Replies: 8527
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 12:52:00 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Today’s youngin will never understand..

Started by Erica Mena, February 15, 2023, 03:27:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

I know this much, if I needed to take a shit in the outback, I'd much prefer to wipe my ass with a street directory than a Garmin.

Frood

I'd prefer Prince's ears or forearms... for the baby soft touch...
Blahhhhhh...

Blazor

Quote from: "Biggie Smiles" post_id=494287 time=1676566582 user_id=3214
Quote from: Blazor post_id=494285 time=1676566143 user_id=2221

We didnt even have cell phones  :laugh:

Fuck, when I delivered pizza, if someone didnt answer the door, we had to find a pay phone to call them lol.

lol -- and you needed one of those big map books I'm betting

them shits was annoying as fuck

Nope, no map book. We had a huge map on the wall, and I would look up the street, and on the back of the customer ticket, I would right stuff like....

R Madison

L 10th

L Salem

And when I got there, if a customer didnt have their porch light on, and I knew it was their house, I would shine my half million candle power spotlight in to their windows, making them think the cops had arrived hahahaha. Porch light went on real quick  :laugh:
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Blazor

Quote from: Garraty_47 post_id=494289 time=1676569322 user_id=3381
Quote from: "Biggie Smiles" post_id=494287 time=1676566582 user_id=3214

lol -- and you needed one of those big map books I'm betting

them shits was annoying as fuck

I delivered for Pizza Inn (Salem) between graduation and going to basic training.

Drove an old converted mail Jeep that had a map of our area laminated and glued to a tray next to the driver's seat.

It was fun but a bit top heavy... almost tipped it a couple times on sharp curves. LoL

Ha! I remember Pizza Inn!

I ordered from them ONE time, then never again lol. Took 2 1/2 hours to get my pizza. I wanted to try their Mexican pizza. It arrived cold, and didnt even have all the toppings on it.

With my Jeep, when I delivered, they knew I couldnt call out for snow lol. I'd be the only driver when it snowed, but I made MAD money lol.

Blazor

Quote from: Guest post_id=494305 time=1676586799
I miss the old street directories for the ability to do your own route planning and not simply leave it to a computer to tell you where to go. The kids of today have been bred into being a bunch of conformist cabbage-craniumed cockmongling cuckpigs that need a good smack upside their moonfaced oblong shaped heads to think for themselves.

:roll:

Hell yeah!!!

That was the beauty of back then, one could learn the shortcuts, hell.... learn the city! Now, they NEED GPS just to get to anywhere!

I was always the guy, that everyone called, and be like "where is such and such street?".

Blazor

Quote from: Frood post_id=494361 time=1676615584 user_id=1676
Unless of course the world goes mad and emp balloons go off.... then paper is king.

I have maps just for that kind of scenario!!!

I have a US map of interstates, a map of the Blue Ridge Parkway, a map of my city, a map of West Virginia, and 3 forestry maps that are areas near here.

Anonymous

Quote from: Blazor post_id=494394 time=1676651590 user_id=2221
Quote from: Guest post_id=494305 time=1676586799
I miss the old street directories for the ability to do your own route planning and not simply leave it to a computer to tell you where to go. The kids of today have been bred into being a bunch of conformist cabbage-craniumed cockmongling cuckpigs that need a good smack upside their moonfaced oblong shaped heads to think for themselves.

:roll:

Hell yeah!!!

That was the beauty of back then, one could learn the shortcuts, hell.... learn the city! Now, they NEED GPS just to get to anywhere!

I was always the guy, that everyone called, and be like "where is such and such street?".

I know what you mean. As a kid I used to love poring over the street directories of my city, by the time I hit adulthood you could have put me anywhere in the suburbs and within ten minutes I could have told you exactly where I was.

Garraty_47

Quote from: Blazor post_id=494393 time=1676651320 user_id=2221
Ha! I remember Pizza Inn!

I ordered from them ONE time, then never again lol. Took 2 1/2 hours to get my pizza. I wanted to try their Mexican pizza. It arrived cold, and didnt even have all the toppings on it.

With my Jeep, when I delivered, they knew I couldnt call out for snow lol. I'd be the only driver when it snowed, but I made MAD money lol.

Must've been after my time.

I dogged that poor Jeep something fierce.

The only time I got delayed was when the Jeep died on me while out on a delivery.

Not because of anything I did, thank goodness, only because it was kinda old.

I got to know Salem pretty well at that time... knew lots of back streets and whatnot.

I've forgotten it all now though.

Herman

Nine state representatives voted against this. :2r4ml1j_th:

A bill from Democrat West Virginia Delegate Kayla Young would remove the ability of children under 16 years old to get married and of those from 16 to 17 years old to marry those who are more than four years older than they are.

House Bill 3018 eliminates current provisions that allow children under the age of 16 to be married so long as they have parental permission and approval by a circuit judge. The bill passed by a vote of 83-9 and will move to the desk of Governor Jim Justice.