The best topic

Replies: 10413
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 02:03:25 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Quality

Started by Anonymous, June 24, 2014, 08:08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Renee"

What qualifies as sin to you Fash????? ac_umm

To miss the mark" of God's holy standard of righteousness-Deuteronomy 9:7

Proverbs 6:16-19; Galatians 5:19-21; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 give direct examples of sin..

The Bible also says that God hates sin and encourages us as Christians to stop sinning: "Those who have been born into God's family do not make a practice of sinning, because God's life is in them." (1 John 3:9)

The King James Version of the Bible translates verse 9 and 10 as:

"Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

That's a mighty broad and inflammatory statement, there Fash.

So "fornicators" as in people who fornicate (fuck, have sex, get laid, etc.) and "revilers" as in people who like to revile (party, have a good time, etc.) are all sinners?  ac_umm

If that's the case should I enter the express tube straight to hell now? Hopefully it will be big enough because I would hate to get stuck in it on my way to the lake of fire.  ac_rollseyes

In 2 Timothy 3 In 2 Timothy 3, Paul gives a description of people who would arise during Timothy's ministry. These individuals would claim to be Christians, but their attitude would not align with that claim. Here, Paul gives one of the most distinguishing and in-depth descriptions of these individuals enumerating nearly 30 of their characteristics. These individuals would be bold and brash; they would use their claim to take advantage of others. They would be most noted for their conceit and arrogance, billowing themselves up while they break others down. They would be revilers. They would speak ill against others. They would have a bad attitude towards other Christians and they would allow small differences to be the source of contention.

Christians are told to control their tongues because of the damage and destruction that can be spread through words. James details this great destruction in his letter by stating, "See how great a forest is set aflame by such a small fire! And the tongue is a fire, the very world of iniquity, the tongue is set among our members as that which defiles the entire body, and sets on fire the course of our life, and is set on fire by Hell" (James 3:5b-6). We commonly are told that "sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will never hurt me." Well, truth is, words do hurt or we wouldn't have to appeal to this little ditty so often. Words are crushing, discouraging, and disheartening. Therefore we are told to be quick to hear, slow to speak, and slow to anger because anger does not accomplish the righteousness of God (James 1:19).

We Cannot Be Revilers!

Today, I ask everyone who reads this article to look at these verses and make personal application. Are you the person that Paul is describing? Do you speak ill towards other Christians? Do you think before you speak or do you allow ill threats, nasty sarcasm, and disrespectful speech to pour forth freely from your lips? If so, remedy this wrong and change the way you speak to others. Be a source of encouragement in all areas and build others up! Don't make the mistake of failing to have an attitude that lines up with your claim of being a Christian.

I apologize Renee for cutting and pasting this, but I am in a little bit of a hurry..

What our Lord means by reviling is not the way it is commonly used today.

Anonymous

Quote from: "guest poster"So grass eating and gas drinking and bum kissing are alright as long as I don't covet my neighbors grass or gas or ass.

now that was funny :rude: rudeness abounds around this place

post a similar story

Anonymous

Quote from: "funny"
Quote from: "guest poster"So grass eating and gas drinking and bum kissing are alright as long as I don't covet my neighbors grass or gas or ass.

now that was funny :rude: rudeness abounds around this place

post a similar story

I don't feel it was rude funny..

It is a reasonable assumption for a secular person.

ac_smile

Anonymous

well threats didn't work

maybe love will bring in new guest poster

hugs and kisses for all acc_hugz

Guest Forum of Love

Anonymous

Quote from: "guest poster"well threats didn't work

maybe love will bring in new guest poster

hugs and kisses for all acc_hugz

Guest Forum of Love

Let us show the love.

Anonymous

Quote from: "quality kiss"this is some quality butt kissing

http://2rxax5inm6sma94zqz2y91348.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/lifestyle/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2014/11/Pastor-beach-kiss.jpg">

">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCSube6U_lE

Anonymous

Quote from: "pucker up"
Quote from: "quality kiss"this is some quality butt kissing

http://2rxax5inm6sma94zqz2y91348.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/lifestyle/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2014/11/Pastor-beach-kiss.jpg">

">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCSube6U_lE

too much poop