The best topic

Replies: 7564
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 04:29:37 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Thiel

This n that

Started by DKG, March 31, 2023, 07:16:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

DKG

The U.S. Supreme Court on July 27 allowed Equitrans Midstream Corp. to resume the building of the Mountain Valley Pipeline, granting what some described as a win for Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) by lifting a lower-court order that blocked work on the project.

In a brief order (pdf), the high court suggested that it would possibly consider lawsuits issued by environmental groups. "Although the Court does not reach applicant's suggestion that it treat the application as a petition for a writ of mandamus at this time, that determination is without prejudice to further consideration in light of subsequent developments," it said.

"The application to vacate stays presented to The Chief Justice and by him referred to the Court is granted," the Supreme Court added. It didn't provide any explanation of its decision.

DKG

Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker – a Democrat – signed a bill into law on Friday that would allow non-U.S. citizens to become police officers.

DKG

President Eisenhower signs "In God We Trust" into law on this day in 1956.

DKG

Confidence in one of the most trusted institutions in the United States, the military, has fallen to its lowest point in more than 25 years, according to a new poll by Gallup.

On Monday, Gallup shared the results of a June poll, which found about 60 percent of U.S. adults who were surveyed expressed either a "great deal" or "quite a lot" of confidence in the U.S. military, while the remainder expressed "very little" or only "some" confidence in the military. This figure marks the lowest level of confidence in the U.S. military since 1997.

The drop in support was most significant among respondents who identified as Republican. Since Gallup began polling trust in the military in 1975, Republicans have typically held the highest degree of confidence in the U.S. military. In the final year of President Donald Trump's presidency, 91 percent of Republican respondents had expressed moderate to high confidence in the military. Now only 68 percent of Republican respondents feel that way, a 23-point drop.

The U.S. military also lost a significant measure of trust and confidence from independent voters. In 2019, 73 percent of independents felt a moderate to high confidence in the military, but that number fell to 68 percent in 2020 and has since dropped an additional 13 points.

Oerdin

This and that.  Harley Davidson motorcycles has a problem in that it cannot find enough repo men to repo motorcycles that people cannot pay for.  The company's scared because so many of their "customers" have guns and shot their repro men.

DKG

Quote from: Oerdin on August 01, 2023, 08:57:22 PM
This and that.  Harley Davidson motorcycles has a problem in that it cannot find enough repo men to repo motorcycles that people cannot pay for.  The company's scared because so many of their "customers" have guns and shot their repro men.

That is a problem finding repo men to seize Harleys.

Oliver the Second

Taylor swiftly emptying their wallets

DKG

Global prices for food commodities like rice and vegetable oil have risen for the first time in months after Russia pulled out of a wartime agreement allowing Ukraine to ship grain to the world, and India restricted some of its rice exports, the U.N. Food and Agriculture Organization said Friday.

The FAO Food Price Index, which tracks monthly changes in the international prices of commonly traded food commodities, increased 1.3% in July over June, driven by higher costs for rice and vegetable oil. It was the first uptick since April, when higher sugar prices bumped up the index slightly for the first time in a year.

DKG

Hiring roughly held steady in July as employers added 187,000 jobs despite high interest rates and inflation.

The unemployment rate, which is calculated from a separate survey of households, dipped from 3.6% to 3.5%, the Labor Department said Friday.

Economists surveyed by Bloomberg had estimated that 200,000 jobs were added last month.

Payroll gains for May and June were revised down by a total of 49,000, portraying a somewhat softer spring labor market than believed. The June rise in employment was downgraded to 185,000 from 209,000. As a result, June and July mark the first months of sub-200,000 job gains since December 2020.

Kathy Bostjancic, Nationwide's chief economist, says the report doesn't tip the scales either way in the Fed's decision whether to hold interest rates steady the rest of the year after a historic flurry of rate increases or approve an additional hike as soon as mid-September. The central bank, she says, will want to see the August jobs report and two more monthly inflation readings before making that call next month.

Shen Li

Does anyone remember when Hillary Clinton called Tulsi Gabbard a Russian asset. :crazy:

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: Shen Li on August 04, 2023, 10:38:09 PM
Does anyone remember when Hillary Clinton called Tulsi Gabbard a Russian asset. :crazy:

Hillary knows that mongs like admin and Poark (her supporters) will buy that bullshit... so she spews it

then laughs at them behind closed doors

gosh, it's a fate worse than hell being a leftist libtard.. I swear

Shen Li

Quote from: Biggie Smiles on August 04, 2023, 10:40:30 PM
Hillary knows that mongs like admin and Poark (her supporters) will buy that bullshit... so she spews it

then laughs at them behind closed doors

gosh, it's a fate worse than hell being a leftist libtard.. I swear
I promised myself I wouldn't pay attention to the US presidential election in 15 months, but I lied. The US Democrats are a corrupt, authoritarian, woke, warmongering party that only serves the interests of elites. Both RFK Jr and Tulsi Gabbard have said the same and have been smeared by their party for speaking the truth. Biden won't even give RFK Secret Service protection which is customary for presidential candidates. His father was assasinated while running for president. Canada has got to get rid of Trudeau to save the country and Americans have to fire Biden to save their country.

Biggie Smiles

Shen Li

Quote from: Biggie Smiles on August 04, 2023, 11:02:11 PM

I watched this entire video. Would the DOJ have charged Trump over the Stormy Daniels affair that happened like eight years ago if he was in the single digits in the GOP polls and Biden was 20 points ahead in a general? Not a fucking chance and about half of Americans can plainly see this a president misusing his office to pressure the DOJ to stop his rival from becoming president. You can't make this up. This is actually happening in 2023 in the Unites States.

caskur

Only Aussies will get this....lol

Welcome to Country
I would like to pay my respects to elders past and present.
To the Italian elders who built our roads, railways and telecommunications infrastructure.
To the Greek and Turkish elders for giving us the tasty kebab shops.
To the Jewish elders who gave us all the Westfield shopping centres and Meriton apartments.
To the Chinese elders who gave us all the $2 shops.
To the Irish elders that gave us all the great Irish pubs ...
To the Indian elders who gave us great Curries.
To the English elders who gave us Cricket.
To the Irish elders who gave us so much Humour .
To the Japanese elders who gave great Cars.
To the Elders from all over the World who have given so much to Australia .
Finally to Indigenous elders who have given us....um...

Oh yes the Smoking ceremony ?

:crampe: :crampe: :crampe: :crampe: :crampe: :crampe: no
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol