Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

A

Anti-EU Parties Win Big In European Elections

Started by Anonymous, May 28, 2014, 12:57:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

Munday - please see my post to you near bottom of last page

Kurds - One of the few sects we can count on. Kurds have always been friends of the West which has not supported them enough. Well, Canada just sent a lot to them on their own

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/calgary-kurds-rally-city-hall-201405723.html">Calgary Kurds rally at City Hall against ISIS brutality

Members of Calgary's Kurdish community gathered Sunday at City Hall to protest the brutal massacres of Yazidis, Christians and Arabs by the terrorist group ISIS and called for greater international support for Kurdish fighters battling the group.

ISIS, or the Islamic State, militants have captured vast swaths of territory in Iraq and Syria over the past several months with the goal of establishing an Islamic caliphate. Just this week, the group captured nearly a dozen towns and villages in Syria's Aleppo province and is currently engaged in a battle with Kurdish forces over the strategic Mosul Dam in Iraq's semi-autonomous Kurdish region.

"We urge the international communities to stand with Canada and the United States of America to take effective measures to support and fight along [with] Kurdish forces to protect global stability and security," the rally organizers said in a press release.

"[Islamic State fighters] have brutally massacred thousands of Kurdish Yazidi, Christian and Arab children, women and men. Their message is clear: establish a Sunni caliphate across the Levant at any cost."
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

cc

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-28826349">BBC - Kurdish forces 'break IS hold on Mosul dam'

Kurdish forces in northern Iraq are in near complete control of Iraq's largest dam after ousting Islamic State (IS) militants, Kurdish officials say.

Ground forces supported by US air strikes launched the operation to take Mosul dam on Sunday morning.

Kurdish sources said they were still trying to clear mines and booby traps from the area round the dam, a process which could take several hours.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte"Munday - please see my post to you near bottom of last page

Kurds - One of the few sects we can count on. Kurds have always been friends of the West which has not supported them enough. Well, Canada just sent a lot to them on their own

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/calgary-kurds-rally-city-hall-201405723.html">Calgary Kurds rally at City Hall against ISIS brutality

Members of Calgary's Kurdish community gathered Sunday at City Hall to protest the brutal massacres of Yazidis, Christians and Arabs by the terrorist group ISIS and called for greater international support for Kurdish fighters battling the group.

ISIS, or the Islamic State, militants have captured vast swaths of territory in Iraq and Syria over the past several months with the goal of establishing an Islamic caliphate. Just this week, the group captured nearly a dozen towns and villages in Syria's Aleppo province and is currently engaged in a battle with Kurdish forces over the strategic Mosul Dam in Iraq's semi-autonomous Kurdish region.

"We urge the international communities to stand with Canada and the United States of America to take effective measures to support and fight along [with] Kurdish forces to protect global stability and security," the rally organizers said in a press release.

"[Islamic State fighters] have brutally massacred thousands of Kurdish Yazidi, Christian and Arab children, women and men. Their message is clear: establish a Sunni caliphate across the Levant at any cost."

I can't recall ever meeting a Kurd? Are they not ethnically Arabs?

cc

Most are not Arab, rather are more Persian originally from what is now NW Iran. Having been taken over by Arabs hordes long ago with islam forced upon them, their form of islam remains benign for most all Kurds.

They have never gotten on well with Arabs through the centuries and have retained their own culture and ways ..... their islam  being not true hard core arab islam

Being not of Arab roots, they are a very strong and ethical people. About 13 million remain ... usually far outnumbered, man for man far superior on the battlefield as is being seen today against IS sunni .... having taken back some turf including the big dam this past weekend with finally some limited help from US air power.

Unfortunately, supplying this historically great ally  and the former strong working allegiance with them has slowed down with the current US admin leaving them more vulnerable but fighting hard against sunni radicals. Given the weaponry they needed would have kept them safe from IS and even a strong force / ally against it.

To their great credit, they have done more trying to save the persecuted  non-islamics in their area between Iraq & Iran from IS than all other countries or groups combined.

cc

There's a bit of humor alongside the horror of what ISIS is doing

http://www.businessinsider.com/female-kurdish-fighters-are-a-problem-for-isis-2014-8">"ISIS hate fighting female PKK because if a woman kills you, no heaven."

PKK, the Kurdish Workers' Party, is in the fighting. Despite being designated a terrorist group by the United States for waging a decades-long battle against Turkey, the group has become a formidable opponent in the battle against ISIS.

Helping to lead the way have been female guerrillas who enlisted in the battle to fighting alongside the Kurdish Peshmerga.

What a conundrum!! Poor ISIS lads wanted to die in battle to get the goodies, but now are terrified they will be killed by a woman and not get those jihadi virgins. I suspect this may be playing a huge role in the sudden turnaround of the battle for the dam and to save non -islamics

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte"Most are not Arab, rather are more Persian originally from what is now NW Iran. Having been taken over by Arabs hordes long ago with islam forced upon them, their form of islam remains benign for most all Kurds.

