Replies: 7380
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 05:05:17 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

So, I bought cheap crap on Temu...

Started by Oerdin, July 13, 2023, 09:26:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oerdin

The sizes of all the clothes were comically small, like children's sizes, despite being the correct US sizes on the labels, seriously a large was what a normal small is, plus the quality was really crap.  The "polarized sun glasses" I bought were child's size so I gave them to my youngest son and he broke them in under 5 minutes.  Even before we account possible spying by the CCP the quality is just so bad it doesn't seem worth it.

DKG

Quote from: Oerdin post_id=507160 time=1689254780 user_id=3374
The sizes of all the clothes were comically small, like children's sizes, despite being the correct US sizes on the labels, seriously a large was what a normal small is, plus the quality was really crap.  The "polarized sun glasses" I bought were child's size so I gave them to my youngest son and he broke them in under 5 minutes.  Even before we account possible spying by the CCP the quality is just so bad it doesn't seem worth it.

At least you are not out a lot of money.

Oerdin

True.  It was cheap as fuck.  The single most expensive thing was a men's watch which looks nice but which is probably crap.  I gave it to the older boy.  I think it was $11.99.  cheap ear buds were $4 which I bought mainly so I could watch YouTube without waking my wife up at night when I can't sleep.

My youngest made fun of them because he has expensive Apple brand noise canceling ear buds.  My wife and two boys insisted on Apple Iphones where as I use a Google Pixel 7a.

Oerdin

There is a fan I bought, it was much, much smaller than in the picture and no exact dimensions were given in the Temu ad.  It was just four dollars so I said "why not"?  It turns out it is tiny, like five inches in diameter, but even worse if you fully charge the battery it only runs for around 20 minutes before the rechargable battery dies.  If you plug it in then it won't run if the battery is empty.  So I have a tiny fan which won't run even if it is plugged in.  This is communist Chinese crap.

Oerdin

Luckily, I have HVAC and fans from Costco which actually work but I thought I might buy some cheap fans and decrease my HVAC bill.  It 2as kind of a waste.  Now, last year I bought some $15 box fans at Aldi but those things shorted out about two months after I bought them.  Costco seems to be the way to go.

I do have two window AC units I bought years ago thinking cooling one or two rooms would be cheaper than cooling the whole house.  Sadly, no, the HVAC is just more efficient so even my Wynter brand WC and the cheap Chinese Haier brand window AC  are kind of crap.  The American made Wynter is both stronger and more efficient than the cheap Chinese one.  I am currently looking at replacing both my HVAC and furnace for my house, got a quote from the Costco contractor for $24,000 for a heat pump system which is continuously variable along with some new ducting.

I think I will get more estimates because that seems high to me.  Back around 2004 I can recall replacing a furnace in a rental unit I was letting out for just $900.

Dove

My happiness is all of your misery. I put good dick all in my kidneys.

Herman

Quote from: Dove post_id=507208 time=1689282764 user_id=3266
Ha! I scrolled Temu...lol

You and me both kid, I never heard of it.

Oerdin