The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Foody 101.....good news

Started by Obvious Li, May 19, 2014, 03:52:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"
Quote from: "Renee"I found that for me limiting your "bad" carbs (high carb foods with refined sugars) and a liberal amount of daily exercise was the key to losing weight.  For me both MUST be used in conjunction with one and another or I don't get results. This has worked for me up to a certain point. Diets can only do what your genetics allow them to do. Recent scientific studies show that genetics plays a much larger role in determining what you will weigh than was previous thought. It's pretty much a reality that not everyone can be a size 6 no matter how hard you try. Some of us are just doomed to be bigger or heavier than the average. Unfortunately thru the use of the BMI weight has become a priority over health. It is basically a blanket policy that states that if you are a normal weight you must be healthy and if you fall outside the normal range you must be unhealthy. Unfortunately the medical community has been slow to realize that this is not always the case.

Achieving a reasonable and proper level of health should be the priority for any diet you undertake and if you do your part correctly, weight loss should follow.

what i found over the years when i have had too much lobster and butter and can't get into my suit was to cut out the carbs and go strictly protein...meat, eggs, beans fish, peanut butter etc....no fucking bread or wheat products, rice etc......too many useless carbs......the problem is with beer.....simply cannot deny myself one of the finer pleasures of life........ :ugeek:

No doubt about it OL, carbs and sugars are FATTENING!!

Renee

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Renee"I found that for me limiting your "bad" carbs (high carb foods with refined sugars) and a liberal amount of daily exercise was the key to losing weight.  For me both MUST be used in conjunction with one and another or I don't get results. This has worked for me up to a certain point. Diets can only do what your genetics allow them to do. Recent scientific studies show that genetics plays a much larger role in determining what you will weigh than was previous thought. It's pretty much a reality that not everyone can be a size 6 no matter how hard you try. Some of us are just doomed to be bigger or heavier than the average. Unfortunately thru the use of the BMI weight has become a priority over health. It is basically a blanket policy that states that if you are a normal weight you must be healthy and if you fall outside the normal range you must be unhealthy. Unfortunately the medical community has been slow to realize that this is not always the case.

Achieving a reasonable and proper level of health should be the priority for any diet you undertake and if you do your part correctly, weight loss should follow.

what i found over the years when i have had too much lobster and butter and can't get into my suit was to cut out the carbs and go strictly protein...meat, eggs, beans fish, peanut butter etc....no fucking bread or wheat products, rice etc......too many useless carbs......the problem is with beer.....simply cannot deny myself one of the finer pleasures of life........ :ugeek:

Yep, I ate way too many carbs and sugar this past weekend. In fact I almost thought I was going to have a blow out in by (fat) jeans this morning.

Time to get back on track OR......maybe I'll just buy a bigger size.  :lol:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"

Yep, I ate way too many carbs and sugar this past weekend. In fact I almost thought I was going to have a blow out in by (fat) jeans this morning.

I eat a lot of rice and noodles. Less than what I had been though and I have lost some weight.

Renee

I eat a lot of rice and noodles. Less than what I had been though and I have lost some weight.

To be honest I've gone about as far as I can go with this diet and exercise thing. No matter what I do nothing really has a significant impact.

At this point I have two options; eat until I need a flatbed to get around or cut me open and stick in one of those gastric sleeve things.  :x
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Obvious Li

To be honest I've gone about as far as I can go with this diet and exercise thing. No matter what I do nothing really has a significant impact.

At this point I have two options; eat until I need a flatbed to get around or cut me open and stick in one of those gastric sleeve things.  :x

medical intervention is pretty drastic.......need to be real sure first....and if you are healthy, happy and hubby likes a little chubbette then enjoy one of the few pleasures in life.....eating and drinking bad shit to excess.....

Anonymous

That does seem pretty fucking extreme. Have you considered appetite suppressants Renee?

I really hope UR kidding about this.

Renee

Quote from: "Shen Li"That does seem pretty fucking extreme. Have you considered appetite suppressants Renee?

Better to ask me what I haven't considered or tried. I've been on and off diets since I was 10. I've been yo-yoing up and down the scale for literally 30 years. It's getting to the point where lap-band surgery looks like my last alternative. I've done a lot of research on it and even have some family members that have gone thru it but with mixed results. Right now I'm still too chicken to take the plunge.

