The best topic

Replies: 8508
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 06, 2024, 10:37:29 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

I'd like to shoot every last Wild Turkey

Started by Melson Gibson, July 03, 2023, 09:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Melson Gibson

These fucking things are tearing up some freshly patched up parts of my lawn, right as the new grass has just started to grow.  Now I have to get some more seed, and burlap to keep them away from it.

These useless, retarded fucking birds are not native to here, have no redeeming qualities, but yet there's comical limits on hunting them (only 3 birds per year).

If I could get away with it, I'd take my shotgun to every single one of these useless fucking things and bury them in a big hole.

Shen Li

Quote from: "Melson Gibson" post_id=505137 time=1688434776 user_id=3397
These fucking things are tearing up some freshly patched up parts of my lawn, right as the new grass has just started to grow.  Now I have to get some more seed, and burlap to keep them away from it.

These useless, retarded fucking birds are not native to here, have no redeeming qualities, but yet there's comical limits on hunting them (only 3 birds per year).

If I could get away with it, I'd take my shotgun to every single one of these useless fucking things and bury them in a big hole.

Poor baby.

Melson Gibson

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=505143 time=1688447332 user_id=3389
Poor baby.

I'm trying to make shit look nice here, so when a pack of large birds that are literally retarded (they can fly very well, but decide to repeatedly run head first into the fence every time I come to chase them away), and drop shit the size of small dog shit all over my porch and veranda, fuck up my shit, I get angry.

Now I have to redo the grass, spending time and money that wouldn't be necessary if not for these packs of invasive shithawks.

caskur

Quote from: "Melson Gibson" post_id=505147 time=1688448525 user_id=3397
Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=505143 time=1688447332 user_id=3389
Poor baby.

I'm trying to make shit look nice here, so when a pack of large birds that are literally retarded (they can fly very well, but decide to repeatedly run head first into the fence every time I come to chase them away), and drop shit the size of small dog shit all over my porch and veranda, fuck up my shit, I get angry.

Now I have to redo the grass, spending time and money that wouldn't be necessary if not for these packs of invasive shithawks.

See, I would throw down veggie leaves I scabbed from the super market,... lettuce and cabbage leaves...

We have  buffalo grass... you grow that from  runners....But  having said all that, we don't have wild turkeys.

What about wood chipping that area instead of grassing it?
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

I just looked them up. BC has a problem. I think people might have to consider a cull.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Adolf Oliver Bush

I imagine Mel might consider woodchipping the turkeys.
Her fucking fupa looked like a pair of ass cheeks... like someone naked ran into her head first and got stuck. She was like "come eat me out" and I was like "nah I think I'll go snort some anthrax and light myself on fire instead"

- Biggie Smiles

caskur

That would be too bloody...

He should eat some...
- Andy Warhol

Adolf Oliver Bush

He should mine his front lawn and make book on how many he can turn to pink mist. I mean he's gonna have to redo his garden anyway, so he might as well make a bit of money out of it.
Her fucking fupa looked like a pair of ass cheeks... like someone naked ran into her head first and got stuck. She was like "come eat me out" and I was like "nah I think I'll go snort some anthrax and light myself on fire instead"

- Biggie Smiles

DKG

We have wild turkeys in this area too. I have seen them occasiaonally driving to Horseshoe Valley resort.

caskur

Try living next door to this... the true sound of Australia....lol

">
- Andy Warhol

Lokmar

Ruger 10/22 with a soda bottle silencer. No one will ever know. Make sure you put a thermal scope on it like I did to mine. Yes, I own a $300 rifle with a $2000 scope.

Melson Gibson

Quote from: Lokmar post_id=505182 time=1688499393 user_id=3351
Ruger 10/22 with a soda bottle silencer. No one will ever know. Make sure you put a thermal scope on it like I did to mine. Yes, I own a $300 rifle with a $2000 scope.

I thought about this.  I do own a Marlin Model 60 (.22 LR), and was considering experimenting with subsonic rounds and other suppression techniques (suppressors are illegal in this country).  It's equipped with a cheap ass Bushnell scope though...

My other option could be an air rifle, but those are viewed as firearms once muzzle velocity exceeds 500 FPS here, so I'm not sure if even a .22 cal air rifle @ 500 FPS would pack enough kick to reliably do the job.

The .22 LR running subsonics may be my best bet...  Knowing my neighbours, they'd most likely be appreciative if I cleaned up the neighbourhood of these nuisance flying shit machines.

Melson Gibson

Quote from: DKG post_id=505171 time=1688497185 user_id=3390
We have wild turkeys in this area too. I have seen them occasiaonally driving to Horseshoe Valley resort.

Ya, you guys have the Eastern Wild Turkey out there.  At one point these nuisance birds were hunted out of existence, but for some reason unknown to me, they were reintroduced and protected as a species.  To even mention culling nuisance species would have the tree huggers up in arms.

Most people don't even like the taste of them, preferring to eat the Domesticated Turkey instead.

Melson Gibson

Quote from: caskur post_id=505180 time=1688499149 user_id=2156
Try living next door to this... the true sound of Australia....lol

">

There's Peafowl that basically live in my neighbours yard, and because he runs a hobby farm of sorts, they hang around because of access to food.

Those things can get FUCKING NOISY!

caskur

Well the have rush hours then they rest...

Look bird keeps pests low... lawn = lawn beetles.

Digging up your lawn is not good so choose another idea....you've woodchips but you can also get ground cover plants. I only have lawn on my council verge.... on my property l have plants and brick paving.....
- Andy Warhol