Replies: 8385
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 06:46:41 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Been watching bits and pieces of Alone; Australia Edition

Started by Frood, April 09, 2023, 07:03:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frood

First three episodes and all the tough people tapped out in 3 days.

:laugh3:  :laugh3:  :laugh3:

It's fucking Tasmania! Not the desert.

One guy is attempting to build a kayak with a tarp which will take numerous days and calories when he could have had a ring floating in under 1-2 hours to fish from.

There's no way these people get selected because they're sane. One woman nearly shaved her ferro rod off trying to start wet material. Another guy found a source of grubs for fishing but never thought to eat them. They both quickly tapped out.

Most of these people profess to be environmentally aware or trained in survival.

Bull fucking shit. Fucking amateurs. They've been plonked into one of the most resource rich areas in all Australia and they're acting like stupid little bitches.
Blahhhhhh...

deadskinmask

i'm pretty sure thats the point of the show.... if ppl completed the challenge successfully and gracefully, there wouldn't be much to watch or talk about.... by paying ppl to royally fuck up, they increase their audience base and get more popularity.... and the contestant pool fills up with folks who "could easily do better".... its just manipulation.... besides ppl like watching ppl who aren't as smart as they are.... if a show consistently makes you feel dumb, most ppl lose interest.... its a vanity thing....

DKG

Quote from: Frood post_id=497387 time=1681038185 user_id=1676

One guy is attempting to build a kayak with a tarp which will take numerous days and calories when he could have had a ring floating in under 1-2 hours to fish from.

There's no way these people get selected because they're sane. One woman nearly shaved her ferro rod off trying to start wet material. Another guy found a source of grubs for fishing but never thought to eat them. They both quickly tapped out.

Most of these people profess to be environmentally aware or trained in survival.

Bull fucking shit. Fucking amateurs. They've been plonked into one of the most resource rich areas in all Australia and they're acting like stupid little bitches.

I would think survival in the desert would be more challenging than than woods of Tasmania.

Shen Li

I stopped watching reality shows. Mom still watches them.

Odinson

Odi and Fashie... Naked and afraid.

First episode: The hard one-eyed trouser snake.

Anonymous

Quote from: deadskinmask post_id=497388 time=1681044595 user_id=1582
i'm pretty sure thats the point of the show.... if ppl completed the challenge successfully and gracefully, there wouldn't be much to watch or talk about.... by paying ppl to royally fuck up, they increase their audience base and get more popularity.... and the contestant pool fills up with folks who "could easily do better".... its just manipulation.... besides ppl like watching ppl who aren't as smart as they are.... if a show consistently makes you feel dumb, most ppl lose interest.... its a vanity thing....

That's one way of looking at it... still more people will look at it, wondering if it's possible to "live off the land" and go "oh... these were the best that the Mighty Media Machine could come up with... what hope have I got..." and give up for a nice cosy cage in the city.

I think I might be cynical. Anyone else think I might be cynical?

Frood

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=497398 time=1681059904 user_id=3389

I hate them... especially the so called survival shows. People take pseudo survival courses and play in their suburban backyards during video qualifier recording.

The hard reality is that you can never be too prepared and shit goes pear shaped despite your best laid plans.

And then sometimes, you're just gonna die no matter what you've done to prepare or can do in a moment.... but shit show reality TV has "extractions", and robes/continental buffets/neverending hot water/Ciprofloxacin....
Blahhhhhh...

deadskinmask

Quote from: Guest post_id=497509 time=1681284745

That's one way of looking at it... still more people will look at it, wondering if it's possible to "live off the land" and go "oh... these were the best that the Mighty Media Machine could come up with... what hope have I got..." and give up for a nice cosy cage in the city.

as a red pill vendor, i have to say thats a brilliant point....  :laugh:

DKG

Quote from: Frood post_id=497516 time=1681294178 user_id=1676
Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=497398 time=1681059904 user_id=3389

I hate them... especially the so called survival shows. People take pseudo survival courses and play in their suburban backyards during video qualifier recording.

The hard reality is that you can never be too prepared and shit goes pear shaped despite your best laid plans.

And then sometimes, you're just gonna die no matter what you've done to prepare or can do in a moment.... but shit show reality TV has "extractions", and robes/continental buffets/neverending hot water/Ciprofloxacin....

I like Les Stroud/Survivorman.

Herman

Quote from: DKG post_id=497525 time=1681322874 user_id=3390
Quote from: Frood post_id=497516 time=1681294178 user_id=1676

I like Les Stroud/Survivorman.

He kind of disappeared. I guess he is getting too old for survival in the cold.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: Odinson post_id=497489 time=1681243317 user_id=136

Skipper and Gollum....naked and skidded out

First episode:  Penetrating the ring of cornholio

caskur

I wouldnt eat the worms either,... that is really dangerous because you could be swallowing parastic worms (nematodes) that will kill you.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

You say that as if a cage is a bad thing.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: caskur post_id=497686 time=1681476438 user_id=2156

You say that as if a cage is a bad thing.

That depends on how you define your freedom, granted. For myself, I don't value the "you are free to do as we tell you" crowd... and I suspect you would have a few things to say about it too.

Particularly if it were someone like me who was doing the telling.  ac_biggrin

formosan

Quote from: Odinson post_id=497489 time=1681243317 user_id=136

Oh Odi, you're so comical......I missed you.
too old to be a fashionista