Last post: Today at 02:46:34 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Starting to feel like Treebeard

Started by Blazor, May 04, 2023, 03:13:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herman

Quote from: "Melson Gibson" post_id=500162 time=1683616534 user_id=3397
Quote from: Herman post_id=500148 time=1683613421 user_id=3396
I am in my mid fifties. I am so glad I am not single. I had a lot of fun while single and even when I was married the first time. But, I do not miss the games.

A lot of it depends on personality also.  For instance, I'd have no issues with being locked up in solitary confinement in jail, while others would literally go insane.  Same with people...  Some cannot manage the struggle of being single for even a week, while others are fine alone for years.

It was (mostly) nice when I had the ex around though...  Life did have a little more 'purpose', if you will, when doing things with someone instead of doing everything alone.

My reno guy envies my lifestyle, as he is married with two small children.  That gets hectic for him at times.  But I have to remind him that it can get awfully lonely being alone all the time, and to be careful what he wishes for...  The grass isn't always greener.

I was never very faithful. Even when I first hooked up with my current old lady, I was fucking around on her. I am older now and I haven't screwed around on her in years. Friends said I should have stayed single, but I eventually made it work. You have to find the right gal though.

Melson Gibson

Quote from: Herman post_id=500164 time=1683616775 user_id=3396
I was never very faithful. Even when I first hooked up with my current old lady, I was fucking around on her. I am older now and I haven't screwed around on her in years. Friends said I should have stayed single, but I eventually made it work. You have to find the right gal though.

That would be a deal-breaker for me.  If I caught any of my significant others fucking around, they'd be booted out the door so fucking fast that their head would spin.

You have a very patient wife.

But, as we all age, we all mellow.  Like my 65 year old plumber that I hired told me, "At this age, some things just don't work as well as they used to!"

Herman

Quote from: "Melson Gibson" post_id=500165 time=1683617437 user_id=3397
Quote from: Herman post_id=500164 time=1683616775 user_id=3396

That would be a deal-breaker for me.  If I caught any of my significant others fucking around, they'd be booted out the door so fucking fast that their head would spin.

You have a very patient wife.

But, as we all age, we all mellow.  Like my 65 year old plumber that I hired told me, "At this age, some things just don't work as well as they used to!"

What the old lady doesn't know will not hurt me right.

Frood

Quote from: "Berry Sweet" post_id=500144 time=1683604790 user_id=164
Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=499741 time=1683230014 user_id=2845
Lol @ fat ugly bitches. They're everywhere

Lot of fat ugly men out there too.

Mel complains about single mama's abd their "baggage"... he seems to have forgotten that these women did not make these babies on their own...a male was involved.. and those males either don't hace custody of their children or don't participate in their lives...some of them have multiple baby mama's...I don't want any involvement with a dude who already has multiple children he doesn't help take care of has child custody battles.

You'd be surprised howany guys out there who are my age.. they have little kids, like 2,3,4 years old...fuck that shit...im not interested in being with anyone...but IF someone did come along...his kids need to be late teens (like mine) or adults already.  I love kids, but im too old to be hanging around 2 year olds...im done with that...its my time now...I want to enjoy it without having to listen to a screaming toddler.

All the guys who don't have kids are ugly as sin.

I was 37 when my daughter was born and her mum was 44. I was like "Noooooooooo.... I'm still young! I still have dreams that are attainable at this point!" but the look on my wife's face quickly shut that down. We only had one 16 years earlier and wifey wasn't taking no for an answer this time... but

You're never too old for a pint sized new soul in your life.

It ain't a speed bump but a blessing.... whether it's biologically yours or not.

When or if you ever get out of the Me-Me-Me phase in your life, you'll regret not having more kids or meeting a nice guy with already born ones.

I rose above my ambitions and impending sense of non-fun incoming to realize that our daughter was the greatest thing we've ever shared and continue to share.

Bright as a bulb, wicked sense of humour, loving to those who deserve it, gorgeous but doesn't know it and won't stand to know it....

And she's fun to boot!

