Where the hell did fifty years go?

Started by Oliver Clotheshoffe, March 31, 2023, 11:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oliver Clotheshoffe

Life is too short to be in a hurry

DKG

Quote from: "Oliver Clotheshoffe" post_id=496746 time=1680321040 user_id=3349
">

I have heard Pink Floyd. I did not like them. They had a different sound, I will give them that.

Frood

You had to be a Westerner in that Western age... it was colossal.... maybe like Radiohead/Cold Play/Travis/Muse in the later 90's and early 2000's... and Blur.... ironically....

Counter-culture requires one to know the other aspect... or it doesn't make as much or even any sense.
Blahhhhhh...

Herman

I always thought Pink Floyd was overrated.

Frood

I did too... but then I listened to it on bud....
Blahhhhhh...

Herman

Quote from: Frood post_id=496818 time=1680425034 user_id=1676

I needed acid or mushrooms. They aint Skynyrd. I could not listen to them straight.

Frood

Quote from: Herman post_id=496822 time=1680425727 user_id=3396
Quote from: Frood post_id=496818 time=1680425034 user_id=1676

I needed acid or mushrooms. They aint Skynyrd. I could not listen to them straight.

I'm in a confined skid steer cab mowing down thick vegetation 5-7 days per week.

If it wasn't for Muddy Waters, Buddy Guy, Etta James, BB King, as well as all the grooves well past Lynard Skynyrd and Floyd, I would lose my fucking mind.

I'm even dl'ng country rap or Western rap to keep me from spinning out.

Yeah, I've got the blues... I'm a mannish boy.
Blahhhhhh...

Melson Gibson

Quote from: Frood post_id=496825 time=1680427856 user_id=1676
Quote from: Herman post_id=496822 time=1680425727 user_id=3396

I'm in a confined skid steer cab mowing down thick vegetation 5-7 days per week.

If it wasn't for Muddy Waters, Buddy Guy, Etta James, BB King, as well as all the grooves well past Lynard Skynyrd and Floyd, I would lose my fucking mind.

I know the feeling, but that's why we do what we do, no?

In my dump truck, I smoke whenever, and wherever, I want.  People can eat my shit if I don't follow their rules.  I've yet to be sent home...

I laugh at shit like "safety goggles are required if you step out of your cab"...  I tell them to fuck off, and surprisingly I'm back there a week later hauling dirt!   :laugh:

I also show up hungover more often than not, but we all do!  Anyone that complains about that can fuck off also!

We all get along, when taking the dirt pill!   :roll:

Frood

Quote from: "Melson Gibson" post_id=496831 time=1680448222 user_id=3397
Quote from: Frood post_id=496825 time=1680427856 user_id=1676

I know the feeling, but that's why we do what we do, no?

In my dump truck, I smoke whenever, and wherever, I want.  People can eat my shit if I don't follow their rules.  I've yet to be sent home...

I laugh at shit like "safety goggles are required if you step out of your cab"...  I tell them to fuck off, and surprisingly I'm back there a week later hauling dirt!   :laugh:

I also show up hungover more often than not, but we all do!  Anyone that complains about that can fuck off also!

We all get along, when taking the dirt pill!   :roll:

I don't do safety gear or high vis... why the fuck would I? I don't see human beings for 10 hours a day. Even if they try to visit me, the pencil pushers get their stock pick ups bogged down to the chassis and they wouldn't have cell reception or my UHF channel.

They'd have to walk 5-35 k's and in the right direction to stumble upon me. They're not that bright or resourceful.
Blahhhhhh...

Melson Gibson

Nice!

There is nothing better than being able to complete a job without having anyone questioning your shit....

It's why I do what I do, and most likely why you do what you do also...

Frood

My boss leaves me alone. I tell him what I've done and ask him to check up occasionally if I want him to see something or make an executive decision, otherwise I put my hours in and he pays me.

He's a decent boss....
Blahhhhhh...

Odinson

DKG

Quote from: Frood post_id=496812 time=1680421807 user_id=1676
You had to be a Westerner in that Western age... it was colossal.... maybe like Radiohead/Cold Play/Travis/Muse in the later 90's and early 2000's... and Blur.... ironically....

Counter-culture requires one to know the other aspect... or it doesn't make as much or even any sense.

I am Westerner. I am about your age. I just cannot get into Pink Floyd.

Frood

Quote from: DKG post_id=496876 time=1680468145 user_id=3390
Quote from: Frood post_id=496812 time=1680421807 user_id=1676

You're younger I believe. I'm very close to 50.
Blahhhhhh...

DKG

Quote from: Frood post_id=496878 time=1680468537 user_id=1676
Quote from: DKG post_id=496876 time=1680468145 user_id=3390

You're younger I believe. I'm very close to 50.

I am forty nine this year.