Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

ATTN: GUESTS

Started by Erica Mena, January 06, 2023, 09:36:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erica Mena

If you've registered and are not an idiot, please drop a post with the nic you registered with. I'll approve it as long as you're not Semen. Thanks
<t></t>

Biggie Smiles

Is that parasite still trying to get his mindless spam approved here?

Erica Mena

I don't know who they are. A few nics have registered.
<t></t>

Herman

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=490348 time=1673060108 user_id=2845
I don't know who they are. A few nics have registered.

I might know who one of em is.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=490339 time=1673058969 user_id=2845
If you've registered and are not an idiot, please drop a post with the nic you registered with. I'll approve it as long as you're not Semen. Thanks

If that's for my benefit, I haven't registered and have no plans to. There's nothing in a registered account that isn't provided me with a guest account and I'm perfectly okay with you cherrypicking what crumbs I've submitted are approval-worthy or not.

I do think Shen Li would have got a smile out of my Ozzy Osbourne dietary comment though.  ac_biggrin

Frood

Hello... I may knowz youz...  ac_drinks
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

I don't always check guest posts, but I approve the obvious cunts. ac_biggrin

Anonymous

Quote from: "The Treasurer" post_id=490386 time=1673072855 user_id=3382
I don't always check guest posts, but I approve the obvious cunts. ac_biggrin

For this relief, much thanks. It makes the 40 minutes I spent on the wooden ruler and grunting solo worth every second.  ac_dance

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=490384 time=1673072401 user_id=1676
Hello... I may knowz youz...  ac_drinks

I'll plant 'em, you mow 'em.  :wink:

Shen Li

Quote from: Guest post_id=490374 time=1673070502
Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=490339 time=1673058969 user_id=2845

If that's for my benefit, I haven't registered and have no plans to. There's nothing in a registered account that isn't provided me with a guest account and I'm perfectly okay with you cherrypicking what crumbs I've submitted are approval-worthy or not.

I do think Shen Li would have got a smile out of my Ozzy Osbourne dietary comment though.  ac_biggrin

Ozzy Osbourne is the only singer with less musical ability than Spinal Tap and Milli Vanilli.

Breakfall

Löl @ Spinal Tap! Love this song...

">

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=490416 time=1673113689 user_id=3389
Quote from: Guest post_id=490374 time=1673070502

Ozzy Osbourne is the only singer with less musical ability than Spinal Tap and Milli Vanilli.

Ever heard these guys?

">

Of course you have. They were the band that other bands of the day would hire to make the window dressing sound good. Standard operating practice in the music industry, it guarantees hits from a record buying public who largely remain ignorant of being deceived... a bit like the WWE in fact.

I smile when I hear artists getting called out for alleged lack of musical chops... nine times out of ten it's because they were the real deal and not simply a collection of pinup poseurs designed to sell a product. As bad as Ozzy may or may not be, he wasn't in the habit of deceiving his audience.

I like that.  ac_biggrin

Shen Li

Quote from: Guest post_id=490469 time=1673167309
Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=490416 time=1673113689 user_id=3389

Ever heard these guys?

">

Of course you have. They were the band that other bands of the day would hire to make the window dressing sound good. Standard operating practice in the music industry, it guarantees hits from a record buying public who largely remain ignorant of being deceived... a bit like the WWE in fact.

I smile when I hear artists getting called out for alleged lack of musical chops... nine times out of ten it's because they were the real deal and not simply a collection of pinup poseurs designed to sell a product. As bad as Ozzy may or may not be, he wasn't in the habit of deceiving his audience.

I like that.  ac_biggrin

Maybe Ozzy should've hired a singer too.  The useless nincompoop had people write his songs, he might as well get them to sing it for him too. It would've been a an improvement.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=490619 time=1673319709 user_id=3389
Quote from: Guest post_id=490469 time=1673167309

Ever heard these guys?

">

I like that.  ac_biggrin

Maybe Ozzy should've hired a singer too.  The useless nincompoop had people write his songs, he might as well get them to sing it for him too. It would've been a an improvement.

But then he wouldn't have been anywhere near as authentic as he otherwise was. Besides, when it came to eating bats, who else would have been there to show the asians how it was done?

Gotta factor these sorts of attributes in, you know. Ain't none of us filling arenas at a hundred dollars a head to see us carry on like that!  ac_biggrin

Shen Li

That's just it, there's nothing authentic about Ozzy because he's not a musician at all. In fact, he took credit for songs his hired bandmates wrote.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=490676 time=1673406430 user_id=3389
That's just it, there's nothing authentic about Ozzy because he's not a musician at all. In fact, he took credit for songs his hired bandmates wrote.

So? We were talking about the noises he made with his mouth, not his ability to write fly-shit. Questioning one does not negate the other, therefore your claim of total absence of authenticity is null and void.

Same goes for the duo you know as Milli Vanilli. Decent enough window dressing - I mean it seems to have got your panties moist, but the guys in the videos you were flipping your bean to weren't making ANY noises with their mouths. At least not while the tapes were rolling, though they probably cooed sweet nothings in each others ears while playing Hide The Snausage in various broom closets. I mean they seemed the type, given a lot of their audience were also big Pet Shop Boys and George Michael fans.

And Milli Vanilli got busted for? Oh yeah, pretending other peoples performances were theirs, as well as claiming to have input into the creative process. I seem to recall the shit hit the fan in a major way when they were found out, which surprised me somewhat given their producer had orchestrated the same stunt with Boney M a generation prior with nobody giving a red raw shit about it.

I'm not the one you want to be having this discussion with, cupcake. Past the Paranoid album, I'm not even really a fan of Ozzy, I prefer the highly derivative (if not plagiaristic) stylings of Led Zeppelin and Arthur Brown setting his hair on fire and screaming about Satan across six octaves. Just as likely to put on a Mamas and the Papas, Moody Blues or Simon & Garfunkel album. Or trot out a selection of Zappa, another guy with a habit of putting his name to shit his bandmates contributed... they were his employees after all.

I made a career out of this shit precisely because I know where the bones are buried. And I don't give a fuck. You're never going to convince me Ozzy wasn't worth the weight of the wax he moved - people shelled out good money to own imprints of his voice, ain't nothing the chinee accented catcalls from the gallery can do about it.  ac_biggrin

Print
User actions