The best topic

Replies: 8486
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 04, 2024, 11:20:11 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

ANNOUNCEMENT

Started by Erica Mena, May 12, 2023, 07:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Herman

Quote from: Aylana post_id=500523 time=1683989863 user_id=3385
You have to agree with Erica...nothing but empty promises of new members at BF, lame gimmicks like the little flame gangs they set up, endless spam from not two 75 plus year old farts but now three with the arrival of Doc Holidumb at BF...who enjoys slogging through that garbage day after day.

I do not get why normal adults would post there. I know I sure as hell won't be.

Herman

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=500522 time=1683989184 user_id=2845
Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=500515 time=1683984689 user_id=3389

No offense Flea, but I didn't expect you to keep it long. I'm going by your track record of quickly getting bored with your own forumz,  but I thought you'd keep this place longer than 7 months.

Oh well, it's almost summer. Next year I'm moving to Singapore. Other than an occasional guest appearance on VF, I too will be joining the growing ranks of retired forum posters.

I'm leaving ALL forums, not just this one.

I understand everyone's feelings, however...

A. It's more of a "I'm trying to better myself and posting on these types of forums brings out the worst in me" type thing. It's time for me to grow up and spend my spare time engaging in more productive activities.

B. there is no sense in paying 500.00 a year for a forum that isn't very busy. I'm not rich and it's honestly a waste of money. I can't move it to a low priced host as the current host makes it way too complicated for anyone to bother.

Kid, you did a bang up job taking over this place. You have nothing to explain to us. We get it. And we all know none of these forums are going to be around in five years.

You took over a different type of forum. We aint flamers. It was a crowd you aint used to. You learned to live with us.

Great job kid. I wish you and your family the very best. I will miss ya.

Aylana

Well Erica should make a FB page...Caskur has had a FB page for a long time, it is a good platform for sharing photos and keeping in contact with people.

Herman

Quote from: Aylana post_id=500578 time=1684027612 user_id=3385
Well Erica should make a FB page...Caskur has had a FB page for a long time, it is a good platform for sharing photos and keeping in contact with people.

Is the deadbeat dad/Flynn steal pretending to be me at Butthurt Fagtory?

Frood

Quote from: /. post_id=500539 time=1683999622
Quote from: /. post_id=500529 time=1683993337

You're a grownass adult after all, you earned your right to decide what was right for yourself long ago. We all did. That includes the breadth of maturity to stand back from that which offends us.

Addendum...

You probably already knew Freud is my second longest standing friend. We don't see eye to eye on absolutely everything either, both of us have made choices the other has thought ill-advised. We'll communicate our concerns to each other as good friends should, but at the end of the day we afford each other the right to our choices, whether they prove to be made in error or not.

The same holds true for my longest standing friend, someone I've known since my early days as an audio engineer and they, the front man for a five piece metal band formed at a school with a sordid reputation for sexually abusing its students. I don't know if he was personally the subject of that abuse, I never asked him and he never volunteered the information. We were too busy getting shitfaced in between gigs to bother, doing all manner of crazy shit. Like chasing each other about the neighbourhood with shopping trolleys, girl friends giggling like mad from the baskets. Crazy, fun times.

I do have my suspicions though. You see, we fell out of touch for a while, during which time he transitioned, something I'd never have expected from the guy I knew back then, though can now infer based on what I've since learned. I renewed acquaintance a few years via his (now her) online presence and we've kept in touch since. My longest standing friend's star has shone quite brightly, though it's cost her - she is dying. I looked into the blood disorder she informed me she now suffers from and it's been reported as one that is not unknown to people who undergo hormone replacement therapy. I am left to draw the conclusion that in all likelihood it was because of the choices she made that she finds herself where she is now. I won't ever know for sure and really... I don't think it matters. Whatever disadvantages it brought, the transition had some benefits for him/her, both personal and professional. My friend is otherwise doing quite well for themselves and continues to contribute positively to the community by being a decent and productive soul. Meaning (among other things) that they aren't out to force others into making the same mistakes as they did.

I respect that. If nothing else, it reinforced a tendency in myself to judge a person on their merits and deeds, rather than an aggregate of whatever group they might have been judged to be a part of. It proved (to me at least) that while there were some truly rotten apples in every barrel, I couldn't expect that every last apple was rotten to the core, that some were indeed decent and worth persevering with, even in the face of vehement and near constant vilification of their detractors.

Understanding all that taught me something else as well. Okay, so I never entertained the idea of transitioning myself, but there were definitely other decisions I made for myself over the years that might have been made better had I gone in a different direction. However, every door I closed brought me one door closer to the ones that led me here. "Here" is not such a bad place; it's mine and I find I can take a pride in it because I've earned it.

It's why piddling things like Flametown never stood a chance of breaking me. Make of that what you will, but hopefully it's something of personal benefit to yourself going forward.

R.

We often do dumb or silly slightly differently but we tend to agree more so than not on many things. It doesn't matter if we have a board to taunt or try to wind each other up on.... we'll just do it elsewhere.

It would be a shame to lose contact with some of these people here though.

It's been a decent group even if some don't realise I'm often grinning ear to ear when I hit submit.  :43(2):
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: Frood post_id=500586 time=1684030909 user_id=1676

Addendum...

