Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Canadians spend half their income on taxes, says study

Started by Herman, June 21, 2023, 09:33:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frood

Quote from: Herman post_id=505316 time=1688538848 user_id=3396
Quote from: Frood post_id=505313 time=1688538706 user_id=1676
Australia is fucked like Canada is...

If I weren't tied down and shouldered with responsibilities, I'd live and work out of a utility and nice off road A-frame camper.

I do not think it is as bad as Canada has become. I cannot believe how fast we started circling the bowl.

It's pretty bad here....

And most people don't realise it.
Blahhhhhh...

Melson Gibson

Quote from: Herman post_id=505310 time=1688538287 user_id=3396
It's the drip, drip, drip of taking away freeedom including our money that makes me think this aint going to be a good place to live in 20 years. I have my land, so I am better off than most folks. I will say though, I got no problem with the government of Saskatchewan.  Scott Moe is the best leader in Canada.

It shouldn't be this way, but it is...

One of the reasons I bought this property, was that it's in ALR land.  At the rate we're accelerating, there could very well come a time when I'll have to pay property taxes that I cannot afford, effectively forcing me to sell my property.

This happened all over Langley, with hobby farms.  Property value $5,000,000, here's your $15,000 property tax bill.

Christmas Tree farm is the ultimate backup plan...  Smack a shitload of young evergreens onto the property, have five years or whatever to grow them under farm status, and then go from there.

They'll eventually be able to force me out, but I have Plan C's and D's to delay that...

Herman

Quote from: "Melson Gibson" post_id=505318 time=1688538944 user_id=3397
Quote from: Herman post_id=505310 time=1688538287 user_id=3396
It's the drip, drip, drip of taking away freeedom including our money that makes me think this aint going to be a good place to live in 20 years. I have my land, so I am better off than most folks. I will say though, I got no problem with the government of Saskatchewan.  Scott Moe is the best leader in Canada.

It shouldn't be this way, but it is...

One of the reasons I bought this property, was that it's in ALR land.  At the rate we're accelerating, there could very well come a time when I'll have to pay property taxes that I cannot afford, effectively forcing me to sell my property.

This happened all over Langley, with hobby farms.  Property value $5,000,000, here's your $15,000 property tax bill.

Christmas Tree farm is the ultimate backup plan...  Smack a shitload of young evergreens onto the property, have five years or whatever to grow them under farm status, and then go from there.

They'll eventually be able to force me out, but I have Plan C's and D's to delay that...

It don't work that way in Saskabush.

I have Christmas trees on my farm. It is a nice little side hustle.

Melson Gibson

Quote from: Herman post_id=505319 time=1688539186 user_id=3396

Here, zoning can easily be changed on non-farming land, as to limit or eliminate farming activities, and thus removing the farm status taxes on your five acre hobby farm, thus forcing you to sell when your property is now worth millions, but you can't pay the property tax.

ALR land still has more protection built in, where it can't be as easily rezoned for that to happen.  Not to say it doesn't happen either, but it's a bit of backup...  I'll plant and sell Christmas Trees if I have to.

Herman

Quote from: "Melson Gibson" post_id=505320 time=1688539865 user_id=3397
Quote from: Herman post_id=505319 time=1688539186 user_id=3396

Here, zoning can easily be changed on non-farming land, as to limit or eliminate farming activities, and thus removing the farm status taxes on your five acre hobby farm, thus forcing you to sell when your property is now worth millions, but you can't pay the property tax.

ALR land still has more protection built in, where it can't be as easily rezoned for that to happen.  Not to say it doesn't happen either, but it's a bit of backup...  I'll plant and sell Christmas Trees if I have to.

I read a little blurb about it after I read your post. That is messed up. But, that is BC for ya.

Adolf Oliver Bush

Quote from: "Melson Gibson" post_id=505318 time=1688538944 user_id=3397

I like the idea... then I remember how priests get arrested for carrying bibles in their pockets.
Her fucking fupa looked like a pair of ass cheeks... like someone naked ran into her head first and got stuck. She was like "come eat me out" and I was like "nah I think I'll go snort some anthrax and light myself on fire instead"

- Biggie Smiles

Thiel

Quote from: Herman post_id=503916 time=1687397605 user_id=3396
Folks in this country are going broke paying for Justine's prog bullshit.

https://www.rebelnews.com/canadians_spend_half_their_income_on_taxes_says_study">https://www.rebelnews.com/canadians_spe ... says_study">https://www.rebelnews.com/canadians_spend_half_their_income_on_taxes_says_study

In 2023, the average Canadian family of two or more people will pay $64,610 in total taxes, representing 46.1% of their annual gross income ($140,106).

As of June 19, every dollar Canadians earn this year represents a dollar not pocketed by grubby government bureaucrats.

