The best topic

Replies: 7419
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 02:45:14 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Brent

That Gold I bought keeps going up in price

Started by JOE, March 04, 2024, 05:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

JOE

Anyway L okmeer here's a really informative video about the reasons for the rise in gold & why the stock markets or equities could be in for a correction possibly next year:

Among the speakers on YouTube I thought this guy Alisdair McLeod was among the most credible. Because he doesn't sensationalize anything & doesn't predict $10 or $20,000 Gold. He jus says it will go up & last year accurately predicted the current price rises we're witnessing today with gold & silver.

But he gives credible reasons based on sound logical economic analysis based on his experience as a banker.

Lokmar

Quote from: JOE on May 21, 2024, 11:15:21 AMAnyway L okmeer here's a really informative video about the reasons for the rise in gold & why the stock markets or equities could be in for a correction possibly next year:

Among the speakers on YouTube I thought this guy Alisdair McLeod was among the most credible. Because he doesn't sensationalize anything & doesn't predict $10 or $20,000 Gold. He jus says it will go up & last year accurately predicted the current price rises we're witnessing today with gold & silver.

But he gives credible reasons based on sound logical economic analysis based on his experience as a banker.

josephine, you really dont need to listen to these people although they do repackage some info decently. All year long, we've known the fed would have to cut interest eventually or the economy will shit the bed. The latest they'll do this is September because of the election benefit to biden. We also know when this happens, the dollar will devalue and metals will go up. China knows this too and is moving out of a soon to be devalued dollar. Its not rocket science.
Informative Informative x 1 View List

JOE

Quote from: Lokmar on May 21, 2024, 12:48:04 PMjosephine, you really dont need to listen to these people although they do repackage some info decently. All year long, we've known the fed would have to cut interest eventually or the economy will shit the bed. The latest they'll do this is September because of the election benefit to biden. We also know when this happens, the dollar will devalue and metals will go up. China knows this too and is moving out of a soon to be devalued dollar. Its not rocket science.

They say usu the coming summer months will be a slow time for metals until the fall when metal prices should move up more dramatically.

This is what happened last year.

So if that is any indication gold & silver may stall or go sideways for now & then move up come September right through the fall  end of 2024 and early in 2025.

By then gold might surpass $2600 or be in that range.

Maybe silver will be closing in on $34-36 an ounce in 2024? $36- $40 in 2025?

But later in 2025 and after all bets are off & things could get wonky or go haywire. That's when prices could shoot up quite rapidly right into 2026.

...sound about right?

That's just my hunch.

JOE

Hey L okmeer, here's a YT video I just saw from an Industry Expert/Insider who agrees with your idea that Platinum is 'The New Gold' and the place ta be, eh?

Here's a full interview:

His premise rests on the hybrid vehicle industry & the emerging hydrogen energy sector.

Lokmar

Quote from: JOE on May 21, 2024, 01:56:11 PMThey say usu the coming summer months will be a slow time for metals until the fall when metal prices should move up more dramatically.

This is what happened last year.

So if that is any indication gold & silver may stall or go sideways for now & then move up come September right through the fall  end of 2024 and early in 2025.

By then gold might surpass $2600 or be in that range.

Maybe silver will be closing in on $34-36 an ounce in 2024? $36- $40 in 2025?

But later in 2025 and after all bets are off & things could get wonky or go haywire. That's when prices could shoot up quite rapidly right into 2026.

...sound about right?

That's just my hunch.

I say the same pattern will hold. It will continue a steady climb with very short terms of stagnating. In 3 months, silver has increased about $10. No reason to think another $3 to $5 isnt likely.

JOE

Quote from: Lokmar on Today at 10:56:56 AMI say the same pattern will hold. It will continue a steady climb with very short terms of stagnating. In 3 months, silver has increased about $10. No reason to think another $3 to $5 isnt likely.

I don't think yer wrong about Platinum L okmeer.

I'm getting interested in dabbling inta it some more.

Go gradually in, eh.

Gold Silver & Platinum remind me a bit of a line in hockey

Left Wing, Right Wing and the Center.

Maybe Gold is a bit like the Center & the two wingers are Silver & Platinum.

Feed the other other & they feed on each other.

Pass the puck to one when it's goin' good & pass it back to the other when theyre movin' u faster. That's what they do in hockey. You getta good line in hockey and of course they can score a lotta goals.

I'm startin ta look into mining stocks and ETFs too.

