The best topic

Replies: 10550
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 05, 2024, 09:26:27 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

Did anyone see..

Started by Erica Mena, January 26, 2023, 10:24:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: Dove post_id=492884 time=1674927201 user_id=3266
I get torn on staying and fighting or bolting for FL.

Either way you'll be expected to fight, there is no sitting down and letting others beat back the barbarians for you.

Best be considering which hill you're prepared to make your stand on, based on where you anticipate you'll best win out. I don't necessarily agree with Frood's analysis on the disadvantages of uprooting kids to new neighbourhoods either. I mean they are definitely there, don't get me wrong, but having been subjected to a few moves at an early age myself, I learned a crapton of things that stood me in good stead for a more nomadic lifestyle as an adult. There are advantages to being able to go where the action is at the drop of a hat, something I'm sure will prove useful in the coming years.

Dove

Quote from: Guest post_id=492940 time=1674943620
Quote from: Dove post_id=492884 time=1674927201 user_id=3266
I get torn on staying and fighting or bolting for FL.

Either way you'll be expected to fight, there is no sitting down and letting others beat back the barbarians for you.

Best be considering which hill you're prepared to make your stand on, based on where you anticipate you'll best win out. I don't necessarily agree with Frood's analysis on the disadvantages of uprooting kids to new neighbourhoods either. I mean they are definitely there, don't get me wrong, but having been subjected to a few moves at an early age myself, I learned a crapton of things that stood me in good stead for a more nomadic lifestyle as an adult. There are advantages to being able to go where the action is at the drop of a hat, something I'm sure will prove useful in the coming years.

I lived in 7 different states when my kids were little and I was a dancer. So my oldest actually hates moving and my 17 year old thought she hated it but now shes down for the RV lifestyle lol.

My youngest didnt move all over with me but she is down for any adventure so long as she can keep her cat lol

I love the nomadic lifestyle really but I always end up back in Michigan.  I have a thing for the seasons....I love the season cycle.

I've lived in Florida before and every fall I was always homesick. Same when I was on the Gulf Coast.....it gets cooler there but it's not the same. My state has everything but a decent government lol.
My happiness is all of your misery. I put good dick all in my kidneys.

Anonymous

Quote from: Dove post_id=492980 time=1674984783 user_id=3266
Quote from: Guest post_id=492940 time=1674943620

I lived in 7 different states when my kids were little and I was a dancer. So my oldest actually hates moving and my 17 year old thought she hated it but now shes down for the RV lifestyle lol.

My youngest didnt move all over with me but she is down for any adventure so long as she can keep her cat lol

I love the nomadic lifestyle really but I always end up back in Michigan.  I have a thing for the seasons....I love the season cycle.

I've lived in Florida before and every fall I was always homesick. Same when I was on the Gulf Coast.....it gets cooler there but it's not the same. My state has everything but a decent government lol.

I'm still mourning Canada. It'll be three years this April since I exited, quite literally hours before Air Canada ceased its international services and began bullying its citizens in earnest. 15 days to flatten the curve my ass!

It's not all bad news. I hit the ground running (I usually do) and started casting about for a place to put my roots down. It took a while, but I found a place where I could recoup some of what globalism stripped from us all. Thank fuck it's off the beaten track and the locals are a fairly easygoing bunch, accepting of people who are ready to muck in for the betterment of the community. Learning a few new skills that are totally out of the entertainment wheelhouse and already have a reputation for conscientiousness and reliability, two traits that will prove their weight in gold over the coming years.

You have to do you of course, but my recommendation still stands - if you can see the bridge is out ahead, now is definitely the time to get out ahead of what's approaching. Anyone who lives in close proximity to a city should be looking to get the fuck out of Dodge in my earnest opinion. The longer the exit is delayed, the more surety there is of one getting trapped in a https://www.victorpest.com/articles/what-humans-can-learn-from-calhouns-rodent-utopia">Rodent Utopia scenario. I can already see some of that behavioural decline in evidence in some of the posters here, I'm not about to let that happen to me.

Dove

Quote from: Guest post_id=492983 time=1674990278
Quote from: Dove post_id=492980 time=1674984783 user_id=3266

I'm still mourning Canada. It'll be three years this April since I exited, quite literally hours before Air Canada ceased its international services and began bullying its citizens in earnest. 15 days to flatten the curve my ass!

It's not all bad news. I hit the ground running (I usually do) and started casting about for a place to put my roots down. It took a while, but I found a place where I could recoup some of what globalism stripped from us all. Thank fuck it's off the beaten track and the locals are a fairly easygoing bunch, accepting of people who are ready to muck in for the betterment of the community. Learning a few new skills that are totally out of the entertainment wheelhouse and already have a reputation for conscientiousness and reliability, two traits that will prove their weight in gold over the coming years.

You have to do you of course, but my recommendation still stands - if you can see the bridge is out ahead, now is definitely the time to get out ahead of what's approaching. Anyone who lives in close proximity to a city should be looking to get the fuck out of Dodge in my earnest opinion. The longer the exit is delayed, the more surety there is of one getting trapped in a https://www.victorpest.com/articles/what-humans-can-learn-from-calhouns-rodent-utopia">Rodent Utopia scenario. I can already see some of that behavioural decline in evidence in some of the posters here, I'm not about to let that happen to me.

Well we are close to Lansing but out in the more rural areas.  

I'd like to go even more rural but the husband wont do it.

Where did you end up? If you dont mind answering of course.

Anonymous

Quote from: Dove post_id=492989 time=1674998329 user_id=3266
Quote from: Guest post_id=492983 time=1674990278

Where I was meant to be.  :wink:

Shen Li

Quote from: Frood post_id=492890 time=1674929952 user_id=1676
Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=492887 time=1674928321 user_id=3389

I know lots of East Asians who either have taken their skills elsewhere or are seriously considering it  This is not the Canada that we immigrated to the 90's. The choices and opportunities that we used to take for granted are gone for good with the stroke of a pen.

This used to be a pragmatic nation. Now it's a dogmatic nation. I used to tolerate the weather here when I knew this country wanted people to succeed. That's no longer how it works.

I got 2 young boys. I owe it to them to provide them with the same opportunities for success that my parents provided for me when we came here. If it's in a foreign nation, so be it. After all, we don't have a Freedom Florida to escape to.

I grew up on freedom mantras but ended up in Australia for love. Had a couple of kids. I realized early on that this was it.... for me. The kids are this culture and I hope a little bit of dad's. The worst thing I could do to them is uproot and remove them now. It would destroy them.

What you're proposing is nuts to me. They can move on if they want when of age. But not under-age. What you're proposing is no different than throwing DACA kids into Mexico or Central America. Ok, their parents will be present in your case, but they'll still despise you for it.

Fight or flee has a certain ring to it until you realise that fleeing will mostly destroy your offspring.

I hope you reconsider.

No kid wants to leave everything they've ever known, their friends, a common expressive language, learnt values... and right or wrong, you can do more for them by remaining than changing atmosphere.

Trust me on this even if this the only thing you do trust me on... suspend your wants, needs, desires, or pipe dreams.... because your kids won't share any of them. You move them, they will resent you for many decades....and probably end up back in North America as soon as they can. Just like if I moved my kids to NA.... because they are attached to a nation and have to make those big choices themselves.

My mind is made up. I have an auntie who became a naturalized Singaporean citizen. My husband and I intend to do the same,

Dove

Quote from: Guest post_id=493009 time=1675016741
Quote from: Dove post_id=492989 time=1674998329 user_id=3266

Where I was meant to be.  :wink:

Fair enough.  :thumbup:

Frood

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=493013 time=1675021847 user_id=3389
Quote from: Frood post_id=492890 time=1674929952 user_id=1676

I grew up on freedom mantras but ended up in Australia for love. Had a couple of kids. I realized early on that this was it.... for me. The kids are this culture and I hope a little bit of dad's. The worst thing I could do to them is uproot and remove them now. It would destroy them.

What you're proposing is nuts to me. They can move on if they want when of age. But not under-age. What you're proposing is no different than throwing DACA kids into Mexico or Central America. Ok, their parents will be present in your case, but they'll still despise you for it.

Fight or flee has a certain ring to it until you realise that fleeing will mostly destroy your offspring.

I hope you reconsider.

No kid wants to leave everything they've ever known, their friends, a common expressive language, learnt values... and right or wrong, you can do more for them by remaining than changing atmosphere.

Trust me on this even if this the only thing you do trust me on... suspend your wants, needs, desires, or pipe dreams.... because your kids won't share any of them. You move them, they will resent you for many decades....and probably end up back in North America as soon as they can. Just like if I moved my kids to NA.... because they are attached to a nation and have to make those big choices themselves.

My mind is made up. I have an auntie who became a naturalized Singaporean citizen. My husband and I intend to do the same,

:oeudC:

Fair enough...I guess..
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

I could never deal with Singapore, the haircut requirement would shit me.

Aryan

Quote from: Blazor post_id=492583 time=1674763078 user_id=2221
Quote from: SCOUSE post_id=492570 time=1674757132 user_id=1728
Big pharma execs are of course shielded from prosecution.

Back in the good old days, these fuckers would have been lynched already.

Aint it odd, that Biden made lynching illegal last year  ac_umm

I assumed it had always been illegal....

Some laws are meant be broken, just like the necks of the traitors enforcing them.

Odinson

Too bad lynchmobs arent a thing anymore.

Society has lost its soul.

Shen Li

Quote from: Guest post_id=493089 time=1675075611

That ended 30 years ago.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=493368 time=1675451243 user_id=3389
Quote from: Guest post_id=493089 time=1675075611

That ended 30 years ago.

I could never deal with Singapore, the rampant headlice epidemic would shit me.

Shen Li

Quote from: Guest post_id=493392 time=1675498755
Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=493368 time=1675451243 user_id=3389

That ended 30 years ago.

I could never deal with Singapore, the rampant headlice epidemic would shit me.

They do love heat and humidity. But, I'd be leaving behind Canada's MS epidemic.

Aryan

Haircut requirement WTF?  ac_toofunny