Oh well, such are the trials of being a fat chick in a skinny world.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"That does seem pretty fucking extreme. Have you considered appetite suppressants Renee?

Better to ask me what I haven't considered or tried. I've been on and off diets since I was 10. I've been yo-yoing up and down the scale for literally 30 years. It's getting to the point where lap-band surgery looks like my last alternative. I've done a lot of research on it and even have some family members that have gone thru it but with mixed results. Right now I'm still too chicken to take the plunge.

It seems to me that obesity is hardly a rarity in the USA. It's your life and telling adults what to do is futile. I wish you the best whatever you decide.

Renee

It seems to me that obesity is hardly a rarity in the USA. It's your life and telling adults what to do is futile. I wish you the best whatever you decide.

Thank you, I appreciate the well wishes and I especially appreciate not being preached to, I get enough of that in RL. It seems that when you are fat or at least as fat as me, everyone has an opinion on it and they all feel compelled to express it regardless whether or not it is asked for. Your point of view on this is refreshing.

Anonymous

Thank you, I appreciate the well wishes and I especially appreciate not being preached to, I get enough of that in RL. It seems that when you are fat or at least as fat as me, everyone has an opinion on it and they all feel compelled to express it regardless whether or not it is asked for. Your point of view on this is refreshing.

No offense Renee, but if you don't want unsolicited advice, then why do you keep reminding us of your weight issues? I bring up my diet success/failures too, so I guess I am as guilty as anyone.

Renee

No offense Renee, but if you don't want unsolicited advice, then why do you keep reminding us of your weight issues? I bring up my diet success/failures too, so I guess I am as guilty as anyone.

I know for me it is force of habit. For most of the women in my family it dominates our conversation because it is a driving issue in our lives. Also for women more so than men we are pressured to look a certain way and those of us that don't always conform to that look, we have a tendency to beat ourselves up over it. Some of us do it privately other are more public about it.  

BTW, I feel that there is a difference between "unsolicited" advice and openly invited constructive criticism that you get from people whose opinions you value.

Anonymous

I know for me it is force of habit. For most of the women in my family it dominates our conversation because it is a driving issue in our lives. Also for women more so than men we are pressured to look a certain way and those of us that don't always conform to that look, we have a tendency to beat ourselves up over it. Some of us do it privately other are more public about it.  

BTW, I feel that there is a difference between "unsolicited" advice and openly invited constructive criticism that you get from people whose opinions you value.

[size=200]YEP!![/size]

Obvious Li

Having grown up in a german community i can relate.....most of my relatives on dads side (male and female) are as wide and deep as they are tall....my grandmother was 5' tall probably weighed more than 300 lbs and died eating sour cream on bread at age 98...fortunately i leaned more towards my mothers skinny genes.....in any case my take on this is if you are overweight and active then they can all go fuck themselves...if you are over weight and spend all day sitting on the couch watching oprah and eating bon bons then you are a slob....see easy peasy japaneasy.....in fact the new theory is that overweight healthy people are living longer than skinny people...go figure.......mind you i still like skinny chicks...but that's just me.

Renee

Having grown up in a german community i can relate.....most of my relatives on dads side (male and female) are as wide and deep as they are tall....my grandmother was 5' tall probably weighed more than 300 lbs and died eating sour cream on bread at age 98...fortunately i leaned more towards my mothers skinny genes.....in any case my take on this is if you are overweight and active then they can all go fuck themselves...if you are over weight and spend all day sitting on the couch watching oprah and eating bon bons then you are a slob....see easy peasy japaneasy.....in fact the new theory is that overweight healthy people are living longer than skinny people...go figure.......mind you i still like skinny chicks...but that's just me.

I can fully relate, even at my heaviest I still tried to remain reasonably active. I wouldn't be able to sit on the couch all day and bon-bons because I would go insane. The problem is I want to remain active and I don't want to end up with bad knees and hips. I already have a bad knee from all the softball I used to play and I fear that it may become more of a problem as I get older; being overweight will just make it worse. I also don't want to end up having to ride a scooter down the potato chip aisle at Wal-Mart either. I will be mortified if that ever happens :cry:

BTW, I had a grandmother pass in a similar fashion except she went face down in the Sunday roast. She wasn't 98 either; she was in her early 70s but until her death she was active, never sick nor was she afflicted any of the ailments fat people are said to have. It was just one of those freak out of the blue things.