The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

The New Years resolutions that we probably won’t keep

Started by Erica Mena, December 30, 2022, 10:19:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Odinson

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=489602 time=1672460249 user_id=2845
Quote from: Odinson post_id=489600 time=1672459986 user_id=136
American women casually start the conversation with "so... I went to see my shrink today".

And the casual consumption of benzos...

That was me :laugh: No benzos these days. Just Zoloft and Melatonin

Zoloft.

Side-effects include drowsiness, fatigue, insomnia ... Sound familiar?

Garraty_47

Quote from: Breakfall post_id=489612 time=1672463577 user_id=3358
I can go a couple of days, but I hardly see the point. I can consume around 6 standard drinks over a period of 6 hours and feel completely comfortable with doing that daily. Recently I've been fortunate to smoke a bit of weed too, but that's as far as it goes these dayz. On the odd occasion I may indulge myself in a couple of paracetamol pills to ease the after effects of a binge session the morning after, particularly if I upped the ante and decided to shit-stir on a particular forum.

I think alcohol is the perfect drug...it's been with us ever since we stored food over lean times and decided to scape the barrel. Basically from the year Dot...

Cool and everything but:

1) Weed is overall way better than alcohol and has been around since our earliest ancestors were trying to figure out which plants were good to eat.

2) Ben&Jerry's is a brand of ice cream.

I so seldom drink if I cut back I'd be quitting entirely.

Dove

Quote from: Breakfall post_id=489596 time=1672459398 user_id=3358
I feel the same way with people that are overly dependent on prescription drugs. And I don't mean those with legitimate medical issues. Pharmaceuticals are overprescribed in America and it seems that the entire nation thinks it's quite "normal" to regularly see a shrink.

https://media.tenor.com/gsMjKjyfstoAAAAC/brad-12monkeys.gif">

It's actually swinging to the other extreme now where people in severe pain are not getting adequate pain relief.

Common sense and balance doesnt seem to be an option...of course. They make people who go to pain clinics live by these very stiff contracts and if they fuck something up they are cut off.  I have a friend with severe chrons and she went to get one of het pain killers in the middle of the night....dropped them in the sink. That's a common lie told by addicts.  So the clinic told her she had to call the police and get a report saying it or she would be dismissed from the practice. It's crazy.
My happiness is all of your misery. I put good dick all in my kidneys.

Dove

Quote from: Garraty_47 post_id=489607 time=1672461876 user_id=3381
This isn't exactly a resolution since it happened recently (XMas Eve) on the spur of the moment but since I don't make New Year's resolutions maybe it'll count...

I'm on the wagon.

I don't know how long it'll last because I've tried before and I've never been able to abstain for more than a couple weeks.

I'm going to give it another shot though.

No more Ben&Jerry's.  **sob**

What are you quitting?

Shen Li

I don't make resolutions. I have set goals, but I didn't set a deadline of January 1 to implement them.

Dove

Quote from: Breakfall post_id=489612 time=1672463577 user_id=3358
Quote from: Garraty_47 post_id=489607 time=1672461876 user_id=3381
This isn't exactly a resolution since it happened recently (XMas Eve) on the spur of the moment but since I don't make New Year's resolutions maybe it'll count...

I'm on the wagon.

I don't know how long it'll last because I've tried before and I've never been able to abstain for more than a couple weeks.

I'm going to give it another shot though.

No more Ben&Jerry's.  **sob**

I can go a couple of days, but I hardly see the point. I can consume around 6 standard drinks over a period of 6 hours and feel completely comfortable with doing that daily. Recently I've been fortunate to smoke a bit of weed too, but that's as far as it goes these dayz. On the odd occasion I may indulge myself in a couple of paracetamol pills to ease the after effects of a binge session the morning after, particularly if I upped the ante and decided to shit-stir on a particular forum.

I think alcohol is the perfect drug...it's been with us ever since we stored food over lean times and decided to scape the barrel. Basically from the year Dot...

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS34ybP_by1jVZkAZ3EPU-mdhwzq-BxzrKz_A&usqp=CAU">

My mothers retarded alcoholism destroyed my life before I got to live it.  My grandmother had to raise me because of it.

She once tried to stab me with a piece of a broken mirror when I was 4 (she had no idea what she was doing, btw...she was on heavy psych meds and drinking heavily) and my grandmother kicked her out.  I was molested by her boyfriend. Just one single time....and yeah I told. It was fucking terrifying.  He went to prison for 5 years. My mother than left the state.

As I became a teenager she came back to Michigan and she would get dumped on me. She got my grandmother's car impounded. We were both working in the mall and she had gotten drunk in the parking lot and drove with no lights on....me in the car...and the police arrested her and I almost ended up in foster care.

I've had to go pick her up from the hospital in the middle of the night more than once. My best friend I call my brother always went with me.

She allowed my alcoholic step father to he abusive to me. She has physically attacked me on a handful of occasions. Mostly because I got mouthy at the wrong times. Her and her drunk husband destroyed my credit. And guess who fixed it? Me.

She has been sober for about 8 years now. She really went off the deep end when she detoxed and we didnt talk for years.  She was texting me hateful and abusive rants for like two years. Shes been living with us for the past 3 years now because she has a ton of physical and mental health problems from her decades of drinking an 18 pack of beer per day.

My "normal meter" was completely fucked because of her alcoholism and I knew nothing of healthy relationships. I also developed substance abuse issues of my own. It took me YEARS of therapy to even realize the depth of dysfunction I went through.

I know there are people that can manage their alcohol and use it responsibly and NOT destroy their life and everyone elses.  People who have lived with an alcoholic will always have trauma associated with drinking.

Ever live a life where you are on your way home....and you have knots in your stomach wondering if the person at home is gonna be THAT kind of drunk? Where you walk in the door and you know they are shit face and you gotta think "should I just call the cops now and get it over with or wait until they escalate?"  

I think alcohol is just as destructive....if not more destructive....than heroin. If you are or live with an alcoholic.

My "resolution"....I dont really make specific ones......is to mentor someone. I havent been mentoring for the past 3 years. Just like 1 person....it gets too much if you have more then one.

Frood

Your mother obviously isn't genetically equipped to get pissed and work (ie bring home a crust/earnings).
Blahhhhhh...

Oliver Clotheshoffe

I resolve to get off my ass and wash the dishes.

That's about the only resolution I'll be able to keep.
Life is too short to be in a hurry

Garraty_47

Quote from: Dove post_id=489621 time=1672465954 user_id=3266
 What are you quitting?

Mostly Chunky Monkey, Peanut Butter Cup, Cherry Garcia, and Phish Food since those are the ones I would choose from most often.

I've only found one Ben&Jerry's flavor I absolutely can't abide and that's Netflix & Chill.

Tastes like it has chili powder in it. What the entire fuck...?

caskur

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=489584 time=1672456757 user_id=2845
I'm going to really try to take better care of me. I want to start an exercise routine at 5am in hopes it energizes me. Start taking vitamins and eating better. Not just for my shape but for my mind and spirit.

What about ya'll?

lose weight... try to last another year!~
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

DKG

Blazor

Quote from: Dove post_id=489624 time=1672467025 user_id=3266

Ever live a life where you are on your way home....and you have knots in your stomach wondering if the person at home is gonna be THAT kind of drunk? Where you walk in the door and you know they are shit face and you gotta think "should I just call the cops now and get it over with or wait until they escalate?"  

Oh my word, I could tell you some stories about my inlaws lol. Think the most crazy time was when she threatened to burn his boat down, and she did lol. Home wise I had a mean drunken stepdad. My Great Aunt took me to karate class, and when I was ready, I blocked stepdads whoopin', then blocked his shove, and returned it, and was waiting when he tried to punch me. I stared him down, and he never laid a hand on me again  ac_dance  Instead I was grounded all the damn time lol.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Blazor

Quote from: "Oliver Clotheshoffe" post_id=489647 time=1672493228 user_id=3349
I resolve to get off my ass and wash the dishes.

That's about the only resolution I'll be able to keep.

I HATE fucking dishes lol.

Blazor

Quote from: Garraty_47 post_id=489652 time=1672495628 user_id=3381
Quote from: Dove post_id=489621 time=1672465954 user_id=3266
 What are you quitting?

Mostly Chunky Monkey, Peanut Butter Cup, Cherry Garcia, and Phish Food since those are the ones I would choose from most often.

I've only found one Ben&Jerry's flavor I absolutely can't abide and that's Netflix & Chill.

Tastes like it has chili powder in it. What the entire fuck...?

Chunky Monkey the best lol.

Ice cream makes me gain weight the most, next to donuts. Luckily, Im lactose intolerant lolol. So when I do eat it, I cant eat much, so I dont normally buy it.

Dove

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=489627 time=1672469169 user_id=1676
Your mother obviously isn't genetically equipped

You could have stopped here and been completely accurate lol