Total votes: : 3

Last post: June 30, 2024, 10:21:37 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

This woke shit

Started by Erica Mena, May 17, 2023, 11:07:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Odinson

Lockheed Martin...

The skunk works engineers have cooked up something brilliant again.

These people are idiots.

Herman

Quote from: OdinsonLockheed Martin...

These people are idiots.

Defense contractors are scum.

Lokmar

God, the One and Only God, is a bigot towards ALL KWEERZ!!!! KILL THEM ALL!

Herman

The mayor of Reading, Pennsylvania, said freedom of speech doesn't apply in the case of a man who was arrested in the city earlier this month after trying to quote the Bible to Pride-rally attendees.

Mayor Eddie Moran last Thursday issued the following statement to WFMZ-TV:

First and foremost, I consider myself lucky to have been able to participate in the Reading Pride March and Rally. It truly was a wonderful event, and I look forward to continuing to celebrate the LGBTQ+ community throughout the month of June. With regard to the incident, the City respects the First Amendment rights of all individuals. However, freedom of speech does not include the right to disrupt an organized event and interfere with the rights of others.

What's the background?

Damon Atkins was arrested across the street from the Pride rally, which was held June 3 just outside Reading City Hall. Reading is about 90 minutes northwest of Philadelphia. The arrest was caught on video.

"This is public property," Atkins told the officer — identified by the Lancaster Patriot as Sgt. Bradley McClure — who agreed it is public property but still insisted that Atkins "let them have their event" and "respect it."

Interestingly, the mayor issued his statement that free speech doesn't apply in Atkins' case two days after the Berks County District Attorney's Office dropped the disorderly conduct charges against Atkins.

"After a review of the incident which took place on June 3, 2023, in the 800 block of Washington Street in the City of Reading, the District Attorney's Office has withdrawn the charges of disorderly conduct filed against Damon Atkins," a Tuesday Facebook post from the Berks County District Attorney reads. "The charges were withdrawn after the District Attorney's Office reviewed the videos of the incident along with applicable case law."

Herman

In a speech at a Pride flag-raising ceremony on Parliament Hill Thursday, Justine said that hatred of LGBTQ people is on the rise in Canada. What a wanker.

Herman

This shit is getting goofy. In the light of pride month, Human Rights Campaign (America's largest LGBTQ+ civil rights organization) declared a national state of emergency for members of the community for the first time in its four-decade history.

DKG

Quote from: HermanThis shit is getting goofy. In the light of pride month, Human Rights Campaign (America's largest LGBTQ+ civil rights organization) declared a national state of emergency for members of the community for the first time in its four-decade history.
Everything is an emergency that requires oppressive measures.

Lokmar

These people are idiots.

I worked for a defense contractor years ago. We built all kinds of shit for killing people. WTF  is the point in them celebrating degeneracy?

DKG

Quote from: Lokmar

These people are idiots.

I worked for a defense contractor years ago. We built all kinds of shit for killing people. WTF  is the point in them celebrating degeneracy?
Defence contractors worrying about their ESG. :laugh3:

DKG

CNN tried on Wednesday to minimize the connection between Bud Light's partnership with transgender activist Dylan Mulvaney and its downfall as America's No. 1 beer.

Bud Light's downfall — which includes cratering sales and a shrinking market cap — only began after its partnership with Mulvaney went public. But that did not stop CNN from blaming Modelo's rise on "changing tastes" and Cinco de Mayo.

Herman

A Huntington Beach, California, city council member and some parents took time during a local school board meeting earlier this week to blast a Pride video recently shown to students.

A clip that's been circulating on social media shows students purportedly in an Edison High School math class watching the Pride video and reacting with jeers and boos.

Adolf Oliver Bush

Quote from: DKGCNN tried on Wednesday to minimize the connection between Bud Light's partnership with transgender activist Dylan Mulvaney and its downfall as America's No. 1 beer.

Bud Light's downfall — which includes cratering sales and a shrinking market cap — only began after its partnership with Mulvaney went public. But that did not stop CNN from blaming Modelo's rise on "changing tastes" and Cinco de Mayo.
Changing tastes, eh? Are CNN trying to tell us there was any point in history when the majority of Anheuser Busch patrons enjoyed having soyent flavoured troon cock rammed down their throats?
Her fucking fupa looked like a pair of ass cheeks... like someone naked ran into her head first and got stuck. She was like "come eat me out" and I was like "nah I think I'll go snort some anthrax and light myself on fire instead"

- Biggie Smiles

DKG

Quote from: Adolf Oliver Bush
Quote from: DKGCNN tried on Wednesday to minimize the connection between Bud Light's partnership with transgender activist Dylan Mulvaney and its downfall as America's No. 1 beer.

Changing tastes, eh? Are CNN trying to tell us there was any point in history when the majority of Anheuser Busch patrons enjoyed having soyent flavoured troon cock rammed down their throats?
They think it had nothing to do with Bud Light's decline.

