Last post: Today at 04:46:53 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Odinson

I Know Now What BF Stands For lol

Started by Colonel Crackskulls, August 13, 2023, 01:40:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colonel Crackskulls

Quote from: Biggie Smiles on August 13, 2023, 02:34:44 PM
Okay, allow me to diffuse the situation

a) you are NOT someone who's ever registered on any of the boards I've ran before. Or at least not with the email you used

b) your IP doesn't map back to any of the ones known about for previous members and you're not using a proxy

so that pretty much squares things away on that front

The owner is a cool dude and perfectly willing to acknowledge if he's made a mistake

so, may I ask how you found this tiny little corner of social interaction in Al Gores big world wide web?

I knew someone on FB a few years back who mentioned it.
"If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you."

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: Bahamut on August 13, 2023, 02:39:02 PM
I knew someone on FB a few years back who mentioned it.

I see.

Very well then. Enjoy your interactions here

Colonel Crackskulls

Quote from: Biggie Smiles on August 13, 2023, 02:40:18 PM
I see.

Very well then. Enjoy your interactions here
I am curious about one thing. You have tons of posts made, why does it still say Newbie? lol
"If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you."

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: Bahamut on August 13, 2023, 02:42:59 PM
I am curious about one thing. You have tons of posts made, why does it still say Newbie? lol
Good question.

EVERYONE -- no matter how many posts they have will be considered a "newbie" from this software's point of view as we recently converted from a less versatile version of forum code to this platform

Since they are very dissimilar platforms in almost every respect the database tables, records, etc had to be extracted one by one and funneled into the new database as if they were brand new entries. Thus, creating the effect that EVERYTHING is new.

Colonel Crackskulls

Quote from: Biggie Smiles on August 13, 2023, 02:46:43 PM
Good question.

EVERYONE -- no matter how many posts they have will be considered a "newbie" from this software's point of view as we recently converted from a less versatile version of forum code to this platform

Since they are very dissimilar platforms in almost every respect the database tables, records, etc had to be extracted one by one and funneled into the new database as if they were brand new entries. Thus, creating the effect that EVERYTHING is new.

Okay. Thanks.

DKG

Quote from: Biggie Smiles on August 13, 2023, 02:34:44 PM
Okay, allow me to diffuse the situation

a) you are NOT someone who's ever registered on any of the boards I've ran before. Or at least not with the email you used

b) your IP doesn't map back to any of the ones known about for previous members and you're not using a proxy

so that pretty much squares things away on that front

The owner is a cool dude and perfectly willing to acknowledge if he's made a mistake

so, may I ask how you found this tiny little corner of social interaction in Al Gores big world wide web?
It really makes no difference to me if he is or isn't from BF and trying desperately to save that dying forum. Bahamut is welcome and I hope he has fun posting here.

Colonel Crackskulls

Quote from: DKG on August 13, 2023, 03:07:57 PM
It really makes no difference to me if he is or isn't from BF and trying desperately to save that dying forum. Bahamut is welcome and I hope he has fun posting here.
You'll grow to like me. I have that effect on people over time.

reaps the honest

Quote from: Bahamut on August 13, 2023, 03:10:19 PM
You'll grow to like me. I have that effect on people over time.

You a ff7 fan dude?

DKG

avatar_Colonel Crackskulls, as per you message, I am not angy at all. Carry on.

Colonel Crackskulls

Quote from: reaps the honest on August 13, 2023, 03:11:24 PM
You a ff7 fan dude?

I am a gamer but not really an rpg buff. I like fighters and stuff like Tomb Raider.

reaps the honest

Quote from: Bahamut on August 13, 2023, 03:18:53 PM
I am a gamer but not really an rpg buff. I like fighters and stuff like Tomb Raider.

I only asked because Bahamut was a summon monster in ff7.

Colonel Crackskulls

Quote from: reaps the honest on August 13, 2023, 03:21:51 PM
I only asked because Bahamut was a summon monster in ff7.

A long time ago I used to play the old version of D&D. Bahamut was a dragon god or something.

reaps the honest

Quote from: Bahamut on August 13, 2023, 03:25:36 PM
A long time ago I used to play the old version of D&D. Bahamut was a dragon god or something.

Colonel Crackskulls

Erica Mena

<t></t>