"If Canadians paid all their taxes up front, they would work the first 169 days of this year before bringing any money home for themselves and their families," said Jake Fuss, associate director of fiscal studies at the Fraser Institute.

In 2023, the average Canadian family of two or more people will pay $64,610 in total taxes, representing 46.1% of their annual gross income ($140,106). Last year, the average family paid 45.2% of its income to the government.

The tax burden compromises more than five months of income — from January 1 to June 18. On June 19, — otherwise known as "Tax Freedom Day" — Canadians start working for themselves.

According to the Fraser Institute, Tax Freedom Day measures the total annual tax burden imposed on Canadian families by federal, provincial and municipal governments. They encompass income taxes, payroll taxes (including the Canada Pension Plan), health taxes, sales taxes (like the GST), property taxes, fuel taxes, carbon taxes, "sin" taxes and more.

This year, it comes eight days later than in 2019, the last year before the pandemic, and four days later than 2021, when it fell on June 15.

According to the Canadian Taxpayers Federation (CTF), Canadians will see 'significant tax changes' in 2023. Their "New Year's Tax Changes" report outlined higher CPP and EI premiums by hundreds of dollars, $445 more in carbon taxes — a second carbon tax — and a 6.3% tax increase on booze.

"Tax hikes will give Canadians a hangover in the new year," CTF federal director, Franco Terrazzano, told Rebel News. "Canadians can't afford gas or groceries, and the government is making things worse by hiking taxes."

"Canadians pay too much tax because politicians waste too much money. The government needs to provide relief by trimming the fat and cutting taxes."

A Leger poll posted earlier this year found over half (52%) of Canadians believe the average family should pay 25% or less of their income to the government. Four in every five support paying the government less than 40% of their income.

According to Statistics Canada, most workers have seen their purchasing power decline in recent years.

"Wages and earnings have not kept pace with price pressures, especially those related to food and shelter," said a StatsCan report Research To Insights: Consumer Price Inflation, Recent Trends And Analysis.

Though weekly earnings typically increased 4.2% last year, rent increased 5.9% over the same period.

"Despite moderate increases in wages and earnings, most workers have seen their purchasing power decline as inflationary pressures ramp up," wrote analysts.

The cost of running a family car rose 13.4%, food prices increased 14.8% and mortgage interest costs jumped 18%.

"Increases in the cost of living are [harming] net saving and wealth, especially for more vulnerable households," disproportionately impacting low and middle-income households.

StatsCan said young adults expressed the most concern over finances, with almost half of those aged 35 to 44 having difficulty meeting their financial needs last year.

The Financial Consumer Agency found that 38% of Canadians borrow money to meet monthly expenses.

"More are borrowing money to cover their day-to-day expenses, including high-cost loans," said an Agency report, Consumer Vulnerability: Evidence From The Monthly Covid-19 Financial Well-Being Survey.

"The percentage of Canadians who borrowed money to cover daily expenses increased from 26% in 2020 to 38% in September 2022," said Consumer Vulnerability. Other findings from monthly questionnaires showed 48% of Canadians used their savings to meet monthly expenses, while 25% routinely spent more than they earned each month.

Forty percent of Canadians surveyed said they were "just getting by financially," while 41% worried they had no money to cover unexpected expenses like car repairs.

Ultimately, three-quarters (74%) believe a family of two or more people is over-taxed by all levels of government.

"There is a large discrepancy between what the average family pays in total taxes versus what Canadians believe the average family should be paying," said Fuss. "It's clear that many Canadian families don't believe they're getting value from their taxes."

Leger said nearly half (44%) of Canadians believe they're getting poor or very poor value from government services.

"Tax relief should be a much higher policy priority given the overwhelming view that average Canadian families are overtaxed coupled with the weak support for the value Canadians receive in government-provided services," added Fuss.

This is sinful. But, the trend is now irreversible.
gay, conservative and proud

Adolf Oliver Bush

Quote from: Thiel post_id=505574 time=1688694795 user_id=1688

Well, not with the prevailing attitudes of most Canuckistanians, I agree. I've said before how it is possible to get around it but keep running up against terminal mental blocks from the natives. It's like trying to explain to Joe that coin collections and hard metals aren't the store of wealth he imagines them to be when the SHTF... a failed endeavour. A "lights are on, but nobody is in" arrangement.

