Replies: 8525
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 10:23:32 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

That was quick

Started by Erica Mena, June 15, 2023, 02:03:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erica Mena

Straight took down my board lol. That's the thanks I get for keeping this forum open.
<t></t>

Anonymous

"If friend's disappoint you over and over, that's partly your own fault."  

Oprah Winfrey

It's good to understand the difference between actual friends and online acquaintances.

Herman

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=503453 time=1686852188 user_id=2845
Straight took down my board lol. That's the thanks I get for keeping this forum open.

Just so you know kid, I disagree with that decision.

DKG

Erica, I talked with Cronus about retaining the Flea Trap name. It should happen soon.

DKG

I think Cronus is having trouble changing the name.

Melson Gibson

Corkus could barely operate the Mod board on this phpBB forum, let alone navigate the Admin panel, and much less navigate the server side also.

Since I had run my own phpBB forum running on my own domain in the past, I offered to help and to give advice navigating issues that are not familiar to the common folk.  I offered that help to the Spic too.

I was banned more often than not, so fuck both of them.  Now?  They can fuck around with the panel for hours, since that's all they do.  Same with the Chink.

Never even heard of Filezilla?  Figure it out yourself, assholes.

kiebers

I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

kiebers

Quote from: "Melson Gibson" post_id=503491 time=1686903973 user_id=3397

Corkus could barely operate the Mod board on this phpBB forum, let alone navigate the Admin panel, and much less navigate the server side also.

Since I had run my own phpBB forum running on my own domain in the past, I offered to help and to give advice navigating issues that are not familiar to the common folk.  I offered that help to the Spic too.

I was banned more often than not, so fuck both of them.  Now?  They can fuck around with the panel for hours, since that's all they do.  Same with the Chink.

Never even heard of Filezilla?  Figure it out yourself, assholes.

I did figure it out. How long did you play around with the admin panel before you released your forum to the public? How do you remove the requirement for a forum image to allow name change?
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

DKG

Quote from: kiebers post_id=503496 time=1686910904 user_id=193
The name has been changed.

Thank you kiebers.

Melson Gibson

Quote from: kiebers post_id=503498 time=1686912951 user_id=193
I did figure it out. How long did you play around with the admin panel before you released your forum to the public? How do you remove the requirement for a forum image to allow name change?

It didn't take me long once the phpBB software was uploaded and hosted onto my domain/server, which in your case it already is.

About two minutes to change the name of a subforum.  Not sure about "forum image" requirement, since I didn't deal with that...  I'll assume that's some sort of database backup?  I didn't care about backing up the database, since I'm 4chan style...  if the shit gets lost, I'd just start over fresh style.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview