The best topic

Replies: 7057
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 05:25:07 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Erica Mena

Lined out threads

Started by DKG, August 09, 2023, 11:14:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

DKG

deadskinmask

Quote from: Biggie Smiles on August 31, 2023, 12:14:53 PMno... the way PHPBB and SMF handle BBC is vastly different and certain tags within a post, signature etc will cause this anomaly. Even the developers are stumped on an elegant way to fix it and thus it requires editing each offending post by hand one by one. :( 

oh, man.... that sucks....

Biggie Smiles

Notice how I fixed page one

https://thebluecashew.net/index.php/topic,14461.0.html

had to manually go in and edit all the tags

36 pages to go unless someone wants to learn how to do it an assist
Love Love x 1 View List

Garraty_47

Quote from: Biggie Smiles on August 31, 2023, 01:38:29 PMNotice how I fixed page one

https://thebluecashew.net/index.php/topic,14461.0.html

had to manually go in and edit all the tags

36 pages to go unless someone wants to learn how to do it an assist

I decided to go with a "free" FontAwesome account for some social media icons and such in the site I'm building.

I recently got an email from them about their instituting a 10k/month page view limit on people using their "free" service. I'm not worried about exceeding the limit (or even getting within sight of it LoL) but just knowing it's out there like a damn tripwire waiting until I've forgotten all about it before "kablooey!"...

Anyway, why am I mentioning this?
Because now I have to code my own icons like I was trying to fucking avoid doing in the first place and it kinda pisses me off. I wouldn't mind something else to do instead of all that nonsense.

I presume I just need a .zip or .rar package of files that need to be fixed and returned?

Sounds tasty.
You can send the file(s) and instructions to Vitriol@ootikof.net

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: Garraty_47 on August 31, 2023, 02:27:24 PMI decided to go with a "free" FontAwesome account for some social media icons and such in the site I'm building.

I recently got an email from them about their instituting a 10k/month page view limit on people using their "free" service. I'm not worried about exceeding the limit (or even getting within sight of it LoL) but just knowing it's out there like a damn tripwire waiting until I've forgotten all about it before "kablooey!"...

Anyway, why am I mentioning this?
Because now I have to code my own icons like I was trying to fucking avoid doing in the first place and it kinda pisses me off. I wouldn't mind something else to do instead of all that nonsense.

I presume I just need a .zip or .rar package of files that need to be fixed and returned?

Sounds tasty.
You can send the file(s) and instructions to Vitriol@ootikof.net
It's actually a post by post edit requirement.

You'd be looking for standard <anythingbetweenthesegreaterthanandlesstahnbrackets> type tags and removing them entirely from the post.

For any links you see ending in .png / .jpg .gif strip everything before and after the entire hyperlinks and enclose them in

that's pretty much it.

You'd need to have moderator privs to do it -- we wanted you on as a mod anyway so just say the word and it's yours  :good:
For imag

Garraty_47

Oh!
I thought you meant you had to edit the *.php files.

:Doh2:

I'll be heading out for a little while in about 30 minutes so no hurry on the Mod priv's but I can get cracking when I return.

Shouldn't be gone more than a couple hours.

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: Garraty_47 on August 31, 2023, 02:46:57 PMavatar_Biggie Smiles

Oh!
I thought you meant you had to edit the *.php files.

:Doh2:

I'll be heading out for a little while in about 30 minutes so no hurry on the Mod priv's but I can get cracking when I return.

Shouldn't be gone more than a couple hours.

Cool bro. When I get back in front of my pc I'll get you setup

I hate doing admin related stuff on the phone.

Garraty_47

Quick question, possibly silly:

The stray emoji codes like "ac_toofunny" or "ac_biggrin"... are they salvageable by adding back in colons or something or should I dump them as well?

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: Garraty_47 on August 31, 2023, 08:56:55 PMavatar_Biggie Smiles

Quick question, possibly silly:

The stray emoji codes like "ac_toofunny" or "ac_biggrin"... are they salvageable by adding back in colons or something or should I dump them as well?

you mean like this :crazy: which is actually : followed by the word crazy and then : again

you need to enclose them in : on both sides but there's no guarantee they'll have a match in this database.

I'd say try a few and dump them if they start to make you lose hair

Garraty_47

Quote from: Biggie Smiles on August 31, 2023, 09:26:09 PMyou mean like this :crazy: which is actually : followed by the word crazy and then : again

you need to enclose them in : on both sides but there's no guarantee they'll have a match in this database.

I'd say try a few and dump them if they start to make you lose hair

Been there done that.
Haven't had much luck with the ones that start with "ac_" but the others generally already have colons and show up on their own after I Save the edit.

At the moment I just changed my Profile to not show sigs to test something...

I stripped the extra tags and stuff but all the posts on pg4 after Breakfall's post still have lines. He's got something in his sig that doesn't seem to have translated very well and I wonder if that's causing it? Gonna go check now that I have sigs turned off.

**UPDATE**

Yup.
Sigs off =  everything's fine.
Sigs on = all posts after Breakfall's have line-throughs.

Why am I not surprised the first actual problem child is Safetynet? lulz

Biggie Smiles

Thanks for your help bro

I took the liberty of Modding you on the politics board as well.

Garraty_47

Just ran into a Soundcloud code block... any plans to enable Soundcloud or should I dump it?

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: Garraty_47 on August 31, 2023, 10:33:21 PMavatar_Biggie Smiles

Just ran into a Soundcloud code block... any plans to enable Soundcloud or should I dump it?

I think there is a mod for soundcloud

does anyone use soundcloud to embed music?

Garraty_47

Quote from: Biggie Smiles on August 31, 2023, 10:34:25 PMI think there is a mod for soundcloud

does anyone use soundcloud to embed music?

This is the first one I've seen and it appears to be just be an audio stinger called "voices from heaven" linked from cw_'s personal Soundcloud account?

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: Garraty_47 on August 31, 2023, 10:42:22 PMThis is the first one I've seen and it appears to be just be an audio stinger called "voices from heaven" linked from cw_'s personal Soundcloud account?
Maybe we just throw in the youtube equivalent ?