids only dig ditches and drool on things.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"No, because the site was down.  It's probably being run by someone who went to private school because public school kids only dig ditches and drool on things.

Except for me. Every now and then those snivel serpent fucktards get something right. ;)

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chickenfeets"While I respect the reasons you list, Fash, seems to me they ill prepare your children for what they'll encounter outside the classroom walls.

In the "real" world, God's word is not often heard and few there are that love and fear the Lord (certainly not in as open a fashion as can be that of those who mock the Lord). Perhaps a parallel can be made here to Daniel in the lion's den; the mettle of those who fight for their beliefs is tested in the arena, not under a nun's skirts.

Private education can sometimes discourage children from meeting the world as it is--including its uglier and more difficult aspects--earlier rather than later. It mollycoddles them, to some extent.

On the other hand, I have no doubt that teaching and curriculum standards are likely higher in private schools. As to the teaching of values--spiritual or otherwise--ought this not to fall under the purview of parents?

Blurt, the bible commands us to raise our children in the faith..

We are not shielding them from the world, on the contrary we are called to be ambassadors for Christ and be in the world and not of it..

I am a Christian lady posting on secular forums, I work in a secular environment and both my brother and I attend private Christian schools..

So they did prepare us for the real world.

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Chickenfeets"While I respect the reasons you list, Fash, seems to me they ill prepare your children for what they'll encounter outside the classroom walls.

In the "real" world, God's word is not often heard and few there are that love and fear the Lord (certainly not in as open a fashion as can be that of those who mock the Lord). Perhaps a parallel can be made here to Daniel in the lion's den; the mettle of those who fight for their beliefs is tested in the arena, not under a nun's skirts.

Private education can sometimes discourage children from meeting the world as it is--including its uglier and more difficult aspects--earlier rather than later. It mollycoddles them, to some extent.

On the other hand, I have no doubt that teaching and curriculum standards are likely higher in private schools. As to the teaching of values--spiritual or otherwise--ought this not to fall under the purview of parents?

Blurt, the bible commands us to raise children in the faith..

We are not shielding them from the world, on the contrary we are called to be ambassadors for Christ and be in the world and not of it..

I am a Christian woman posting on secular forums, I work in a secular environment and both my brother and I attend private Christian schools..

you are fortunate to have parents who cared......good morning fash.......

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"

I am a Christian woman posting on secular forums, I work in a secular environment and both my brother and I attend private Christian schools..

Good morning Obvious Li, I hope the new week is good to you.

:)

Obvious Li

i can`t believe it...woke up this morning to a winter wonderland again....when will this nonsense end.....go global warming please........any way will go to the city today and take mother for lunch.....the old bat needs to get out and get some fresh air......she`s paying though so WTH... :mrgreen:

Anonymous

i can`t believe it...woke up this morning to a winter wonderland again....when will this nonsense end.....go global warming please........any way will go to the city today and take mother for lunch.....the old bat needs to get out and get some fresh air......she`s paying though so WTH... :mrgreen:

That is nice Obvious Li..

I hope you have a nice time.

Anonymous

What are Mommy's for if not picking up the tab. ;)

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"

What are Mommy's for if not picking up the tab. ;)

Doing your laundry.