News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

ThatSingerReactions - Do Americans know him?

Started by caskur, January 10, 2023, 05:13:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

caskur

">

">

Who is this guy Americans? He is very cool. Watch in your times but WATCH to the finish.

He has been switched on to some Aussie greats. He knows his stuff too...

">
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

DKG

caskur

Quote from: DKG post_id=490647 time=1673363369 user_id=3390
Was Jimmy Barnes ever a member of INXS?

He was the lead singer in Cold Chissel !
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Jimmy Barnes was the lead singer of Cold Chisel

">
- Andy Warhol

Frood

" yeah, mate... I got one those eclectic music tastes. I love me AC/DC, The Angels, the Oils, and Cold Chisel, but I also like weird stuff like Jimmy Barnes and Ian Moss"....
Blahhhhhh...

caskur

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=490698 time=1673421878 user_id=1676
" yeah, mate... I got one those eclectic music tastes. I love me AC/DC, The Angels, the Oils, and Cold Chisel, but I also like weird stuff like Jimmy Barnes and Ian Moss"....

People have been sending him the seekers, Colleen Hewett, John English, Eric Bogle....

All my favourites.

I love that dude but who is he in America?... he is a singer there.

JIM BARNES was the lead singer on Cold Chisel.
- Andy Warhol

Frood

And Ian Moss was his band mate... it was a piss-take on mullet bogan.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: caskur post_id=490701 time=1673422730 user_id=2156
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=490698 time=1673421878 user_id=1676

People have been sending him the seekers, Colleen Hewett, John English, Eric Bogle....

All my favourites.

I love that dude but who is he in America?... he is a singer there.

JIM BARNES was the lead singer on Cold Chisel.

Jimmy Barnes was A lead singer of Cold Chisel. Early on in the piece his elder brother John Swan (aka Swannee) was also a lead vocalist of the band until his violent nature led to his dismissal.

And who was that guy who kept on stepping up to the mike whenever Prestwich got Barnsey to throw tantrums and storm out the door, vowing never to return again. Drawing a fucken blank here...

">

Ahhh yeah, good ol' Mossy. Killer song that, best they ever did.

Anonymous

No, but he did have a hit with them

">

caskur

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=490703 time=1673423494 user_id=1676
And Ian Moss was his band mate... it was a piss-take on mullet bogan.

Here... take a chill pill.... I don't know who Ian Moss is.

">
- Andy Warhol

Frood

He was part of Cold Chisel... and went on to record MANY albums.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

To answer an earlier question, there are certain sectors of the American music industry that are familiar with a few of the names mentioned here. I know this because I am fucking amazing when it comes to paying attention to such matters.

In the case of John Farnham, he was lucky enough to snag a lead vocal slot for three Little River Band albums in between Time Exposure (1981) and Monsoon (1988). Well, I say "lucky", that band was never quite the same after Shorrock and Briggs were kicked out, but with Farnham at center stage LRB would go on to release a string of singles in the US market, only three of which would crack the top 40 there.

">

Most didn't even chart.

Barnsey... well, all of Cold Chisel in fact... enjoyed a level of infamy among record execs in both the US and Australia for not bending over and taking it up the arse. Quite the opposite in fact. After telling industry heads in Australia to jam their onerous contracts sideways up the sphincters of various A&R men, Chisel went on to make a name for themselves purely off the sweat of their own backs, tearing the roofs off Blue Light Discos and prisons alike. All with virtually no promotion whatsoever from the mainstream music industry, they carved their place out as one of the premier live acts in Australia, until dickheads like Ian "Molly" Meldrum were forced to talk about this great "new" band to a record buying public who already well knew who they were anyway. Embarrassing! Ultimately they were courted to go to the US, where they were again invited to bend over in return for fame and... well fame at least. The results were predictable, Capitol Records in particular were quite incensed at the reaction and Chisel returned to their faithful fans on familiar shores.

As for Guy Sebastian... bother me not with that wog. Anyone who comes to prominence off the back of appearing on karaoke shows like Australia's Got Talent has assuredly grabbed their ankles on more than a few occasions, especially in a place like Terra Cacktarsis.

caskur

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=490710 time=1673427077 user_id=1676
He was part of Cold Chisel... and went on to record MANY albums.

That youtuber in my first post is an entertainer of some sort in the USA..  HE is very interesting to watch... I hope people take the time to watch those vids.

He has acknowledged some posts I have made to him...which is good.

Our market is saturated with music..  I cannot keep up with everything... what we need is good song writers... that is what the world really needs.  I only listen to the best of the best...

I wished they'd do an Australian Idol type show featuring song writers. THAT is what I would watch.
- Andy Warhol

DKG

Quote from: caskur post_id=490690 time=1673412936 user_id=2156

He was the lead singer in Cold Chissel !

I remember now, it was this song that made me think Jimmy Barnes was once a member of INXS.

">

caskur

And I cannot stand Glen Shorrick or whatever his fucking ugly arse name was or maybe I am getting him mixed up with Daryl Braithwaite, yes, I am thinking I am mixing them up...I loved Skyhooks, Squeak ... John Paul Young,  John English, Collen Hewett voice,  and the Aussie circuit....but really, who was better than the bloody Bee Gees early stuff....?

I had a double album of live pub performanes of John English, I lost it in my house fire. I reckon that would be worth a small fortune now...

I agree with the black dude in ThatSingerReactions... He likes what I like..

I think I go for Folk, Rock and classical and really don't know which is first.... I know what I hate, jazz and rap... Although I can enjoy a jazz or rap song ...as long as its only one track.
- Andy Warhol

Print
User actions