They have never gotten on well with Arabs through the centuries and have retained their own culture and ways ..... their islam  being not true hard core arab islam

Being not of Arab roots, they are a very strong and ethical people. About 13 million remain ... usually far outnumbered, man for man far superior on the battlefield as is being seen today against IS sunni .... having taken back some turf including the big dam this past weekend with finally some limited help from US air power.

Unfortunately, supplying this historically great ally  and the former strong working allegiance with them has slowed down with the current US admin leaving them more vulnerable but fighting hard against sunni radicals. Given the weaponry they needed would have kept them safe from IS and even a strong force / ally against it.

To their great credit, they have done more trying to save the persecuted  non-islamics in their area between Iraq & Iran from IS than all other countries or groups combined.

I have noticed that too, that they do not take to a literal version of Islam like their Arab neighbours.

How do you feel about the creation of a Kurdistan?

cc

It becoming a country is its only hope for a peaceful life. Not having a port is a great problem even if they do become a country ... especially  with hostile and supremacist hard core islamic  countries on all sides

Anonymous

I didn't know any of that about the Kurds that cc posted. I can't understand why they would be labelled a terror group. Perhaps, it is because Turkey is a American ally and NATO member?

cc

Quote from: "seoulbro"I didn't know any of that about the Kurds that cc posted. I can't understand why they would be labelled a terror group. Perhaps, it is because Turkey is a American ally and NATO member?
You must be referring to the women's group of the PKK, the Kurdish Workers' Party, and not to Kurds in general. Kurds in general are among the best people on the planet.

The PKK does do explosions within Turkey because of turkish suppression of Kurds in general - and yes, as now Muslim Brotherhood supporting and  full on Islamist Turkey (secular no more) is Quote O'Child >  "the pres. of Turkey is one of my best friends" ... one can see how they could be labeled a terror group

When Turkey was suposedly secular, one can see how the group was not in Western favor ... but Turkey's secular days are gone now. Turkey has moved dramatically to the islamist side ... along with Qatar supporting the cruelest group (along with ISIS) imaginable, Muslim Brotherhood on steroids Hamas.

It will be interesting to see how Turkey (in its current islamist  / terror supporter mode) deals with ISIS on it's border ... especially as Hamas is now working with ISIS

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte"
Quote from: "seoulbro"I didn't know any of that about the Kurds that cc posted. I can't understand why they would be labelled a terror group. Perhaps, it is because Turkey is a American ally and NATO member?
You must be referring to the women's group of the PKK, the Kurdish Workers' Party, and not to Kurds in general. Kurds in general are among the best people on the planet.

The PKK does do explosions within Turkey because of turkish suppression of Kurds in general - and yes, as now Muslim Brotherhood supporting and  full on Islamist Turkey (secular no more) is Quote O'Child >  "the pres. of Turkey is one of my best friends" ... one can see how they could be labeled a terror group

When Turkey was suposedly secular, one can see how the group was not in Western favor ... but Turkey's secular days are gone now. Turkey has moved dramatically to the islamist side ... along with Qatar supporting the cruelest group (along with ISIS) imaginable, Muslim Brotherhood on steroids Hamas.

It will be interesting to see how Turkey (in its current islamist  / terror supporter mode) deals with ISIS on it's border ... especially as Hamas is now working with ISIS

Qatar?? I know people that have worked or are currently working there. I think even they would be surprised.

Obvious Li

Quote from: "cc li tarte"Seems I don't know it all Munday. What makes you say he is a sympathizer?

I know he is an  Ismaili, a small sect that "has the reputation as soft core" ... but, so does Sufi and I could give some examples of what that really means.

I recall he made a big thang about the Keybek charter thing but know little else.

Must say that it is not helpful to islam that the only city with an islamic mayor in N America also has the radical problem that it has. 3 dead to date, no doubt more to come ... 9 more they know about in the same building as the 3 dead ones

Tell me what you know. I'm all ears

http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k528/keveri/Cute%20animals/ear_drying_052909.jpg">

i have never met a Muslim who was not a sympathizer with the basic aims and goals of the muslim brotherhood or hamas or ISIs etc......you rarely have to do more than scratch the surface and the anti jewish diatribe begins.....it is hard to imagine that he is alone among his people in being a "jew lover" regardless of any statements he may make for political purposes.....these terrorist organizations cannot exist without the active and tacit support of highly placed, supposedly mainstream muslims with a public face.......they need the cover they provide

Obvious Li

nearly impossible to find a nazi in germany after the war.......nobody in the general population seemed to know anything was going on...strange

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"nearly impossible to find a nazi in germany after the war.......nobody in the general population seemed to know anything was going on...strange

It is indeed strange. ;)

cc

QuoteQatar?? I know people that have worked or are currently working there. I think even they would be surprised.
Prolly not. They know, although they would not be privy to the inside workings of what has been going on for a long time.

Qatar is the main Muslim Brotherhood (and of course the Hamas division of it) sugar daddy in the world ... Turkey next

cc

Solid points Munday. I "scratched the surface" of one I knew a long time  on the Jews,  and 911, etc. and yes he bled.