The best topic

Replies: 10385
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 10:06:23 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Erica Mena

IMHOtep

Started by Anonymous, June 15, 2014, 12:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Renee

Quote from: "Real Woman"
Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Real Woman"I can't tell you how sick I am of this leftie / rightie shit.

Unfortunately it is a fact of sociopolitical life and interaction between people of opposing ideologies. Don't like it, then don't engage and move on.

Don't know what else to tell you.

What I mean is how you get pegged as one or the other then that stereotype is applied without thought or reason.  It's rather silly.

I guess I can see your point because it's only a few of us that are overwhelmingly left or right. But you have to admit that it's not a stretch to apply the stereotypes when it comes to certain people.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Real Woman"I can't tell you how sick I am of this leftie / rightie shit.

JFC....in my life i have never met a liberal who A) would admit it and B) was proud of it.....so FFS why do you aspire to be on if you are so shit scared of actually owning up to it...me and my conservative pals are PROUD to be cons...we love it...we proclaim it from the roof tops....so maybe the problem is you can't seem to reconcile the rhetoric you spout with the facts.....don't be ashamed...never met a leftie yet that could

Obvious Li

and oh by the way....saying you are sick of it and/or it doesn't exist is just a chickenshit way of admitting you realize your position is untenable.....i coulda told you that 20 fucking years ago...cheers toots

Anonymous

Unfortunately it is a fact of sociopolitical life and interaction between people of opposing ideologies. Don't like it, then don't engage and move on.

Don't know what else to tell you.

What I mean is how you get pegged as one or the other then that stereotype is applied without thought or reason.  It's rather silly.

I guess I can see your point because it's only a few of us that are overwhelmingly left or right. But you have to admit that it's not a stretch to apply the stereotypes when it comes to certain people.

I have never understood why anyone could get into an argument about something like politics?

But, then I am apolitical and I realize some people are very passionate about politics..

I did not know you were one of them Renee?

reel

I can't believe you thought it was Mimi.

Politics is a fool's game.  I can't stand politicians.  They are arrogant, power hungry, and incompetent regardless of political bent.

I'll second RW that the leftie/rightie schtik is tired and boring.  It reminds me of avid sports fans.

Those three statements were entirely unrelated.

Anonymous

Quote from: "reel"I can't believe you thought it was Mimi.

Politics is a fool's game.  I can't stand politicians.  They are arrogant, power hungry, and incompetent regardless of political bent.

I'll second RW that the leftie/rightie schtik is tired and boring.  It reminds me of avid sports fans.

Those three statements were entirely unrelated.

I will third that reel..

Welcome to our little discussion group..

It is very nice to meet you.

:)

Anonymous

As I am I. People that label others or worse take sides based on what side of the spectrum an issue falls on.

Obvious Li

Quote from: "seoulbro"

As I am I. People that label others or worse take sides based on what side of the spectrum an issue falls on.

there is a reason this country went from being a world power to a third world shithole over the last 50 years....and it relates directly to the rightie/leftie issue......so you should fucking care about rightie/leftie....... it affects everything you do every day of your life

Renee

Quote from: "Fashionista"

I have never understood why anyone could get into an argument about something like politics?

But, then I am apolitical and I realize some people are very passionate about politics..

I did not know you were one of them Renee?

It's not just limited to politics or politicians; there are social aspects of the left/right issue that are directly affected and cause by following one ideology or the other. You cannot really ignore how these ideological issues affect your life.

I understand that you are not political but hopefully you understand that politics creates the policies and laws that affect us all in our daily lives. It's not that I'm passionate about politics, I just think it is prudent to be aware of who or what is fucking me over or reaching into my wallet.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "reel"I can't believe you thought it was Mimi.

Hey, nice to see ya stud.  :D  :D  :D

I was really pissed at the time and mimi just happened to be around. Next time you are on Blurt's forum, tell mimi I am sorry about that and I hope no hard feelings.

I do not apologize about anything I said to straight white boy Bob though. I joined that forum in good faith. I had no intentions of trolling or disrupting anything. If Bob had said that about my grandpa in real life, I would've ripped his adam's apple out his left nostril. He's a cowardly scumbag, so he would never have the stones to say shit like that to my face.

I am banned there, but Bob is free to post. I like Blurt, but he can stick his fucking hyper-biased forum up his ass sideways. :x

RW

I'm not afraid to own up to anything Munday but the fact that you wear your ignorance like a badge of honour is fitting.

I tend to be more issue based in my political opinions and don't subscribe to one ideology.  Sound decisions and ideas come from all sides so why would I be so stupid as to ignore something reasonable because it doesn't come from the "side" I'm on?  That may work for you, but it doesn't work for me.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Shen...

Diplomacy - the art of telling people to go fuck themselves and not getting banned :)
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"Shen...

Diplomacy - the art of telling people to go fuck themselves and not getting banned :)

Can't do it RW. Not when it comes to cheapshots/insults about my family. Anybody does that and IT'S FUCKIN ON!! Just ask oddstain.

reel

Quote from: "Renee"It's not just limited to politics or politicians; there are social aspects of the left/right issue that are directly affected and cause by following one ideology or the other. You cannot really ignore how these ideological issues affect your life.

I understand that you are not political but hopefully you understand that politics creates the policies and laws that affect us all in our daily lives. It's not that I'm passionate about politics, I just think it is prudent to be aware of who or what is fucking me over or reaching into my wallet.

I'm not sure what it's like in the US, but in Canada the policies and laws that affect us on a day to day basis are created by bureaucrats and courts, both groups that are notionally apolitical.  Politicians only touch the day to day decisions after they are already decided by the bureaucrats and primarily deal with issues that have a high media profile, but little impact on most of our day to day lives.  The political side of the government is mostly about showmanship, media sound bites, the latest polls, and cronyism, altogether independent of political party.  Most of it is irrelevant to political ideology and has far more to do with direct benefit of a particular minority group.

As to opinions on the issues that do come up, why should they follow an ideology at all?  Why would they not follow a logical analysis of the issue at hand, based on costs and benefits?  If I'm called a lefty or a righty, you are basically saying that my mind is pre-determined by someone else's ideology on any given issue.  Is that the case with you?  It's not with me and I take offense to the implication that I am unable to decide my opinion on an issue for myself.  I will base my opinion on the facts presented and if new facts are presented that invalidate my previous conclusion, I may change my mind.  

I view those who argue an issue based on pre-determined talking points created by their "team" as weak-willed, arrogant, and/or intellectually indolent.  Categorizing your opponent in a debate as belonging to a particular political team is equally intellectually lazy and most often constitutes a straw man logical fallacy (assuming that they have not already categorized themselves as their only  support to their argument).

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Real Woman"I'm not afraid to own up to anything Munday but the fact that you wear your ignorance like a badge of honour is fitting.

I tend to be more issue based in my political opinions and don't subscribe to one ideology.  Sound decisions and ideas come from all sides so why would I be so stupid as to ignore something reasonable because it doesn't come from the "side" I'm on?  That may work for you, but it doesn't work for me.

i'm repeating myself but here goes........denile denile denile denile denile denile denile...... :ugeek: