News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 7375
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 04:46:53 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Odinson

Have any pet owners bought a slow feeder bowl for their pet?

Started by Oerdin, July 17, 2023, 01:18:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oerdin

So our family cat is an adopted stray and he has never gotten over his habit of immediately trying to eat all of his food the second it is given to him.  I imagine as a young stray he was afraid other strays would take his food if he didn't eat it but the problem is he eats so fast he gets sick and ends up barfing his food back up sometimes.  My son says his friend at school had a similar problem with their pet cat (eating too fast then vomiting) so they bought a "slow feeder bowl" and that solved the problem.

Anyone have any experience with one of those things?

Oerdin

They have different designs but essentially they all seem to look something like this.  They have lots of grooves and little pockets so the cat has to slowly pick out each piece of his food instead of just inhaling everything all at once.

https://www.amazon.com/Petstages-Cat-Fun-Feeder-Slow/dp/B08732YLMH/ref=asc_df_B08732YLMH/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=459775044134&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=2324916787335980371&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9031291&hvtargid=pla-930496156695&psc=1">https://www.amazon.com/Petstages-Cat-Fu ... 6695&psc=1">https://www.amazon.com/Petstages-Cat-Fun-Feeder-Slow/dp/B08732YLMH/ref=asc_df_B08732YLMH/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=459775044134&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=2324916787335980371&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9031291&hvtargid=pla-930496156695&psc=1

Herman

Quote from: Oerdin post_id=508033 time=1689614320 user_id=3374
So our family cat is an adopted stray and he has never gotten over his habit of immediately trying to eat all of his food the second it is given to him.  I imagine as a young stray he was afraid other strays would take his food if he didn't eat it but the problem is he eats so fast he gets sick and ends up barfing his food back up sometimes.  My son says his friend at school had a similar problem with their pet cat (eating too fast then vomiting) so they bought a "slow feeder bowl" and that solved the problem.

Anyone have any experience with one of those things?

My boy and his old lady have one of those for their cat. They fill it up with water and food when they come to our place for the weekend with the kids. It does what it claims it can do.

Oerdin

Prices seem to vary a lot as do designs and what materials they are made out of.

Dove

I haven't tried one but of you get one let me know how it works for you.

I'm trying to find a way to have Prudeys food out all day without Eddie eating it. She doesn't like just eating her fill in one sitting. She likes to eat a little and come back. I only fill her bowl once a day and that's plenty for her....but if I leave it out on the floor Eddie gets it.

And cat food gives him the most rancid dog farts ever. It's like biowarfare and he will lay in bed with us and let it rip. It's so gross.
My happiness is all of your misery. I put good dick all in my kidneys.

Blazor

Mine aint a slow feeder, its suppose to dispense as it emptys, but it dont, and the cat aint smart enough to paw at it lol. So I dont even bother filling it, just put down a couple cups at once. Mine aint ravenous, and will take turns eating it when they want.

I suppose, make sure ya get one that will actually dispense, and not clog.

The only other thing, is the cat will more than likely figure out that its gonna give him/her more, and sit and wait and wait and wait hahaha, til its all gone, then wait a lil longer with anxiety that there is no more coming lololol. Muh FOOD!
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.