Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:30:51 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

Is Jesus the son of God..or a prophet?

Started by Berry Sweet, April 08, 2023, 10:03:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lokmar

Quote from: Odinson post_id=497424 time=1681089747 user_id=136
Mary cheated on Joseph and made up an elaborate lie to explain the pregnancy.

Joseph was a feminist and believed all women.

Highly doubtful. Anyway, prophecy declared Jesus would be born to a virgin. Sure, I'm aware of all the science, but I'm also aware of all the DEBUNKED science in my 50 some years. Science is ALWAYS fucking changing to fit the narrative of the latest discovery. The Bible ALWAYS declared the big bang.

Anonymous

Quote from: Lokmar post_id=497431 time=1681099786 user_id=3351
Quote from: Odinson post_id=497424 time=1681089747 user_id=136
Mary cheated on Joseph and made up an elaborate lie to explain the pregnancy.

Joseph was a feminist and believed all women.

Highly doubtful.

Whereas tales of the holy ghost slipping you a bit of side action is beyond question.  ac_toofunny

QuoteAnyway, prophecy declared Jesus would be born to a virgin.

I seem to recall hearing the definition of "virgin" was not the same then as it is today (kind of like words like "vaccine" and "effective" have been redefined in recent times) and that the original meaning was lost in the translation. Certainly it gave the Vatican pause when the Dead Sea Scrolls were unearthed - those documents lifted the veil on the meaning of a good many definitions in the bible ("resurrection" was another one) and the scrolls were disappeared off into the vaults quick smart with only pre-approved scholars being allowed to inspect them henceforth.

Apparently the meaning of "virgin" was closer to "barren" than it was "person who's never had a fuck ever". And while that unearthed definition might adequately feed into the whole idea of her getting knocked up was a miracle only achievable by godly intervention, it is also perfectly possible that she was an incorrigible slut who put out because Joseph was shooting blanks.

We don't know. You don't know. You only have your faith and the imperfectly translated tales bequeathed you.

Lokmar

Quote from: Guest post_id=497443 time=1681132345

Highly doubtful.

Whereas tales of the holy ghost slipping you a bit of side action is beyond question.  ac_toofunny

I seem to recall hearing the definition of "virgin" was not the same then as it is today (kind of like words like "vaccine" and "effective" have been redefined in recent times) and that the original meaning was lost in the translation. Certainly it gave the Vatican pause when the Dead Sea Scrolls were unearthed - those documents lifted the veil on the meaning of a good many definitions in the bible ("resurrection" was another one) and the scrolls were disappeared off into the vaults quick smart with only pre-approved scholars being allowed to inspect them henceforth.

Apparently the meaning of "virgin" was closer to "barren" than it was "person who's never had a fuck ever". And while that unearthed definition might adequately feed into the whole idea of her getting knocked up was a miracle only achievable by godly intervention, it is also perfectly possible that she was an incorrigible slut who put out because Joseph was shooting blanks.

We don't know. You don't know. You only have your faith and the imperfectly translated tales bequeathed you.

Good job avoiding the FACT that the Bible proclaimed the big bang as the origin of the universe. Thats always been a toughie for gaytheists to deal with.

DKG

Highly doubtful.

Contemporary definition of virgin: JOE

Berry Sweet

Soo...Jesus was born a Jew but is actually a Muslim....and some think he was born Muslim.  Its about 50/50...its like they don't know...

...also...a debate that Jesus can NOT save the world....he was very adamant on that....then 5 min later starts talking about how Jesus is going to save the world.....lots of serious wtf's here....

Apparently almost like Christian belief...they believe Jesus is coming back as the messiah, the dead shall rise, blah blah, He will fight the beasts..HOWEVER...He will only rule for 40 years...

....and then what????!!!

This doesn't make any sense....people have been suffering for thousands of years, they've prayed and worshipped...they most likely want eternity of peace...not 40 years....im trying to understand Islam (and other religions for fun and educational purposes) but this 40 year thing sounds like a massive rip off....I'm  100% sure God is greater than that...and has much bigger plans than this 40 years thing....

Also....the Muslim women are very nice....I like listening to them talk....a few are not worth my time....but it's the men that are something else....

Shen Li

Jesus died long before Islam was created.

JOE

Quote from: "Berry Sweet" post_id=497359 time=1681005788 user_id=164
What you say?

These "arguments" online are insane!! Nothing but going around in circles. Muslims getting upset and Christianity is said to be from the devil...and apparently I'm going to hell...wtf is wrong with people!?

">

Anonymous

Quote from: Lokmar post_id=497451 time=1681140865 user_id=3351

Good job avoiding the FACT that the Bible proclaimed the big bang as the origin of the universe. Thats always been a toughie for gaytheists to deal with.

Fact you say? So why is it called the Big Bang THEORY?

Ohhh right, an absence of proof again, but I'm supposed to believe it as incontrovertible proof because some gullible dullard hitched his trailer to it... yeah, we all know how this argument goes.  :pop:

Lokmar

Quote from: Guest post_id=497734 time=1681529961
Quote from: Lokmar post_id=497451 time=1681140865 user_id=3351

Fact you say? So why is it called the Big Bang THEORY?

Ohhh right, an absence of proof again, but I'm supposed to believe it as incontrovertible proof because some gullible dullard hitched his trailer to it... yeah, we all know how this argument goes.  :pop:

Look, when I was a child, my dad told me he was taught that the universe had no beginning. Why? Because thats what science of the day pushed through public screwel. I'm sure you people dismiss this as coincidental.

Now, science teaches the universe had a beginning in a manner that lines right up with the account of Genesis.

The above is yet more proof that SCIENCE constantly changes BECAUSE it is wrong while the Biblical accounts remain constant and have never been proven incorrect by science. There are a multitude of Biblical accounts that science has dismissed that science latter had to align with.

Colonel Crackskulls

"If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you."