News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 8416
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 02:46:34 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

So I bought some new electric clippers today.

Started by Frood, May 23, 2023, 07:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frood

My old one that was bought in 2007 packed up last week mid head buzz and having no time to get to a shop, I've been religiously wearing baseball caps to cover up the untreated tufts.

Last unit was Remington and corded... lovely dependable thing, and the motor was still going but the blades were stuffed.

It was more epilation than cutting.

Went back to the same retailer and got the modern equivalent.

It's all fucking plastic!

I doubt it will last beyond 1-2 years and it will be the motor this time that goes. Light as a feather, virtually no metal parts in it.....

Fuck 2023!

Everything is crap these days, and many things were already crap in the 2000's.

I'm about done buying anything anymore besides basic food staples, fuel, et cetera.

My work ute got new bushings on the suspension, a slave cylinder for the clutch, and a bottle of fluid last week.

The price was 630 bucks AUD (about 420 USD) for 16 rubber plugs, a small casting the size of a baby's hand, and a tiny bottle of brake/clutch fluid.

And we did all the work ourselves. That was just from an automotive retailer. It would have been 500 bucks more if we punted it to a mechanic.

Yeah, I'm done....
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Berry Sweet

I use to have a 1970s Lady Remington.  It gave out a few years ago.  Nothing is the same.  They are cheaply made and not worth the cost.