So be it. After all, it's not as though it's any skin off my dick if the place ends up resembling Detroit on a countrywide scale, only with more rainbow crosswalks and mutilated citizenry. I count myself fortunate to have participated in the proud nation it was and to have done the old Harold Holt when the lemmings took to stubbornly throwing themselves off the cliff in the name of going along to get along.
Her fucking fupa looked like a pair of ass cheeks... like someone naked ran into her head first and got stuck. She was like "come eat me out" and I was like "nah I think I'll go snort some anthrax and light myself on fire instead"

- Biggie Smiles

DKG

Quote from: Thiel post_id=505574 time=1688694795 user_id=1688
Quote from: Herman post_id=503916 time=1687397605 user_id=3396
Folks in this country are going broke paying for Justine's prog bullshit.

https://www.rebelnews.com/canadians_spend_half_their_income_on_taxes_says_study">https://www.rebelnews.com/canadians_spe ... says_study">https://www.rebelnews.com/canadians_spend_half_their_income_on_taxes_says_study

In 2023, the average Canadian family of two or more people will pay $64,610 in total taxes, representing 46.1% of their annual gross income ($140,106).

As of June 19, every dollar Canadians earn this year represents a dollar not pocketed by grubby government bureaucrats.

"If Canadians paid all their taxes up front, they would work the first 169 days of this year before bringing any money home for themselves and their families," said Jake Fuss, associate director of fiscal studies at the Fraser Institute.

In 2023, the average Canadian family of two or more people will pay $64,610 in total taxes, representing 46.1% of their annual gross income ($140,106). Last year, the average family paid 45.2% of its income to the government.

The tax burden compromises more than five months of income — from January 1 to June 18. On June 19, — otherwise known as "Tax Freedom Day" — Canadians start working for themselves.

According to the Fraser Institute, Tax Freedom Day measures the total annual tax burden imposed on Canadian families by federal, provincial and municipal governments. They encompass income taxes, payroll taxes (including the Canada Pension Plan), health taxes, sales taxes (like the GST), property taxes, fuel taxes, carbon taxes, "sin" taxes and more.

This year, it comes eight days later than in 2019, the last year before the pandemic, and four days later than 2021, when it fell on June 15.

According to the Canadian Taxpayers Federation (CTF), Canadians will see 'significant tax changes' in 2023. Their "New Year's Tax Changes" report outlined higher CPP and EI premiums by hundreds of dollars, $445 more in carbon taxes — a second carbon tax — and a 6.3% tax increase on booze.

"Tax hikes will give Canadians a hangover in the new year," CTF federal director, Franco Terrazzano, told Rebel News. "Canadians can't afford gas or groceries, and the government is making things worse by hiking taxes."

"Canadians pay too much tax because politicians waste too much money. The government needs to provide relief by trimming the fat and cutting taxes."

A Leger poll posted earlier this year found over half (52%) of Canadians believe the average family should pay 25% or less of their income to the government. Four in every five support paying the government less than 40% of their income.

According to Statistics Canada, most workers have seen their purchasing power decline in recent years.

"Wages and earnings have not kept pace with price pressures, especially those related to food and shelter," said a StatsCan report Research To Insights: Consumer Price Inflation, Recent Trends And Analysis.

Though weekly earnings typically increased 4.2% last year, rent increased 5.9% over the same period.

"Despite moderate increases in wages and earnings, most workers have seen their purchasing power decline as inflationary pressures ramp up," wrote analysts.

The cost of running a family car rose 13.4%, food prices increased 14.8% and mortgage interest costs jumped 18%.

"Increases in the cost of living are [harming] net saving and wealth, especially for more vulnerable households," disproportionately impacting low and middle-income households.

StatsCan said young adults expressed the most concern over finances, with almost half of those aged 35 to 44 having difficulty meeting their financial needs last year.

The Financial Consumer Agency found that 38% of Canadians borrow money to meet monthly expenses.

"More are borrowing money to cover their day-to-day expenses, including high-cost loans," said an Agency report, Consumer Vulnerability: Evidence From The Monthly Covid-19 Financial Well-Being Survey.

"The percentage of Canadians who borrowed money to cover daily expenses increased from 26% in 2020 to 38% in September 2022," said Consumer Vulnerability. Other findings from monthly questionnaires showed 48% of Canadians used their savings to meet monthly expenses, while 25% routinely spent more than they earned each month.

Forty percent of Canadians surveyed said they were "just getting by financially," while 41% worried they had no money to cover unexpected expenses like car repairs.

Ultimately, three-quarters (74%) believe a family of two or more people is over-taxed by all levels of government.

"There is a large discrepancy between what the average family pays in total taxes versus what Canadians believe the average family should be paying," said Fuss. "It's clear that many Canadian families don't believe they're getting value from their taxes."

Leger said nearly half (44%) of Canadians believe they're getting poor or very poor value from government services.

"Tax relief should be a much higher policy priority given the overwhelming view that average Canadian families are overtaxed coupled with the weak support for the value Canadians receive in government-provided services," added Fuss.

It is all but impossible to cut spending anywhere in Canada. Any irresponsible spending is destroying the middle class with taxes and inflation.