The best topic

Replies: 10389
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:36:52 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

EV's, Reliable Power, et al

Started by Herman, December 24, 2022, 12:41:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Zetsu

Quote from: Oerdin post_id=498605 time=1682266297 user_id=3374
Chinese electric cars have major problems with fires and blowing up.  Far more than other makers.  The same goes for electric motorcycles and even electric bikes.

">

The biggest challenge with China and Chinese isn't really due to their tech and expertise, but the biggest problem is cutting corners and half-ass lazyiness, simply it's all about the lack of ethnics and moral.
Permanently off his rocker

Frood

Yet look at the fire departments in Florida trying to put out electric car fires lifted up and soaked in the salty storm surges days later and going " fresh water isn't stopping it!!!"... lulz
Blahhhhhh...

DKG

Quote from: Zetsu post_id=498699 time=1682309451 user_id=61
Quote from: Oerdin post_id=498605 time=1682266297 user_id=3374
Chinese electric cars have major problems with fires and blowing up.  Far more than other makers.  The same goes for electric motorcycles and even electric bikes.

">

The biggest challenge with China and Chinese isn't really due to their tech and expertise, but the biggest problem is cutting corners and half-ass lazyiness, simply it's all about the lack of ethnics and moral.

They have safety standards, but they are not always followed.

Herman

Now the anti human green nutjobs want to ban rice.

Oerdin

Chargers are also a problem even here in California.  In a ten mile radius we have four; two Tesla supercharger stations and two non-tesla brand stations.  The newest is a Shell station and quickie mart which just got built which also has an Earl of Sandwich location inside, a carwash, and 10 non-Tesla brand charging stations.  I have yet to see a single electric car charge there.  At maybe $50,000 per charger plus electricity prices that is a lot of wasted investment.

This is despite there being many Tesla and non-Tesla electric cars and plug in hybrids in this area.  It just doesn't seem to make market sense especially since California charges higher unit rates the more electricity you use so running an independent charging station doesn't seem to make financial sense.  People can literally charge more cheaply at home.

Oerdin

Quote from: Herman post_id=498762 time=1682371801 user_id=3396

Huh?  That would starve half the planet. I did see an interesting poll on Twitter the other day (opt in so it wasn't scientific) where 51% of self described leftists claimed the universe would be better off if humans went extinct.  That is profoundly anti-human and genocidal but that seems to be the majority of idiotic self hating leftists these days.

Lokmar

Quote from: Oerdin post_id=498808 time=1682442503 user_id=3374

Huh?  That would starve half the planet. I did see an interesting poll on Twitter the other day (opt in so it wasn't scientific) where 51% of self described leftists claimed the universe would be better off if humans went extinct.  That is profoundly anti-human and genocidal but that seems to be the majority of idiotic self hating leftists these days.

Given the opportunity, I would kill every single one of them.

DKG

I think starving half the planet if the goal. Sorry, all of the human race.

Herman

I read that they now consider essential food production like rice unsustainable. They want us all dead.

Oerdin

I really like the idea of hydrogen powered cars.

">

Lokmar

Quote from: Oerdin post_id=498894 time=1682525816 user_id=3374

">

The best tech I've seen is an ICE that runs on gasoline and hydrogen. Mixed properly, the hydrogen coverts all the gasoline into usable pressure/energy. NOX is eliminated and the car gets MUCH better fuel economy because of the extra power of hydrogen AND it eliminates the need to run the engine rich to preserve the catalysts. This means you just eliminate the catalytic converters. Also, if we went back to running cars at 1995 polution levels, the air would be fine. CO2 being a pollutant is a scam.

Anonymous

The touch and feel of cotton, its the fabric of our lives.

DKG

Quote from: Lokmar post_id=498895 time=1682527675 user_id=3351
Quote from: Oerdin post_id=498894 time=1682525816 user_id=3374

">

The best tech I've seen is an ICE that runs on gasoline and hydrogen. Mixed properly, the hydrogen coverts all the gasoline into usable pressure/energy. NOX is eliminated and the car gets MUCH better fuel economy because of the extra power of hydrogen AND it eliminates the need to run the engine rich to preserve the catalysts. This means you just eliminate the catalytic converters. Also, if we went back to running cars at 1995 polution levels, the air would be fine. CO2 being a pollutant is a scam.

That has potential.

DKG

The "Setting Consumer Standards for Lithium-Ion Batteries Act" would require the Consumer Product Safety Commission to "establish a final consumer product safety standard for rechargeable lithium-ion batteries used in personal mobility devices, such as electric scooters and bikes, to protect against the risk of fires caused by such batteries," the proposed legislation read.

Recent incidents include a 7-year-old and a 19-year-old who died in what was called an "explosion of fire" in early April 2023, after a lithium-ion battery from an electric scooter exploded.

At least 38 people were injured in a Manhattan fire in November 2022, caused by what officials believe was a defective lithium-ion battery from a micromobility device. The apartment fire injured two critically and another five seriously.

DKG

Bill Maher gets it right once in a while.

">

Print
User actions