Adolf Oliver Bush

Quote from: DKG
Quote from: Adolf Oliver BushChanging tastes, eh? Are CNN trying to tell us there was any point in history when the majority of Anheuser Busch patrons enjoyed having soyent flavoured troon cock rammed down their throats?
They think it had nothing to do with Bud Light's decline.
That's what they want everyone to believe. They knew damned well they were fucking with their core consumer base under the bus, they were expecting it to roll over and take it up the ass with the usual moaning and grumbling.

Then they found out the truth. Not even Don Jr could save their shitty brand and their sought after market similarly told them to fuck off when they wobbled, Fuck em and their precious ESG score, I'll never buy another drop from their asses as long as I live.

Let this be a lesson to all; boycotts work when people commit to them. You want to confuse children and criminalize parents, you do so at your cost. Larry Fink's bank isn't going to fund your fat ass forever so why should I?
Her fucking fupa looked like a pair of ass cheeks... like someone naked ran into her head first and got stuck. She was like "come eat me out" and I was like "nah I think I'll go snort some anthrax and light myself on fire instead"

- Biggie Smiles

Herman

A gay guy offers some perspective on the forced to participate in the alphabet mafia agenda.

Rather than bullying people to celebrate Pride, let's recommit to Canadian values: Josh Dehaas for Inside Policy

https://macdonaldlaurier.ca/rather-than-bullying-people-to-celebrate-pride-lets-recommit-to-canadian-values-josh-dehaas-for-inside-policy/

In a well-functioning liberal democracy, progress occurs through peaceful dialogue and respect for fundamental freedoms like expression, conscience, and religion

I'm pleased that in 2023 LGBT people can be themselves in public, and that there is zero tolerance for bullying in schools and workplaces. That said, I'm starting to worry that some LGBT people are becoming the new bullies.

Rather than demand that we be free from discrimination, many LGBT activists now demand that people profess allegiance to a highly contested set of ideas about gender and sexuality by wearing the rainbow on their uniforms, hoisting the Pride Progress flag, or sending their children to schools where they're required to sit through performances by drag queens. The message has shifted from "love is love and everyone is equal" to "you will endorse the most radical viewpoints on sexuality and gender or else."

This change was captured recently in a viral recording of an Edmonton teacher berating Muslim students for skipping Pride celebrations at school. "We believe in freedom, we believe that people can marry whomever they want," she said. "That is in the law, and if you don't think that should be the law, you can't be Canadian, you don't belong here."

People who hold different viewpoints not only belong in Canada, they're protected by our constitution. In Canada, while people have a right to be treated equally under the law, they also have the right to freedom of religion and conscience, and freedom of thought, belief, opinion, and expression. These rights are infringed when people are forced to profess or actively support ideas that they don't believe.

For many, a recent sign that the goalposts had shifted was when National Hockey League goalie James Reimer refused to wear the rainbow symbol because it conflicted with his Christian beliefs. Rather than using this as an opportunity to engage in dialogue to try to understand and possibly change his views, the self-appointed spokespeople for the LGBT community labelled Reimer a bigot and said he should comply or lose his job.

There is no reason to believe Reimer is hateful. He said he wouldn't wear the rainbow because he doesn't support an "activity or lifestyle" but that he strongly believes that every person has value and that LGBT people should be welcome in hockey. Reimer did not say that LGBT people should have fewer legal rights or be excluded. Rather, he seemed to be saying that he doesn't want to endorse gay sex or gay marriage. For many Canadians, these are incorrect or hurtful viewpoints, but the only way to change others' minds about them is through good-faith dialogue.

Another sign that the goalposts had shifted was when the York Catholic District School Board decided not to raise the Pride Progress flag outside its headquarters. Politicians like New Democratic MPP Kristyn Wong-Tam responded by demanding that flying the flag be mandated at every school. Doug Eyolfson, a former Liberal MP from Manitoba, expressed a common sentiment in a tweet that tied the flag to LGBT suicide rates. "To resist a simple gesture like a Pride flag is hate," Eyolfson wrote. "It is not 'a difference of opinion'. It is not 'religious principle'. It is hate, and it kills young people."

Refusing to raise the rainbow flag or the Pride Progress flag is not inherently hateful, and it's hard to believe kids would kill themselves because they don't see a flag in front of their schools. What's clear is that raising the flag is not a "simple gesture" for many people from religious backgrounds. To them, it amounts to actively participating in celebrating something that is inconsistent with sincerely held beliefs.

In a way, I can relate. There are aspects of the LGBT culture that make me feel unwelcome. While I respect how drag queens turn the torment they receive for being effeminate into art that confidently celebrates their true selves, I would not be comfortable taking my nieces and nephews to a drag show.

Rather than bullying people into wearing the rainbow, flying the Pride Progress flag, or sending their kids to watch drag queens, I implore my fellow LGBT people to recommit to respectful dialogue and other liberal democratic values. These values are the reason we have progressed so far so fast, and they're our best shot at making more progress in the long run.

Josh Dehaas is a former journalist and graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School.