She was trying to eat raw oysters with me when she was 3. Last birthday we got her what she really wanted..... a semi-professional dirt track RC car which she used to chase her new kitten around the yard. And the 1 or 2 metre canvas bills are sizeable but what she conjures up on them is mind blowing.

But if she wasn't biologically mine, I'd be all in anyway....

So pull your thumb out of your arse and meet any nice guy with kids who doesn't treat people like shit.

My grandpa wasn't my biological grandfather. He married my grandmother in 1946. Family is family.
Blahhhhhh...

Melson Gibson

Quote from: Herman post_id=500167 time=1683617614 user_id=3396

Well, you still have to live with yourself though.  I'm an 'accountable' type person, where I will own every mistake that I make, even if it hurts me.  Others try to Shyster their way through life.

Who do you wanna be?

Blazor

Quote from: "Melson Gibson" post_id=500136 time=1683589444 user_id=3397
Quote from: Blazor post_id=499733 time=1683227636 user_id=2221
Plus every time I get interested in one, turns out they taken!

At our age, all the good ones ARE taken!  We're often left with the dregs...

I've come to accept this, as I do not desire to be a step-father to three surly teenagers from three different daddies, that are not mine.

It can be a cold, lonely world living all alone.  But, I have found peace within myself.

I have accepted the fact that this is just how life is.

Seems so! lol

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.ebaumsworld.com%2FmediaFiles%2Fpicture%2F604025%2F86229784.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=879e32f2d1672ac7923d795265460ac393e1bd0af2a13c0c4080d63eafcf66d3&ipo=images">
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Blazor

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=499741 time=1683230014 user_id=2845
Lol @ fat ugly bitches. They're everywhere

Mel complains about single mama's abd their "baggage"... he seems to have forgotten that these women did not make these babies on their own...a male was involved.. and those males either don't hace custody of their children or don't participate in their lives...some of them have multiple baby mama's...I don't want any involvement with a dude who already has multiple children he doesn't help take care of has child custody battles.

You'd be surprised howany guys out there who are my age.. they have little kids, like 2,3,4 years old...fuck that shit...im not interested in being with anyone...but IF someone did come along...his kids need to be late teens (like mine) or adults already.  I love kids, but im too old to be hanging around 2 year olds...im done with that...its my time now...I want to enjoy it without having to listen to a screaming toddler.

Hello Berry!

Im handsome/cute, and my son is 24 and moved out lol.

Blazor

Was funny, I was talking to my friend's wife over the weekend, she was asking me questions. She was surprised I had a son lol. Then she asked his age, I made her guess, and I kept thumbing up like "go higher" lol. She was SHOOK when I said he was 24 lol, her jaw dropped. So of course she had to know my age lol. She couldnt believe I was 46 lol.

Shen Li

Quote from: Blazor post_id=500200 time=1683654612 user_id=2221

Hello Berry!

Im handsome/cute, and my son is 24 and moved out lol.

ac_toofunny

Odinson

My cousin is about the same age as Blazor...

His wifey is in her 20´s.

Herman

Quote from: "Melson Gibson" post_id=500175 time=1683618635 user_id=3397
Quote from: Herman post_id=500167 time=1683617614 user_id=3396

Well, you still have to live with yourself though.  I'm an 'accountable' type person, where I will own every mistake that I make, even if it hurts me.  Others try to Shyster their way through life.

Who do you wanna be?

I don't do that anymore. I had my fun.

Herman

Quote from: Odinson post_id=500210 time=1683656492 user_id=136

My old lady is eleven and a half years younger than me. That aint no biggie.

Herman

Here is one for ya Blazor. Aint she a dime piece.

">

Blazor

:thumbup:

I was dancin' with a hippy chick last night. She loved my energy. Thought I was 28  :laugh:

She a fiddler that has come to my jam a few times. She asked me if I wanted to go check out a band with her after the jam, and so away I went lol.

Blazor

Quote from: Herman post_id=500234 time=1683680062 user_id=3396

My old lady is eleven and a half years younger than me. That aint no biggie.

My last gal was 15 years younger than me lol.