You probably already knew Freud is my second longest standing friend. We don't see eye to eye on absolutely everything either, both of us have made choices the other has thought ill-advised. We'll communicate our concerns to each other as good friends should, but at the end of the day we afford each other the right to our choices, whether they prove to be made in error or not.

The same holds true for my longest standing friend, someone I've known since my early days as an audio engineer and they, the front man for a five piece metal band formed at a school with a sordid reputation for sexually abusing its students. I don't know if he was personally the subject of that abuse, I never asked him and he never volunteered the information. We were too busy getting shitfaced in between gigs to bother, doing all manner of crazy shit. Like chasing each other about the neighbourhood with shopping trolleys, girl friends giggling like mad from the baskets. Crazy, fun times.

I do have my suspicions though. You see, we fell out of touch for a while, during which time he transitioned, something I'd never have expected from the guy I knew back then, though can now infer based on what I've since learned. I renewed acquaintance a few years via his (now her) online presence and we've kept in touch since. My longest standing friend's star has shone quite brightly, though it's cost her - she is dying. I looked into the blood disorder she informed me she now suffers from and it's been reported as one that is not unknown to people who undergo hormone replacement therapy. I am left to draw the conclusion that in all likelihood it was because of the choices she made that she finds herself where she is now. I won't ever know for sure and really... I don't think it matters. Whatever disadvantages it brought, the transition had some benefits for him/her, both personal and professional. My friend is otherwise doing quite well for themselves and continues to contribute positively to the community by being a decent and productive soul. Meaning (among other things) that they aren't out to force others into making the same mistakes as they did.

I respect that. If nothing else, it reinforced a tendency in myself to judge a person on their merits and deeds, rather than an aggregate of whatever group they might have been judged to be a part of. It proved (to me at least) that while there were some truly rotten apples in every barrel, I couldn't expect that every last apple was rotten to the core, that some were indeed decent and worth persevering with, even in the face of vehement and near constant vilification of their detractors.

Understanding all that taught me something else as well. Okay, so I never entertained the idea of transitioning myself, but there were definitely other decisions I made for myself over the years that might have been made better had I gone in a different direction. However, every door I closed brought me one door closer to the ones that led me here. "Here" is not such a bad place; it's mine and I find I can take a pride in it because I've earned it.

It's why piddling things like Flametown never stood a chance of breaking me. Make of that what you will, but hopefully it's something of personal benefit to yourself going forward.

R.

We often do dumb or silly slightly differently but we tend to agree more so than not on many things. It doesn't matter if we have a board to taunt or try to wind each other up on.... we'll just do it elsewhere.

It's been a decent group even if some don't realise I'm often grinning ear to ear when I hit submit.  :43(2):

Pretty much. And it's not as though it's a definite forever close on association; I mean how long were Cassandra Curse and I out of contact before she and I ran into each other at BH and renewed old acquaintance with that somewhat confrontational photoshop that got half the board up in total uproar?

There's always the outside chance I'll bump into some of you here and there. Technical tip though; if Martini is telling you it's me, then it's probably not.  :laugh3:

Aylana

Quote from: Herman post_id=500580 time=1684027858 user_id=3396
Quote from: Aylana post_id=500578 time=1684027612 user_id=3385

Fake Herman is logged in at BF almost every day...talking about barrel wash, it's really a bad, simplistic imitation.

Herman

Quote from: Aylana post_id=500597 time=1684033943 user_id=3385
Quote from: Herman post_id=500580 time=1684027858 user_id=3396

Fake Herman is logged in at BF almost every day...talking about barrel wash, it's really a bad, simplistic imitation.

Tell the deadbeat dad/Flynn that real Herman says fake Herman is frickin lame.

Erica Mena

Addendum...

R.

You have my number and are in my Discord. I'll be on that to keep in touch. Forever friends xoxo
<t></t>

Frood

Quote from: /. post_id=500591 time=1684032939

Pretty much. And it's not as though it's a definite forever close on association; I mean how long were Cassandra Curse and I out of contact before she and I ran into each other at BH and renewed old acquaintance with that somewhat confrontational photoshop that got half the board up in total uproar?

There's always the outside chance I'll bump into some of you here and there. Technical tip though; if Martini is telling you it's me, then it's probably not.  :laugh3:

I'd be thrilled to meet somebody years from now saying things like "barrel wash" on a board.... but that is what often happens.

I've seen it happen time and time again. These people can check out, but they'll never leave...  ac_biggrin
Blahhhhhh...

Frood

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=500609 time=1684036745 user_id=2845

You have my number and are in my Discord. I'll be on that to keep in touch. Forever friends xoxo

Remind me to give you my number and core email account.
Blahhhhhh...

Aylana

Since the place is closing I gotta post some full body selfies like Erica did...if Seacreeper reposts them I will have my DMCA agent nuke his photobucket account.

https://i.ibb.co/2S5Crvz/a1.jpg">

I could not hold up the ipad high enough to get my sneakers so I took another photo the next day...don't mind the cat.

https://i.ibb.co/N20yfQ4/sneakers.jpg">

Stephanie Soo: Rotten Mango T shirt...RAVE T shirt, it's from a video game ...Lee jeans...Poppy limited edition shoes.

Frood

You're quite pretty...

...just a shame about your snark.
Blahhhhhh...

Erica Mena

<t></t>

Anonymous

pros cons on lipstick alley...

who is all there from all these interconnected forums? hmmm answers NOW