Replies: 8416
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 02:46:34 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

C

Can't log In

Started by caskur1, July 23, 2023, 02:02:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

caskur1

I cannot sign in with my password and I am not making a new account ruining my pm history and 5 yr posting history.

Why can't you organise passwords to go with user names?

adminbig

I posted about this for at least a week prior to the move

each software has it's own algorithms for hashing passwords stored in their respective databases. Think of it like the old software asking the database for your stored password in French and this software asking for it in Chinese

not going to work obviously. And while I do have the technical skills to reverse hashes, for security reasons I do not think that is the proper thing to do as people have their emails associated with those passwords and could be using those same passwords in other areas

so the password forgot option is one of the only ways

Now, if you're saying the email is not reaching you then what I can do is look up the account which is on file here and send you an email which includes your password in the body. You can then log in and immediately change it yourself

Frood

Send me a pw for Caskur and I'll get it to her off-line.

Then she can change it immediately after.
Blahhhhhh...

adminbig

I sent a temp password to the email address she has on file already

caskur

Quote from: adminbig on July 24, 2023, 08:08:34 AM
I sent a temp password to the email address she has on file already

I am in but you made me come to my PC which is a serious pain in the neck due to msn updates...

thank you.!!
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

adminbig

Things will settle down and go back to normal soon

this was a huge migration from one very expensive host to a new host which is costing DKG less than half the monthly expense

AND it was simultaneously a migration from one software platform to another. Lots of moving parts

SonOdin

The forgot password thing sent me three emails and all of them gave me an error.

Now it doesnt send the email.

caskur

Quote from: adminbig on July 24, 2023, 11:01:34 AM
Things will settle down and go back to normal soon

this was a huge migration from one very expensive host to a new host which is costing DKG less than half the monthly expense

AND it was simultaneously a migration from one software platform to another. Lots of moving parts

OK I LOVE THE NAME guest nest.

The font is too small. That is my criticism so if you are inclined and eventually get to it, I hope you can change it.

Now on my PC I LOGGED IN WITH THE TEMP PASSWORD, CHECK. THEN WHEN I WENT TO MY PHONE I WAS ALSO ABLE TO LOG IN WITH THE TEMP PASSWORD. CHECK.... however it didn't work when I went to log in with my smart TV.

So I am thinking when I change the temp password, will that help? I used the smart TV MAINLY FOR POSTING ONLINE.  But at the moment I cannot log in on the smart TV with my TEMP password.

"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

adminbig

adminbig

I agree with you caskur. Font is too small

This is one of the many things I will be changing very soon

caskur

Quote from: adminbig on July 24, 2023, 03:57:19 PM
Saw you on earlier ?

I am in my bedroom laying at the end of the bed using my mobile phone.to write this.. I am staring at my TV in the bedroom... it isn't accepting my temp password.
- Andy Warhol

Reggie

I can't log in either.  No verification email gets sent to my yahoo email associated with this account (reggie_essent@yahoo.com)

I did get a notification about the site refresh yesterday, but when I click on the password refresh the system says a message was sent, but I haven't received on yet.

adminbig

I got you

As soon as I'm back in front of my pc I'll get you in

Oliver the Second

Greetings all, this is Oliver the Second as it seems Oliver the First has gone into the perpetual ether of the innerwebs  :'(

First thing I did was spend about a half hour finding my old password for TBC. Then I tried logging in and found the old password doesn't work anymore and proceeded to verbally berate myself for wasting a half hour that could have been put to much better use eating pizza and drinking beer. Oh wait, I did that anyway...

Next I proceeded to use the 'Reset Password' option which gleefully informed me that a message had been sent to my e-mail. Praying that it wasn't an e-mail which I nuked in a rage quit some years ago I found to my surprise the account was still active and promptly ate the rest of the pizza and downed the rest of the beer while finding it's password. Found it, logged in and there it was, standing tall at the top of the inbox, the message which would save me at last...

"Click on the link" it enticed me with the anticipation that it would all soon be over and I would be back happily posting as before. Clicking the link brought me here giving me the opportunity to change my password! Success! I now pondered heavily what my new password should be while I was picking the tiny leftover pieces from the pizza box and raising them oh so slowly to my mouth for one last flavor-filled burst of pepperoni and tomato sauce joy...

I had my password ready. Let's do this. We will make it happen. Nothing will stop us.

I entered my new password carefully watching intently as each key was pressed to be sure it was the correct one... finished... once again for verification, watch the keys as the small beads of sweaty anticipation formed on my forehead and my heart started to pick up pace... second entry completed... it's time to put the lotion in the basket... I press enter...

"Error. Invalid Keycode"

I always did envy Captain Picard having no hair hence none to pull out when situations like this arise...

'Give in to the madness and you'll never go mad' - so I said fuck it and made a new account.

Good to be here!

Reggie Essent

I just made a new account.  I only had a few dozen poasts here anyway. ;)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview