Very thoughtful article....However, i would argue

Started by Obvious Li, May 19, 2014, 04:00:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"
Quote from: "Shen Li"
[/b]

back the fuck off....one of the results of too many immigrants is attitudes like this.......i was born with a rifle in my hand....i will die that way....don't bring your shit here.........if you don't like guns then don't use them......and by the way..don't worry when the shit hits the fan i will protect you with mine....your welcome.... :ugeek:

A lot of bullshit involved in getting a restricted PAL eh OL?

if i told you; you would simply not believe me....and these fucks are serious.....no wonder more RCMP are getting blasted these days...sheer frustration on the part of honest citizens hassled by a bunch of snot nosed brain washed, feminized academy graduates who need to be offed for the sake of this country..... :ugeek:

Another excuse to keep tabs on us it sounds like. That and raise some revenue of course to provide snivel serpents with jobs that are unnecessary.

Chickenfeets

Quote from: "Obvious Li"........if you don't like guns then don't use them......and by the way..don't worry when the shit hits the fan i will protect you with mine....your welcome.... :ugeek:

Yeah but, OL, what if the guy making the shit hit the fan has two guns to your one? Maybe you and that guy could consider joining forces when some other shit-disturber shows up with three guns?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/CJ2005/Blurt%2031/Dance.gif">

(edit: a fitting end to Conan O'Brien's career, btw)

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chickenfeets"
Quote from: "Obvious Li"........if you don't like guns then don't use them......and by the way..don't worry when the shit hits the fan i will protect you with mine....your welcome.... :ugeek:

Yeah but, OL, what if the guy making the shit hit the fan has two guns to your one? Maybe you and that guy could consider joining forces when some other shit-disturber shows up with three guns?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/CJ2005/Blurt%2031/Dance.gif">

(edit: a fitting end to Conan O'Brien's career, btw)

Conan O'Brien going out in a blaze of glory?

Obvious Li

if i told you; you would simply not believe me....and these fucks are serious.....no wonder more RCMP are getting blasted these days...sheer frustration on the part of honest citizens hassled by a bunch of snot nosed brain washed, feminized academy graduates who need to be offed for the sake of this country..... :ugeek:

Another excuse to keep tabs on us it sounds like. That and raise some revenue of course to provide snivel serpents with jobs that are unnecessary.

the whole gun control debacle was an unmitigated disaster and still is.....gun violence in canada is almost entirely restricted to three groups..natives, native gangs and new immigrant gangs....all three groups of which are exempted from gun control....it is impossible to believe what has taken place in this country under the name of gun control.....unless you are a gun owner/person...then you have to deal with it every day.....and believe me the cons are no better than the fucking liberals that brought it in.....and don't worry blurty....bad guys don't usually fuck with people that have guns......we wish they would, but unfortunately they mostly get it that people that are unarmed are easier prey... :ugeek:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"the whole gun control debacle was an unmitigated disaster and still is.....gun violence in canada is almost entirely restricted to three groups..natives, native gangs and new immigrant gangs....all three groups of which are exempted from gun control....it is impossible to believe what has taken place in this country under the name of gun control.....unless you are a gun owner/person...then you have to deal with it every day.....and believe me the cons are no better than the fucking liberals that brought it in.....and don't worry blurty....bad guys don't usually fuck with people that have guns......we wish they would, but unfortunately they mostly get it that people that are unarmed are easier prey... :ugeek:

That goes without saying OL. School yard bullies did not pick on older stronger kids that can handle them. No, they prey on the smaller, weaker ones.

Renee

[/b]

back the fuck off....one of the results of too many immigrants is attitudes like this.......i was born with a rifle in my hand....i will die that way....don't bring your shit here.........if you don't like guns then don't use them......and by the way..don't worry when the shit hits the fan i will protect you with mine....your welcome.... :ugeek:

OL I would seriously like to know what is involved with getting a handgun permit in Canada; just for comparison purposes. Several of the States in the US are extremely draconian in their handgun permit policies (my original home state of NJ. being one of them) and I would like to see how they stack up compared to Canada.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"OL I would seriously like to know what is involved with getting a handgun permit in Canada; just for comparison purposes. Several of the States in the US are extremely draconian in their handgun permit policies (my original home state of NJ. being one of them) and I would like to see how they stack up compared to Canada.

I'll let OL give you the specifics of getting a restricted license. However, a former bf of mine used to hunt and had his unrestricted(rifle) permit. It really wasn't that hard to get, but it was a bit of a government money grab to hunt.

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Renee"

OL I would seriously like to know what is involved with getting a handgun permit in Canada; just for comparison purposes. Several of the States in the US are extremely draconian in their handgun permit policies (my original home state of NJ. being one of them) and I would like to see how they stack up compared to Canada.

no problem renee...will respond as soon as i get a moment.....

Obvious Li

OL I would seriously like to know what is involved with getting a handgun permit in Canada; just for comparison purposes. Several of the States in the US are extremely draconian in their handgun permit policies (my original home state of NJ. being one of them) and I would like to see how they stack up compared to Canada.[/quote]

Renee..there are several issues here.....the politics of gun control....the criminality of gun control legislation and the logistics of gun control.....i will address the logistics as i think that is what you are asking about ..however, the other two categories are what are causing all the problems....

There are three categories of weapons in Canada...Non-restricted....Restricted and Prohibited ......logistically it is not extremely difficult to acquire a non-restricted (most long guns) or a restricted (handguns/semi automatic weapons) license...Prohibited is self explanatory. (automatic assault weapons etc.)

All you need to do is be over 18, pay a fee ($55) and take the firearms course for either non-restricted or restricted firearms, or both.....pass with 80% plus mark..pass criminal and police checks and send in $80 bucks to the government....there is a practical gun handling component of both the non-restricted and restricted courses that you must pass as well..... after two or three months they send you your license in the mail ...it must be renewed every 5 years.....so the process is fairly straightforward......with a restricted license you need to apply to the Provincial firearms officer for a transport permit to take your pistol to the closest range......it used to be you had to get a permit every time you wanted to go to the range but that became unworkable so now the permit is good for one year....this Firearms License  allows you to legally buy or sell non-restricted or restricted weapons and ammunition...without it you can not legally buy or sell a weapon or ammunition in canada.....

so that is the process involved in acquiring a non-restricted or restricted license in canada.....transportation, handling and safe storage rules are a whole nother kettle of fishies though.....very scary stuff

the harassment and police visits start once the government has your personal information in their system...that is when the police start to visit your home, enter without warrants (yes they can do that in canada) if they choose, charge you with the silliest of infractions to the thousands of rules in the new transportation, storage and handling of weapons guidelines...it becomes an Orwellian nightmare of criminal charges, lawyers fees, dropped cases, passport seizures, mandatory minimum sentences and on and on and on the nightmare goes....

one example among thousands...we live in a provincial park..under the new rules if you have a weapon in your vehicle in the park it must be encased...sounds simple right ?? wrong..my good friend was stopped by the CO's and they noticed he had his rifle in the back seat, in a case as required (it was hunting season and he was on his way out of the park to hunt)..they demanded he get out and produce his gun and license/paperwork etc.. which he did....they gave him a ticket (criminal charge) saying the zipper on his gun case was not fully zipped with 1/2 inch still open...this is the kind of shit these fucking cops are pulling daily to discourage honest hunters and gun owners...it is an active campaign by the police and aided by politicians to disarm the public....he is still fighting this charge as if he is found guilty he will have a criminal record which will preclude him from entering the USA and in fact he could lose his passport as part of the penalty.....i know several people that have unregistered handguns from pre-gun law days....if they are caught with these weapons on one of these warrant-less police sweeps they face mandatory minimum three year jail sentences.....that is minimum three years....if there are extenuating circumstances then those sentences increase dramatically....the rules for safe storage and transportation run hundreds of pages long.....there are rules for storage in your house, garage, storage locker, transportation in you vehicles, and ammunition both with and separate from you weapons...most infractions for running afoul of these regulations involve criminal charges.....

many people i know have simply given up, stopped hunting and buried their guns (they cannot take the chance of criminal charges with mandatory penalties if caught giving them away)...

enough for now......it make me blood boil

Renee

Quote from: "Obvious Li"OL I would seriously like to know what is involved with getting a handgun permit in Canada; just for comparison purposes. Several of the States in the US are extremely draconian in their handgun permit policies (my original home state of NJ. being one of them) and I would like to see how they stack up compared to Canada.

Renee..there are several issues here.....the politics of gun control....the criminality of gun control legislation and the logistics of gun control.....i will address the logistics as i think that is what you are asking about ..however, the other two categories are what are causing all the problems....

There are three categories of weapons in Canada...Non-restricted....Restricted and Prohibited ......logistically it is not extremely difficult to acquire a non-restricted (most long guns) or a restricted (handguns/semi automatic weapons) license...Prohibited is self explanatory. (automatic assault weapons etc.)

(Edit)

enough for now......it make me blood boil[/quote]

Thank you for responding. I knew it was bad but I had no idea just how bad it was until now. Even in states like NJ, or CA where handgun and certain restricted weapons are heavily regulated it isn't nearly that draconian. In NJ for instance in order to get a handgun you must be 21 to apply for a purchasing permit at your local police department. You must submit to being finger printed, a state level background check, an FBI background check and a mental health background check. You must pay a fee for each background check for each permit you apply for. If you are clean you will be issued a purchasers permit but if the local police chief is not firearms friendly he can take his sweet ass time in issuing the approved permit. I've heard of some towns holding up approved permits for 6 months to a year. I think that is changing because a few towns were actually sued over the issue. Once issued the purchasing permit is good for I believe 90 days. When you purchase the gun you must submit to another instant background check call the NICS. It is a state and federal data base that supposedly contains all the recent criminal convictions on file. The gun dealer (FFL holder) calls into the system with your BATF application info and you get thumbs up or thumbs down. Your BTAF application is kept on file at the dealer and with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms. If you purchase more than 2 handguns in 30 days you are flagged by the BATF and you are put on a list and restricted from buying anymore firearms for another 30 days.  Once your permit paper work is on file with BTAF you are good to go as long as you own the firearm. Transferring and selling handguns is another matter.

Long guns are somewhat easier unless they are classed as "assault weapons". Weapons that meet the federal and state description of an "assult weapon are forbidden. Full auto weapons have been heavily restricted since 1934. In order to own a selective fire weapon you must hold a class III tax stamp issued by the US Treasury Dept and unless you are in law enforcement it is almost impossible to obtain. The problem is the description of an assault weapon varies from state to state. In many states to purchase a long gun you need to be 18 and hold a valid firearms ID card which is issued by the state thru your local police department but you must be 21 to purchase the ammunition.  Again you must be finger printed and submit to the state, federal and mental health background checks. The ID is good for life as long as you don't change residency or address. If you move or change your address you must apply for an amended ID. Again there are fees involved anywhere from 50 to 100 dollars depending upon the state. When you purchase a long gun you must fill out all the necessary BATF applications and submit to the NICS background check.

Transporting firearms is a mixed bag. In most states they must be cased when in a car. In states like NJ, They must be secured in a place not accessible to the driver while the vehicle is in motion such as the trunk or some other form of secure lock box. Here in WA it's not much different. It's only in redneck states like Texas or Alabama that you can have an uncased gun hanging in a rack in your rear window and even then I'm not sure if it is entirely legal. I think at the very least ammo must be store separately from the gun.

There are tons of other rules and regulations you must adhere to as well pertaining to ammo storage and firearms transportation but they vary from state to state, which in itself is a problem. The lack of uniform laws and regulations make it dicey when a hunter or sport shooter is traveling across state lines.

As you can see it's not altogether a picnic in the US either but it's not nearly as bad as it is in Canada. It's hilarious that everyone up north thinks it so easy to get a gun in the US. I guess by comparason it is but it is not nearly as wide open as you are lead to believe. Many think it is like walking into the grocery store and buying a can of peas :lol: . Unfortunately that is a myth perpetrated by the leftist media, disingenuous politicians and the anti-gun special interest groups who BTW contribute considerable amounts of money to the campaigns of those anti-gun lefty politicians. Every anti-gun dunce screams about the NRA and their political clout but they never mention the political dealing that their special interest friends are doing at the same time. The difference is the majority of the special interest money that the NRA uses comes from its private membership (people like me) while the opposition relies almost solely on corporate donations and money from rich progressive social engineers like George Soros and Nanny Bloomberg and there private fully loaded PAC funds.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Anonymous

Now everyone knows every single step or hurdle that must be cleared if you want to own firearms in either country. Thank you Renee and Obvious Li.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"OL I would seriously like to know what is involved with getting a handgun permit in Canada; just for comparison purposes. Several of the States in the US are extremely draconian in their handgun permit policies (my original home state of NJ. being one of them) and I would like to see how they stack up compared to Canada.

(Edit)

QuoteThank you for responding. I knew it was bad but I had no idea just how bad it was until now. Even in states like NJ, or CA where handgun and certain restricted weapons are heavily regulated it isn't nearly that draconian. In NJ for instance in order to get a handgun you must be 21 to apply for a purchasing permit at your local police department. You must submit to being finger printed, a state level background check, an FBI background check and a mental health background check. You must pay a fee for each background check for each permit you apply for. If you are clean you will be issued a purchasers permit but if the local police chief is not firearms friendly he can take his sweet ass time in issuing the approved permit. I've heard of some towns holding up approved permits for 6 months to a year. I think that is changing because a few towns were actually sued over the issue. Once issued the purchasing permit is good for I believe 90 days. When you purchase the gun you must submit to another instant background check call the NICS. It is a state and federal data base that supposedly contains all the recent criminal convictions on file. The gun dealer (FFL holder) calls into the system with your BATF application info and you get thumbs up or thumbs down. Your BTAF application is kept on file at the dealer and with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms. If you purchase more than 2 handguns in 30 days you are flagged by the BATF and you are put on a list and restricted from buying anymore firearms for another 30 days.  Once your permit paper work is on file with BTAF you are good to go as long as you own the firearm. Transferring and selling handguns is another matter.

