The best topic

Replies: 8237
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 12:04:42 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

This n that

Started by DKG, March 31, 2023, 07:16:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Shen Li

Quote from: Reggie_Essent post_id=507445 time=1689383653 user_id=3378
Quote from: DKG post_id=507422 time=1689381311 user_id=3390

Labatt Brewing Company Ltd., which controls 42.9% of the Canadian beer market, by volume is owned by Anheuser-Busch-InBev.

They all are.  I used to work on LaBatt advertising assets all the time, and Molson too. And Leinekugels and Keystone and Hamms and Coors Banquet and Coors Light and any number of other Brands. even Moosehead.  I think that's Canadian swill too.

Moosehead. What an iconic Canadian brand.

Frood

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=507465 time=1689391720 user_id=3389
Quote from: Reggie_Essent post_id=507445 time=1689383653 user_id=3378

They all are.  I used to work on LaBatt advertising assets all the time, and Molson too. And Leinekugels and Keystone and Hamms and Coors Banquet and Coors Light and any number of other Brands. even Moosehead.  I think that's Canadian swill too.

Admin likes to give mooses head.
Blahhhhhh...

Shen Li

Quote from: Frood post_id=507466 time=1689391804 user_id=1676
Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=507465 time=1689391720 user_id=3389

Admin likes to give mooses head.

Everybody knows that.

DKG

Lisa Marie Presley's death in January was due to a small bowel obstruction, according to the Los Angeles County Medical Examiner.

The 54-year-old daughter of Elvis Presley died on Jan. 12 after experiencing a cardiac arrest and being admitted to the hospital. According to official records from the LA County Coroner's Office, no drugs were detected in her system.

Odinson

There is a suspicion that it was caused by OZEMPIC..

Now... Where is our Miss Ozempic?

Herman

Quote from: Odinson post_id=507497 time=1689425870 user_id=136
There is a suspicion that it was caused by OZEMPIC..

Now... Where is our Miss Ozempic?

Holy shit!

Adolf Oliver Bush

Quote from: caskur post_id=507350 time=1689357646 user_id=2156
Quote from: "Adolf Oliver Bush" post_id=507293 time=1689325358 user_id=3409

Reproduction or no, it's still a great buy. Reminds me of a bunch of plates and bowls my grandmother had scrimped and saved for in the years following WW2, the pattern on them was different from yours, but the china itself...

I can't explain it, you only know it when you look at it. A warmth you rarely get to see in today's stuff. I get the feeling it's something sentimental, something you cherish. So again... good luck with it.  ac_smile

I love English bone china and have a collection... it was a big deal collecting it in the 19 hundreds by most women.

I posted pictures of my collection at 3rd Rail.

The base hasn't been  fixed yet...looks like it is on hold for now unless I do it.

It's going to need a steady hand, patience and attention to detail. Not something I'd undertake as my first attempt at serious restoration, I'd want a bit of practice gluing together lesser value breakages myself, testing for strength and smoothness of the end result. Your piece might as well be regarded as a one of a kind for all the likelihood of you encountering it again.

I can tell you this much though, if you do end up attempting it and it all goes smoothly, the pride in a well executed end result... the sense of "I did that" is hard to beat. You would know from your years in photography that there are those perfectly captured moments. It's like that.

There's also no shame in preferring to wait for someone with more skill in such matters to undertake the repair. I haven't seen the pieces myself so I can't really judge what's involved. But I do sense that there is a love for that bowl there. As frustrating as the waiting might be, if the end result is a perfectly restored bowl you can put on your table, whether when entertaining guests or simply for yourself, that will be worth it, no matter who has fixed it.
Her fucking fupa looked like a pair of ass cheeks... like someone naked ran into her head first and got stuck. She was like "come eat me out" and I was like "nah I think I'll go snort some anthrax and light myself on fire instead"

- Biggie Smiles

caskur

I'll take a picture of the pieces with the phone camera... there is fortunately one large piece and several smaller but big pieces.... give me a bit of time....20 minutes.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

And then there are some chips to. Of course it is now rendered valueless I guess.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Adolf Oliver Bush

Quote from: caskur post_id=507786 time=1689511019 user_id=2156
And then there are some chips to. Of course it is now rendered valueless I guess.

For resale perhaps. But you aren't looking to sell it, are you?

There are other metrics you might value such a piece by. Personal enjoyment being one of them. If you are confident in your abilities to restore it, that would be another measure of its worth. If you do go that route, take all the time in the world you need. Look at it long and hard, plan out what order to glue the pieces in and give each piece time to set before adding the next one would be my advice. Some ceramic glue, some gloves, a wet rag to wipe away excess glue before it sets etc. Watch a ton of YouTube tutorials to get ideas from others before you start, that sort of thing.

And feel free to post photos of the end result, especially if you're pleased with it. Even if you get someone else to do the repair, you can take pride in their work, if you undertake it yourself then you've every right to be pleased as Punch in yourself.  ac_biggrin
Her fucking fupa looked like a pair of ass cheeks... like someone naked ran into her head first and got stuck. She was like "come eat me out" and I was like "nah I think I'll go snort some anthrax and light myself on fire instead"

- Biggie Smiles

caskur

Thank you.... sage advice.
- Andy Warhol

Herman

Serves Target right.

Mega retailer Target hasn't recovered from consumer boycotts triggered after the company promoted Pride merchandise, with share prices and market cap declining significantly along with financial and popularity metrics.

American consumers started boycotting Target in May, after the retail chain rolled out its Pride collection, which included some items that targeted children, including books, home décor products, and transgender swimsuits for adults with a "tuck-friendly" feature.

In the first two weeks of May, when the company's Pride controversy began to go viral, its market capitalization declined by $1.85 billion.

In the three weeks between May 15 and June 5, the market cap fell by an additional $11.66 billion.

Though the market cap recovered somewhat to $60.34 billion as of July 10, it's still $11.7 billion less than what it was on May 1.

Lokmar

The ONLY thing I will go into a Target for is TP. Now that they went all faggy, I wont even go there for that. Fuck Target!

Oerdin

The Targeted children so now I don't go there.

Oliver Clotheshoffe

Hey guys this ever happen to you when you went out hiking?

">
Life is too short to be in a hurry