Last post: Today at 01:25:37 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

Reparations

Started by DKG, July 12, 2023, 09:14:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herman

Quote from: Reggie_Essent post_id=507092 time=1689198519 user_id=3378
Quote from: DKG post_id=507079 time=1689195554 user_id=3390

I realize it is a small number. I maintain that even considering reparations is crazy.

Absolutely.  Where does it end and how far do we go back to recompense wrongs of the past.

For example, my ancestors in Scotland where abused and shat upon by the English.  In fact, my family's ancestral lands were stolen from them in the 1740s so some homosexual English Lord could build a pretend "castle" and make a sheep run on them.  Think of the "generational harm" caused to my people because of that?  Luckily, my ancestors came to the Americas just in time to kill Englishmen again in the name of freedom in the 1770s, but still, the generational harm is clearly evident, therefore; the British Crown owes me "reparations."

We could go back even further for the "generational harm" gig.  My ancestors further back from northern Gaul, Germania and Britannia were repeatedly conquered  and enslaved by the greasy Roman dagos, therefore; the Italians owe me reparations.

Works for me if I can get some free money out of the deal.

The KKK started in Canada because of Ukrainian immigration. The were not slaves, but they were discriminated against. Am I owed anything? Hell no.

Biggie Smiles

Fuck anyone looking for a handout for something they themselves did not experience.

Most of the people demanding these handouts wouldn't give the first fuck about the poor souls who suffered under the horrors of slavery so they can kiss my ass.

They prove this shit daily in places like Baltimore and Chicago.

Now, if some of the slaves themselves were to be brought back to life I would be 100% on board with giving them  just compensation for their suffering. The million being asked for would be a fraction of what I'd give them.

But that's not happening and neither is handing tax payer money to greedy strangers to both myself and the people who actually suffered

Herman

Quote from: "Biggie Smiles" post_id=507110 time=1689202721 user_id=3214
Fuck anyone looking for a handout for something they themselves did not experience.

Most of the people demanding these handouts wouldn't give the first fuck about the poor souls who suffered under the horrors of slavery so they can kiss my ass.

They prove this shit daily in places like Baltimore and Chicago.

Now, if some of the slaves themselves were to be brought back to life I would be 100% on board with giving them  just compensation for their suffering. The million being asked for would be a fraction of what I'd give them.

But that's not happening and neither is handing tax payer money to greedy strangers to both myself and the people who actually suffered

We had payouts from a Conservative government to Japanese Canadians interned during World War 2. That was justified. They had businesses confiscated without compensation. Your ancestors may have been enslaved or discriminated against and you want cash. Get fucked.