Long guns are somewhat easier unless they are classed as "assault weapons". Weapons that meet the federal and state description of an "assult weapon are forbidden. Full auto weapons have been heavily restricted since 1934. In order to own a selective fire weapon you must hold a class III tax stamp issued by the US Treasury Dept and unless you are in law enforcement it is almost impossible to obtain. The problem is the description of an assault weapon varies from state to state. In many states to purchase a long gun you need to be 18 and hold a valid firearms ID card which is issued by the state thru your local police department but you must be 21 to purchase the ammunition.  Again you must be finger printed and submit to the state, federal and mental health background checks. The ID is good for life as long as you don't change residency or address. If you move or change your address you must apply for an amended ID. Again there are fees involved anywhere from 50 to 100 dollars depending upon the state. When you purchase a long gun you must fill out all the necessary BATF applications and submit to the NICS background check.

Transporting firearms is a mixed bag. In most states they must be cased when in a car. In states like NJ, They must be secured in a place not accessible to the driver while the vehicle is in motion such as the trunk or some other form of secure lock box. Here in WA it's not much different. It's only in redneck states like Texas or Alabama that you can have an uncased gun hanging in a rack in your rear window and even then I'm not sure if it is entirely legal. I think at the very least ammo must be store separately from the gun.

There are tons of other rules and regulations you must adhere to as well pertaining to ammo storage and firearms transportation but they vary from state to state, which in itself is a problem. The lack of uniform laws and regulations make it dicey when a hunter or sport shooter is traveling across state lines.

As you can see it's not altogether a picnic in the US either but it's not nearly as bad as it is in Canada. It's hilarious that everyone up north thinks it so easy to get a gun in the US. I guess by comparason it is but it is not nearly as wide open as you are lead to believe. Many think it is like walking into the grocery store and buying a can of peas :lol: . Unfortunately that is a myth perpetrated by the leftist media, disingenuous politicians and the anti-gun special interest groups who BTW contribute considerable amounts of money to the campaigns of those anti-gun lefty politicians. Every anti-gun dunce screams about the NRA and their political clout but they never mention the political dealing that their special interest friends are doing at the same time. The difference is the majority of the special interest money that the NRA uses comes from its private membership (people like me) while the opposition relies almost solely on corporate donations and money from rich progressive social engineers like George Soros and Nanny Bloomberg and there private fully loaded PAC funds.

Yeah, Canadians think it's like buying a tablet at Best Buy, myself included. Thanks for clearing that up for us Renee.

Renee

(Edit)

QuoteThank you for responding. I knew it was bad but I had no idea just how bad it was until now. Even in states like NJ, or CA where handgun and certain restricted weapons are heavily regulated it isn't nearly that draconian. In NJ for instance in order to get a handgun you must be 21 to apply for a purchasing permit at your local police department. You must submit to being finger printed, a state level background check, an FBI background check and a mental health background check. You must pay a fee for each background check for each permit you apply for. If you are clean you will be issued a purchasers permit but if the local police chief is not firearms friendly he can take his sweet ass time in issuing the approved permit. I've heard of some towns holding up approved permits for 6 months to a year. I think that is changing because a few towns were actually sued over the issue. Once issued the purchasing permit is good for I believe 90 days. When you purchase the gun you must submit to another instant background check call the NICS. It is a state and federal data base that supposedly contains all the recent criminal convictions on file. The gun dealer (FFL holder) calls into the system with your BATF application info and you get thumbs up or thumbs down. Your BTAF application is kept on file at the dealer and with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms. If you purchase more than 2 handguns in 30 days you are flagged by the BATF and you are put on a list and restricted from buying anymore firearms for another 30 days.  Once your permit paper work is on file with BTAF you are good to go as long as you own the firearm. Transferring and selling handguns is another matter.

Yeah, Canadians think it's like buying a tablet at Best Buy, myself included. Thanks for clearing that up for us Renee.

Yeah I know they do and that is why I have started to refrain from getting into gun control debates with them. The ignorance is too much to bare most times and no matter what you tell them they do not believe it because they have been so completely brainwashed by the misinformed.

The other thing that bothers me is that they do not understand the 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution. They don't get its purpose or its meaning or how it protects all the other rights granted in that document. It would seem that they simply do not believe that a powerful centralized government can and will become tyrannical if given half a chance. I will never be able to figure out that kind of thought process but I guess that's just one of the many concepts that makes Americans different from Canadians. We are very similar people in may ways but very, very different in others.

Anonymous

^^I have no desire to own, use or even hold a firearm Renee. However, I support the right of law abiding hunters and collectors to possess firearms.