Replies: 7846
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 12:42:17 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Brent

California reparations task force committee recommendations

Started by DKG, May 10, 2023, 09:06:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DKG

The task force recommended a range of policy proposals, including the creation of an agency to handle compensation claims and possible "down payment" to those eligible as well as how to calculate the amount California owes its Black residents.

Among the recommendations were possible estimates of reparations owed by the state, including:

An estimated $13,619 for each year of residency, based on a 71-year life expectancy, for harm caused by health care disparities.

An estimated $115, 260 or $2,352 for each year of residency in the state within the 49-year period between 1971 and 2020 to compensate for mass incarceration and overpolicing of Black communities.

An estimated $148,099 – or $3,366 for each year between 1933 and 1977 spent as a California resident – to account for discriminatory housing policies.

DKG

How much would reparations cost?

Some economists have estimated that the state could owe roughly $800 billion in reparations.

That estimate, however, doesn't include the recommended $1 million per older Black resident for disparities in health care responsible for shortening their average life span or the amount to compensate residents whose property was unfairly taken by the government or devalued.

But the number does account for the $246 billion to compensate eligible residents subjected to mass incarceration and overpolicing from 1970 to 2020 and the $565 billion for redlining – a discriminatory practice – in housing loans.

Erica Mena

<t></t>

DKG

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=500264 time=1683724275 user_id=2845
Won't pass. Just like the student loan forgiveness.

I agree. Nothing will come out of this. This is Newsome buying votes. Sorry, issuing IOU's that will never be paid.

Erica Mena

Nah, Newsom just said he's against it. This is all Biden
<t></t>

Shen Li

California has a lot of East Asians, SE Asians, South Asians and West Asians. They must be getting pissed-off. They would be paying for this latest white libtardation.

Herman

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=500267 time=1683727358 user_id=2845

But, he authorozed the task force. I just saw it on the news.

DKG

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=500267 time=1683727358 user_id=2845

I read more about it. Newsom says he wants it, but he knows the state cannot afford it.

Lokmar

This is all about getting whitey outraged about 1.2 bajillion for jigs so when they give them a few hundred thou, they wont buck as hard. The jigs will spend it all on Henny, blunts, and malt liquor and then riot for more, thereby restarting the entire process.

Lokmar

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=500288 time=1683750500 user_id=3389
California has a lot of East Asians, SE Asians, South Asians and West Asians. They must be getting pissed-off. They would be paying for this latest white libtardation.

Yep, cause they're gonna be main group in cali that has any money left.

Maybe we'll all get lucky and the chanks nuke cali.

DKG

Quote from: Lokmar post_id=500340 time=1683807878 user_id=3351
This is all about getting whitey outraged about 1.2 bajillion for jigs so when they give them a few hundred thou, they wont buck as hard. The jigs will spend it all on Henny, blunts, and malt liquor and then riot for more, thereby restarting the entire process.

California cannot afford this. But, that hasn't stopped the state from implementing policies they know Californians cannot afford.

Lokmar

Quote from: DKG post_id=500343 time=1683808123 user_id=3390
Quote from: Lokmar post_id=500340 time=1683807878 user_id=3351

California cannot afford this. But, that hasn't stopped the state from implementing policies they know Californians cannot afford.

Exactly!

However, the value of a dollar has been debased to $0.003 of what they were worth 100 years ago and these fucks realize we are pretty much zimbabwe anyway so eventually, full steam ahead.

Mark my words, the jigs WILL get their payout.

DKG

Quote from: Lokmar post_id=500345 time=1683808530 user_id=3351
Quote from: DKG post_id=500343 time=1683808123 user_id=3390

Exactly!

However, the value of a dollar has been debased to $0.003 of what they were worth 100 years ago and these fucks realize we are pretty much zimbabwe anyway so eventually, full steam ahead.

Just two years ago, I would have said reparations is not possible. California does not care how destructive their state policies are.

Lokmar

Quote from: DKG post_id=500347 time=1683809351 user_id=3390
Quote from: Lokmar post_id=500345 time=1683808530 user_id=3351

Exactly!

Just two years ago, I would have said reparations is not possible. California does not care how destructive their state policies are.

It was maybe 10 or 15 years ago when I thought to myself, "eventually, these white guilt assholes and their pet jigs will eventually get this through".

America is on borrowed time. Thats why I have been buying guns and ammo for my children. They're gonna need em.

Shen Li

Quote from: Lokmar post_id=500342 time=1683808064 user_id=3351
Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=500288 time=1683750500 user_id=3389

Yep, cause they're gonna be main group in cali that has any money left.

Maybe we'll all get lucky and the chanks nuke cali.

They'll eventually leave too.