News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

A

I'm avoiding my apartment for a little while.

Started by Anonymous, May 14, 2014, 08:29:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

I'm avoiding my apartment for a few hours so I don't have to check the messages on my answering machine.

You see, this morning I read today's edition of the Victoria News, and I see that they published the most recent letter I sent them.  Only it wasn't a very politically correct letter.  I stated that young white Canadians like me are having our jobs taken away from us by temporary foreign workers, usually Filipinos; I stated that I've been out of work for over a year and desperately seeking work; I said I think the government needs to force employers to hire young white Canadians who've been out of work for a while.

My family's probably not gonna be too happy when they see my letter in the paper, as I already wrote to Victoria News twice last year.  My family wants me to keep a low profile.  They probably gonna wanna confront me about the letter, but they can't confront me if I'm not checking my messages.

Here's what I'm up to today:

Noon - went to an Overeaters Anonymous meeting.

12:30 - went to an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting.

1pm - walked to my appointment with job developer.

1:30 - waited in lobby for appointment with job developer.

2pm - appointment with job developer.

2:30 - job search online at GT Hiring Solutions.

3pm - read the Times Colonist at the Greater Victoria Public Library.

4pm - hung out at the Bay Centre with a Starbucks ice water.

5pm - I'm at the internet cafe right now.

7pm - another Alcoholics Anonymous meeting.

8pm - another Alcoholics Anonymous meeting.

9pm-9:30 - bus ride home.  Then I'll face up to what I've done.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RDL"I'm avoiding my apartment for a few hours so I don't have to check the messages on my answering machine.

You see, this morning I read today's edition of the Victoria News, and I see that they published the most recent letter I sent them.  Only it wasn't a very politically correct letter.  I stated that young white Canadians like me are having our jobs taken away from us by temporary foreign workers, usually Filipinos; I stated that I've been out of work for over a year and desperately seeking work; I said I think the government needs to force employers to hire young white Canadians who've been out of work for a while.

My family's probably not gonna be too happy when they see my letter in the paper, as I already wrote to Victoria News twice last year.  My family wants me to keep a low profile.  They probably gonna wanna confront me about the letter, but they can't confront me if I'm not checking my messages.

I don't know what to say to you RDL..

I sincerely hope your life gets better soon.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "RDL"I'm avoiding my apartment for a few hours so I don't have to check the messages on my answering machine.

I got home and checked my message.  Zero.  What a relief.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RDL"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

I got home and checked my message.  Zero.  What a relief.

If no news is good news, then I am happy for you RDL.