Replies: 7050
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 02:37:47 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Erica Mena

new what's cooking thread

Started by formosan, August 03, 2023, 02:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

formosan

I'm making teriyaki chicken in our air fryer tonight accompanied by rice and sauteed asparagus with garlic.
too old to be a fashionista

formosan

I bought kimchi at T&T market and tonight I'm making Korean bi bim bap for supper.
too old to be a fashionista

Brent

I brought some home made Greek pastitsio with me on this trip. It is still so good warmed up in a microwave.

Reggie Essent

Quote from: Brent on September 16, 2023, 07:46:41 PMI brought some home made Greek pastitsio with me on this trip. It is still so good warmed up in a microwave.

I got some of that in my fridge.  It does reheat well.

Herman

Reggie Essent

Quote from: Herman on September 17, 2023, 12:04:35 AMWhat is that?

It's like a Greek shepherds pie.  A mash of beef and peppers and veggies topped with macaroni in a nice cheesy sauce.

Herman

Quote from: Reggie Essent on September 17, 2023, 12:08:42 AMIt's like a Greek shepherds pie.  A mash of beef and peppers and veggies topped with macaroni in a nice cheesy sauce.
That seems like moussaka. That aint bad at all.

Reggie Essent

Quote from: Herman on September 17, 2023, 12:10:25 AMThat seems like moussaka. That aint bad at all.

Is that some Ukie thing?

Herman

Quote from: Reggie Essent on September 17, 2023, 12:12:36 AMIs that some Ukie thing?
It is a Greek thing. I do eat other shit besides holubsti, pierogies, borscht, and varenyky.

Reggie Essent

Quote from: Herman on September 17, 2023, 12:25:58 AMIt is a Greek thing. I do eat other shit besides holubsti, pierogies, borscht, and varenyky.

Pierogies are my favorite Slav food.  The Polacks in Chicago made them a staple here.  Just like the Greeks with their gyros.

Reggie Essent

Quote from: Raven on September 18, 2023, 05:30:48 PMBrats tonight topped with sautéed peppers, onions and mushrooms. YUM  Oh and.. For dessert..  chocolate covered strawberries that I just dipped and threw in the freezer :D   

I love me some brats!  I only had them a couple times this summer.  Tonight I'm having the steak I was gonna have yesterday with oven baked brussel sprouts.  I dunno about the over baked brussels, I like them sautéd, but we'll try them.

Thiel

Quote from: Reggie Essent on September 18, 2023, 05:50:27 PMI love me some brats!  I only had them a couple times this summer.  Tonight I'm having the steak I was gonna have yesterday with oven baked brussel sprouts.  I dunno about the over baked brussels, I like them sautéd, but we'll try them.
Lucky you. I am grabbing a chicken ranch wrap from Subway.
gay, conservative and proud

Herman

I am making a big old sandwich after a long day. I am going to warm up a can of Campbell's beef soup with it.

Oliver the Second

I had a cheeseburger, fries, a Coke and apple pie for dessert.

God bless America  :flags-smileys-emoticons8:

Herman