The best topic

Replies: 8528
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 02:05:08 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Dove

Imagine

Started by Erica Mena, June 22, 2023, 12:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Oerdin

Melson Gibson

If it imploded, know that there's about 6,000 psi of pressure down there.  Their bodies would've been vaporized before their synapses even knew what was up.  Realistically that's the best way to go, if you're going to die down there.

Melson Gibson

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=504045 time=1687464362 user_id=3389
Wasn't the person in charge unqualified?

Quote from: Blazor post_id=504049 time=1687471265 user_id=2221
Sounds about right lol. I dont think the operator was at least, while using a video game controller to steer  :laugh:

The pilot of that sub was the owner of the business and the one who built that sub.

Odinson

Apparently the glass in that small window wasnt designed for pressure in 4000 meters.

And the CEO was aware of that.

The submarine made a couple of successful trips to the Titanic and I´m thinking the sub got worn down during those trips.

Blazor

Quote from: "Melson Gibson" post_id=504056 time=1687472776 user_id=3397
Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=504045 time=1687464362 user_id=3389
Wasn't the person in charge unqualified?

Quote from: Blazor post_id=504049 time=1687471265 user_id=2221
Sounds about right lol. I dont think the operator was at least, while using a video game controller to steer  :laugh:

The pilot of that sub was the owner of the business and the one who built that sub.

I thought I saw a young female was the pilot. Maybe Im wrong lol.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Melson Gibson

Quote from: Odinson post_id=504057 time=1687473778 user_id=136
Apparently the glass in that small window wasnt designed for pressure in 4000 meters.

And the CEO was aware of that.

The submarine made a couple of successful trips to the Titanic and I´m thinking the sub got worn down during those trips.

Apparently carbon fiber will fatigue with repeated use.  So I'll bet either the carbon fiber failed, or the viewing window failed.  I guess the end result is the same either way.

Oliver Clotheshoffe

Best case scenario - The hull ruptured on the initial dive killing everyone instantly.

Worst case scenario - They lost power, drifted to the bottom and sat there until it finally imploded days later.

Guess we'll never know.
Life is too short to be in a hurry

Oerdin

Melson Gibson

Quote from: "Oliver Clotheshoffe" post_id=504060 time=1687476872 user_id=3349
Best case scenario - The hull ruptured on the initial dive killing everyone instantly.

Worst case scenario - They lost power, drifted to the bottom and sat there until it finally imploded days later.

Guess we'll never know.

The US Navy's acoustical detection system recorded what they believe to be it imploding right around the time communications were lost.

Oliver Clotheshoffe

Quote from: "Melson Gibson" post_id=504063 time=1687477484 user_id=3397

The US Navy's acoustical detection system recorded what they believe to be it imploding right around the time communications were lost.

They should have just said so at the start instead of dragging everyone along with a false hope. Stuff like this is why I don't trust the media.
Life is too short to be in a hurry

Herman

Irony: wealthy people going on a sub that ignored safety standards to see a ship with lots of wealthy people aboard that ignored safety standards and sank.

Oerdin

Wow.  So the U.S. Navy knew that the mini sub imploded and sank last Sunday based upon its under water listening network but the Biden admin refused to release that I fo and kept the story in the headlines intentionally.  Why, you might ask?  Well Monday-Weds Congress was having public hearings about whistle blowers in the FBI about Biden political appointees knowingly and illegally hindering the investigations into Hunter Biden's crimes and Joe Biden's bribery case.  The Biden admin literally wanted to distract people from Biden corruption and weaponizing official government agencies and legal actions so they just made sure a competing story stayed on the news.

">

Herman

Quote from: Oerdin post_id=504103 time=1687485362 user_id=3374
Wow.  So the U.S. Navy knew that the mini sub imploded and sank last Sunday based upon its under water listening network but the Biden admin refused to release that I fo and kept the story in the headlines intentionally.  Why, you might ask?  Well Monday-Weds Congress was having public hearings about whistle blowers in the FBI about Biden political appointees knowingly and illegally hindering the investigations into Hunter Biden's crimes and Joe Biden's bribery case.  The Biden admin literally wanted to distract people from Biden corruption and weaponizing official government agencies and legal actions so they just made sure a competing story stayed on the news.

">

Jim Crow Joe is as corrupt as Justine.

Melson Gibson

Quote from: "Oliver Clotheshoffe" post_id=504099 time=1687484671 user_id=3349
They should have just said so at the start instead of dragging everyone along with a false hope. Stuff like this is why I don't trust the media.

The Navy did tell search and rescue that once the sub was reported missing, and they had a chance to listen to their acoustic defense system recording from earlier in the day, but I guess although it was most likely the sub imploding, that can never be 100% confirmed until they actually find the sub, or what's left of it.  Search & Rescue guys would keep searching as long as the sub still had a supply of oxygen at the very least, then they no doubt would've scaled back.

Perhaps another reason is that acoustic defense system is supposed to be top secret.  I guess the Navy doesn't want others to know too much about its capabilities.

Herman

Here is what a wise man has to say about the sunk sub.

">

Print
User actions