The best topic

Replies: 8140
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 08:47:54 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Odinson

Should there be danger pay for teachers

Started by DKG, January 30, 2023, 02:31:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Herman

Quote from: SCOUSE post_id=493273 time=1675276611 user_id=1728
Quote from: DKG post_id=493148 time=1675110503 user_id=3390

Why would you ask me about Korea? I don't live there, and I don't speak Korean. That country is as foreign to me as it is to you. My only connection to that culture is that I like Korean bbq.

We are really getting off topic here.

Because you're (allegedly) Korean?

Not sure where you were born, but given the fact that you're a first generation immigrant, surely you must have some loyalty and connection with your racial homeland?

If he came here as a baby he would be considered the 1.5 generation or something like that.

DKG

Quote from: SCOUSE post_id=493273 time=1675276611 user_id=1728
Quote from: DKG post_id=493148 time=1675110503 user_id=3390

Why would you ask me about Korea? I don't live there, and I don't speak Korean. That country is as foreign to me as it is to you. My only connection to that culture is that I like Korean bbq.

We are really getting off topic here.

Because you're (allegedly) Korean?

Not sure where you were born, but given the fact that you're a first generation immigrant, surely you must have some loyalty and connection with your racial homeland?

I was born in Ori-dong area of Seoul, the capital city. But, I don't remember it. I was an inflant when we came to Canada. My younger sister was born in Canada. My parents spoke in English or sometimes Konglish to us. We had no exposure to Korean pop culture, so we never learned the language.

Last I heard, I have cousins in Korea. I have a lot more connection to Florida in the US than I do Korea. That suits me fine. FLorida is a bastion of economic freedom with great weather.