Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 08:57:58 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Tasmania's Newest Tallest Tree

Started by caskur, September 01, 2023, 02:45:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

caskur

Love Love x 1 View List
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Frood

I took my wife and 5 year old to Tassie about 6 years ago...had a fucking ball... loved the scenery...but the best bit was watching my wife and daughter ziplining at extreme heights.

Both girls did me proud.

Though my proudest moment was when our daughter who was strapped to her mother (and in turn strapped to a 2 kilometre line), started yelling and laughing and making some of the most excited noises I've ever heard her make (because she's a pretty stoic soul and always has been).

I have this on video too.  :crampe:

I was so so so so proud of my little girl that day. Even the Ziplining Crew were apprehensive at the start because of her age and their prior issues, and we're like "mom and dad are doing it. Kid wants to and will do it...with smiles".

But we never expected the amount of crazy laughter and glee that came out of that one's lungs.

Love Love x 1 View List
Blahhhhhh...

Reggie Essent

Cool  video, Cas.  :good:

Did I ever tell you I almost moved to Tasmania way back in the early 80s?  Even had a job lined up in Hobart because Australia was really strict about immigration in those days and you had to have a job or a clear means of support to get in.

But then we got pregnant with our firstborn and decided to stay in the States.

I sometimes wonder what my life would have been like had we moved there.

I'd probably talk funny like you and Frood.  :pardon:
Funny As Fuck! Funny As Fuck! x 1 View List

caskur

Quote from: Reggie Essent on September 01, 2023, 01:04:34 PMCool  video, Cas.  :good:

Did I ever tell you I almost moved to Tasmania way back in the early 80s?  Even had a job lined up in Hobart because Australia was really strict about immigration in those days and you had to have a job or a clear means of support to get in.

But then we got pregnant with our firstborn and decided to stay in the States.

I sometimes wonder what my life would have been like had we moved there.

I'd probably talk funny like you and Frood.  :pardon:

I went to Tasmania in 1995 in Winter. I was truly a beautiful place but the capital city was very much like Perth in the 1950s.. buildings were not very high. Less than say 12 stories. Lots of Perth friends relocated to Tasmania.

You should have gone. Lots of Americans escaped America ... My neighbours married daughter is a scientific journalist who lives in San Francisco. Her English husband is a scientific journalist too. Swapping countries intrigues me. They have 2 kids born in the USA. That really is a global family.

I am really proud of her.

"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

I would never leave Australia. I have it too good but I have thought of living in Cornwall, Tasmania or Albany Western Australia.

I live 7 minutes away from the most modern hospital in the Southern Hemisphere and it's free so moving away from such luxury isn't an option.

55 years of Kurts taxes went into building that.
- Andy Warhol

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

caskur

Quote from: Frood on September 01, 2023, 07:42:00 PMWA is a turd bowl though...

:popcorn:

it is... go to the toll bridge states.... they need more tourists!!!

We have great white pointers at our beaches and deadly snakes in our bush, whats left of it.
- Andy Warhol

Frood

Oh wow. Sharks in the ocean and snakes in the bush... I would have never believed it...
Blahhhhhh...

caskur

Quote from: Frood on September 01, 2023, 09:22:15 PMOh wow. Sharks in the ocean and snakes in the bush... I would have never believed it...

I know .... people should just fly on by Australia and go to new Zealand instead.
Funny As Fuck! Funny As Fuck! x 1 View List
- Andy Warhol