The best topic

Replies: 8525
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 07, 2024, 10:23:32 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

Time to face facts

Started by Erica Mena, February 07, 2023, 05:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Shen Li

Quote from: Odinson post_id=493623 time=1675818176 user_id=136
Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=493622 time=1675817235 user_id=3389

I look good in anything. That's besides the point though. You don't mind the cold and I hate it.

BTW, did you build a permanent structure on the piece of land you bought by a river?

If you mean the cabin I spoke about years ago then...

Its a lake and it burned down summer 2021.

But I have something new in the works now and all the pieces are at the location.

The semi-truck came nowhere near the cabin and I had to load everything on my king cab by hand and make multiple trips.

It needs assembling.

I remember you posted a pic, but I only remember the river. Anyway, sorry it burnt down.

Shen Li

Quote from: "Berry Sweet" post_id=493625 time=1675819571 user_id=164
Long gone are those days.  I remember when the internet first came out and people were massively addicted to the mirc boards.

It is correct the only ones left are trolls and spammers.  They are the ones responsible for running off all the good people....and then they sit here and whine about it. They should leave the interent alone and go sniff bicycle seats ot lick public toilet seats.

The incels on VF have nobody to blame but themselves for the death of forums.

Berry Sweet

Odinson

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=493628 time=1675819722 user_id=3389
Quote from: Odinson post_id=493623 time=1675818176 user_id=136

If you mean the cabin I spoke about years ago then...

Its a lake and it burned down summer 2021.

But I have something new in the works now and all the pieces are at the location.

The semi-truck came nowhere near the cabin and I had to load everything on my king cab by hand and make multiple trips.

It needs assembling.

I remember you posted a pic, but I only remember the river. Anyway, sorry it burnt down.

It was depressing... It was almost finished.

Then somebody lit up the barbecue and the rest is history.

My property insurance covered it even though it was slightly illegal... Its not supposed to be that close to the water.

It was all for the best because the legislation changed a bit a year ago and now I can build something I really like without any extra bullshit.

Here is some proof.

Its too big for the preview.

https://ibb.co/v4m75X1">https://ibb.co/v4m75X1

Oliver Clotheshoffe

Forums where people get together and chat aren't too common anymore... probably everyone went to Twitter or Facebook... some places like the Steam Forums still get lots of traffic because it's dedicated to video gaming but yeah general chat forums are on the way out...

Hey I know let's write a game where Seamajor is the final boss throwing lib catch phrases at you while you pummel him with the Common Sense Gun and when he goes down you get the choice to waste him or turn him into a conservative or something :)
Life is too short to be in a hurry

Shen Li

Quote from: Odinson post_id=493633 time=1675820116 user_id=136
Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=493628 time=1675819722 user_id=3389

It was depressing... It was almost finished.

Then somebody lit up the barbecue and the rest is history.

My property insurance covered it even though it was slightly illegal... Its not supposed to be that close to the water.

It was all for the best because the legislation changed a bit a year ago and now I can build something I really like without any extra bullshit.

Major bummer.

Here is some proof.

Its too big for the preview.

https://ibb.co/v4m75X1">https://ibb.co/v4m75X1

Odinson

On topic.

The general chat happens in Twitter.

But if you need information, experiences of other people, long conversations, previews and such, you go to the forums.

Shen Li

Quote from: Odinson post_id=493639 time=1675822070 user_id=136
On topic.

The general chat happens in Twitter.

But if you need information, experiences of other people, long conversations, previews and such, you go to the forums.

The problem with that is there aren't many people left on forums that do that. Imbeciles and malcontents bored them away.

Anonymous

Its too cliquey, what's the point? I can go to tattle life ffs

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=493620 time=1675816883 user_id=3389
Quote from: "Biggie Smiles" post_id=493619 time=1675816741 user_id=3214

I actually made admong flip the fuck out just by ignoring him but mocking him to others. That shit sent him right up the living room curtains and made him get himself smacked in the mouth cause he couldn't control himself anymore

X is on ignore as he is too stupid to bother with on any level

and I recently took seamajor off ignore just to fuck with him on the whole tranny lust thing. I'm putting him back on ignore as even that is becoming tedious now

Like Flea said, it's mostly spammers and trolls now. The retarded variety, not the clever ones like Gordy and Renee.

Gordy was a bore. Same thing over and over. He was a boring old man.

Anonymous

Quote from: Guest post_id=493654 time=1675825430
Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=493620 time=1675816883 user_id=3389

Like Flea said, it's mostly spammers and trolls now. The retarded variety, not the clever ones like Gordy and Renee.

Gordy was a bore. Same thing over and over. He was a boring old man.

Eddie, you're jealous of him because he has clear skin.

Oliver Clotheshoffe

Back in the day when you wanted to know what people really thought you would go to the Yahoo message boards. Anyone could make an account using any name they wanted with no verification e-mail needed. Fly through the boards posting whatever you want without worrying about mods or censors. People were brutally honest with their opinions. I remember scrolling the boards on 9-11 and reading people's reactions as it happened live and let me tell you they were NOT politically correct.

Then news sites started shutting down their forums because they were afraid someone would get mad at someone else and something would happen and the web site would then be sued into oblivion. Or if they did keep their forum you'd need an e-mail verification and the place would be crawling with mods. More and more people started getting banned for stating opinions which were unpopular at the time. Most social media still does it today.

The old forums I knew, Cosmic Outpost, Troll Valhalla, Bad Yahoo, the Cindybin board, and ( hang my head in shame ) The Dana Crew mostly sprung up from Yahoo posters who started their own forums to keep the discussions going. It went well for a while but then fights would break out and people would leave.

Just human nature I guess.

Dammit now I forgot what I was rambling about. Maybe I shouldn't have taken that bong hit.  :Ghelyon:
Life is too short to be in a hurry

Erica Mena

I came from MSN groups. Caskur too. They were always busy. Flame, news and Philosophy groups.

Started posting on php forums in 2005.
<t></t>

Shen Li

I started posting on the old Asian-American forums(Goldsea, AF, YW, 44's, etc) when I was in grade 11. They were super busy, but they were all gone by 2009. I found DV in 2010 during a search.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=493604 time=1675809723 user_id=2845
Forums are done. Nothing but spammers. We will never get 2006 back.

Quote from: "The Treasurer" post_id=493608 time=1675813917 user_id=3382
The problem used to be flamers and trolls running off people they didn't like.  Now the problem is there's no one left to run off.

Another sc`T prediction comes to pass. I said this was going to happen, nearly 20 years ago.