Last post: Today at 08:23:38 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

South Korea Becoming A Multicultural Society

Started by Anonymous, May 31, 2014, 03:46:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Obvious Li"
Quote from: "seoulbro"Korea has evolved a lot in the last two decades, but I don't think European style change is possible. At least it is not possible without fundamental change. It is impossible to integrate millions of immigrants into the fabric of Korean society without fundamental change to the culture. That would inevitably bring about a backlash that political parties would happily exploit.

true....certain beliefs are so ingrained in the Korean psyche that it will take generational changes to route them out....Korean society is based on ingrained cultural habits, beliefs and practices...they really believe some of the weirdest shit.....and no power on earth will convince then otherwise....

Do you feel those ingrained cultural habits, beliefs and practices would prohibit Korea from becoming a truly multicultural country Obvious Li?

oh yes .....for sure.....and i am all for it.....multiculturalism has been an unmitigated disaster wherever it has been implemented....so i hope Korea looks at Europe and North America and says ...NO THANKS.....we got along quite well for 4000 years so i think we can survive just like we are....Koreans believe strongly in pure Korean bloodlines...they are not crazy about mongrels and mixed color breeds polluting the gene pool.....one of the reasons i love their culture....that and the fact if you have money ANYTHING is possible in Korea.....just the way God meant it to be..... :ugeek:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

true....certain beliefs are so ingrained in the Korean psyche that it will take generational changes to route them out....Korean society is based on ingrained cultural habits, beliefs and practices...they really believe some of the weirdest shit.....and no power on earth will convince then otherwise....

Do you feel those ingrained cultural habits, beliefs and practices would prohibit Korea from becoming a truly multicultural country Obvious Li?

oh yes .....for sure.....and i am all for it.....multiculturalism has been an unmitigated disaster wherever it has been implemented....so i hope Korea looks at Europe and North America and says ...NO THANKS.....we got along quite well for 4000 years so i think we can survive just like we are....Koreans believe strongly in pure Korean bloodlines...they are not crazy about mongrels and mixed color breeds polluting the gene pool.....one of the reasons i love their culture....that and the fact if you have money ANYTHING is possible in Korea.....just the way God meant it to be..... :ugeek:

The "Korean way" is what helped lift Korea out of abject poverty after civil war and into affluence in a relatively short period of time. There are some things about Korea that needed to be brought in line with the modern world. But, I don't see the value of throwing the baby out with the bath water. Why change what has worked so well? I don't if that's God's will, but Koreans know what will work for them.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"[

It amazes me how arrogant some Westerners are and how much some East Asians look up to whites. Such arrogant Westerners and white-washed East Asians always think it's awesome when ancient cultures like Korea become like Europeans, but never think the West has ANYTHING to learn from great Eastern civilizations. This really pisses me off. Western countries WITHOUT resources are circling the fucking bowl(sorry about stealing your saying OL) while resource poor East Asian countries have large sovereign wealth funds. I wonder how long this can continue as the Western share of world GDP continues to wane in the coming decades?

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Shen Li"

It amazes me how arrogant some Westerners are and how much some East Asians look up to whites. Such arrogant Westerners and white-washed East Asians always think it's awesome when ancient cultures like Korea become like Europeans, but never think the West has ANYTHING to learn from great Eastern civilizations. This really pisses me off. Western countries WITHOUT resources are circling the fucking bowl(sorry about stealing your saying OL) while resource poor East Asian countries have large sovereign wealth funds. I wonder how long this can continue as the Western share of world GDP continues to wane in the coming decades?

i know...as a white guy i feel proud of what the "western white world" discovered and developed over the past several hundred years of well run and structured male dominated societies....i also feel sickened that it took only 50 years of progressive liberal rule and mismanagement to completely tear it apart and destroy it from within...to the point that a world leading, democratic west is unsalvageable without a lot of pain, civil war and probably military rule.....we can and should look more to those homogeneous societies in the east for direction and examples of what still works....although the pressures are on Asia to westernize i hope they are able to resist following the same progressive path to destruction.....the west, canada included, will cease to exist as white western christian democracies within the next 100 years...the die has been cast and we are past the tipping point

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"

i know...as a white guy i feel proud of what the "western white world" discovered and developed over the past several hundred years of well run and structured male dominated societies....i also feel sickened that it took only 50 years of progressive liberal rule and mismanagement to completely tear it apart and destroy it from within...to the point that a world leading, democratic west is unsalvageable without a lot of pain, civil war and probably military rule.....we can and should look more to those homogeneous societies in the east for direction and examples of what still works....although the pressures are on Asia to westernize i hope they are able to resist following the same progressive path to destruction.....the west, canada included, will cease to exist as white western christian democracies within the next 100 years...the die has been cast and we are past the tipping point

I accept that both whites and East Asians are probably finished in the next two centuries. Both face demographic Armageddon due to high living standards and the empty cradles which follow affluence. However, what really bothers me about the West is the sense of entitlement and the politics of pandering to the squeakiest wheel. Both are unsustainable.