Anyways, I noticed Platinum is down today so it may be a good buy right now.

I've decided I'll keep all 3 in my metals portfolio & buy 'em when the time is right.

Mind you, Gold is too expensive now. It's shot up to much. Heck the price of Gold in US dollars is very close to where it was in CANADIAN dollars last year. $2500 US for an ounce of gold. Last year in Canada you could get that for $2600-$2700 CANADIAN. Not anymore tho. That's when I bought most of it.

So..at the current price of Gold, Silver & Platinum seem ever more attractive ta buy into.

May as well buy Platinum if you can get 2.5 ounces of it for every ounce of Gold

Lokmar

Quote from: JOE on Today at 02:40:08 PMI don't think yer wrong about Platinum L okmeer.

I'm getting interested in dabbling inta it some more.

Go gradually in, eh.

Gold Silver & Platinum remind me a bit of a line in hockey

Left Wing, Right Wing and the Center.

Maybe Gold is a bit like the Center & the two wingers are Silver & Platinum.

Feed the other other & they feed on each other.

Pass the puck to one when it's goin' good & pass it back to the other when theyre movin' u faster. That's what they do in hockey. You getta good line in hockey and of course they can score a lotta goals.

I'm startin ta look into mining stocks and ETFs too.

Anyways, I noticed Platinum is down today so it may be a good buy right now.

I've decided I'll keep all 3 in my metals portfolio & buy 'em when the time is right.

Mind you, Gold is too expensive now. It's shot up to much. Heck the price of Gold in US dollars is very close to where it was in CANADIAN dollars last year. $2500 US for an ounce of gold. Last year in Canada you could get that for $2600-$2700 CANADIAN. Not anymore tho. That's when I bought most of it.

So..at the current price of Gold, Silver & Platinum seem ever more attractive ta buy into.

May as well buy Platinum if you can get 2.5 ounces of it for every ounce of Gold

I see it like this:
Gold is real money. It's the king of metals. It also has real world industrial use
Platinum is even more rare but it isnt real money. Its value to industry is huge and its value is demand driven. It behaves the opposite of gold.
Silver is the middle ground. It is money and industrial in balanced amounts. It can and has been more easily manipulated because the money people dont value it as much as gold and the industry people are interested in keeping its price down for their bottom line.
Informative Informative x 1 View List

JOE

Quote from: Lokmar on Today at 03:02:41 PMI see it like this:
Gold is real money. It's the king of metals. It also has real world industrial use
Platinum is even more rare but it isnt real money. Its value to industry is huge and its value is demand driven. It behaves the opposite of gold.
Silver is the middle ground. It is money and industrial in balanced amounts. It can and has been more easily manipulated because the money people dont value it as much as gold and the industry people are interested in keeping its price down for their bottom line.

Well, if that's the case - then given that the economy everywhere seems to be in the doldrums, when it picks back up again, the demand for Platinum & Silver should increase & so should the price.

Seems when the economy is slow, companies and even nations (such as China) start mining or stacking resources. Apart from a sluggish economy this gives them ammo when the economy recovers to start the industrial production again.

Clearly, there is this effort to create this 'New Economy'. Includes Green Technologies, Electric, Hybrid, Hydrogen power. So when they expand the price moves should be even more dramatic than the 10% moves we've seen in the last couple of months.

Other words, buy when the economy and demand is low.

When it picks up, reap the rewards from those investments.

Copper & Lithium should be added to the watchlist as well L okmeer.

I was lookin' around the other day for 1 lb. copper bars.
Guest what? Couldn't find. 'em, they were all sold out, like on this website, Silverbull

https://silvergoldbull.ca/copper?shape=Bar&order=price&dir=desc&c1=GAW_SE_NW&source=CAN_BRD&cr2=search__-__nw__-__can__-__desktop__-__mod_brd&kw=copper_bars_brd&cr5=545814079157&cr7=c&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=search__-__nw__-__can__-__desktop__-__mod_brd&utm_content=search__-__nw__-__can__-__desktop__-__mod_brd&utm_term=copper_bars_brd&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjwr7ayBhAPEiwA6EIGxAWc3MsbYka1CJCh3t4PbUCano6K6R29LtgYRTRl6W6-HTzcKk1HBxoCTbcQAvD_BwE

...if you look for the heavier weights, 1 lb, 10 lb, there's no stock. Just the small coins and bars.