The best topic

Replies: 7350
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 04:54:22 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Pierre Pollivere

Started by Herman, September 08, 2023, 09:32:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Herman

The Conservatives are holding their annual convention in Quebec City. Pollivere talks about returning Canada to pre Justine times.

Students walking down safe streets to class. The distant noise of yet another house being built. A young couple sitting on the front porch of their home, soaking up the sun with a cold drink in one hand and a hard-earned paycheque in the other.

For the first time since he became leader, nearly a year ago, Conservative leader Pierre Poilievre painted a clear picture of what he means by his go-to phrase "Bring It Home"

Poilievre went on presenting the choice that will present himself in the next election, whenever it may be: a "common-sense" Conservative government or a "reckless coalition" of the Liberals and the NDP that punishes work, takes your money and unleashes crime and chaos.

"It's the choice between a country where people who work hard can realize their dreams or a country where the government divides between good and bad Canadians," he said in French.

Poilievre took the crowd back to the pre-Trudeau times, eight years ago. He said that inflation and interest rates were rock bottom, taxes were low and the budget was balanced. And despite a financial crisis, wars in Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan and Ukraine, inflation was low.

"Thank you, Stephen Harper," he said, as the crowd cheered.

Herman

Pollivere said, "after eight years of Liberal government, Canadians are smarting from soaring inflation, the high cost of everything and a divisiveness within our nation that's fuelled by self-appointed activists telling us how to live our lives."

Herman

This appeared in the National Post. Quality of life in Canada has gone down the shitter under Justine's watch.

A recent study by the Public Policy Forum into the rise of polarization, appropriately called Far and Widening, said only 50 per cent of the respondents it polled believe voting is the best way to enact change. One person in six said that only taking power from "global elites" would effect real change.

It used to be the case that most people could agree on what many consider to be "Canada's advantage" — an immigration policy that has attracted the best and brightest from around the world.

Yet that too is breaking down, in large part because of careless, incoherent federal government policy.

Last week, a video on social media featured a long lineup of what appeared to be Southeast Asian students queuing to apply for jobs at a Food Basics supermarket in Hamilton, Ont. The comments in response to the video suggested that a nativist backlash to Liberal immigration policy is in full swing.

The government has overseen an explosion in international students coming to Canada — 900,000 this year alone — many of whom are using education as a back door to citizenship.

By paying tuition fees of around $25,000, students can come to Canada, study part-time at a private college, work legally in low-wage jobs and stay in the country for years after graduating. Coupled with a Liberal plan to boost the number of permanent residents to 500,000 by 2025 — double the number from a decade earlier — it is clear that there has been a massive increase in low-skilled immigration that threatens to put pressure on wages at the bottom end of the labour market.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

DKG

Social conservatives within the Tories could reverse the momentum for the party. PP is smart and his laser focus on pocketbook issues is why the Tories have made rapid gains in the polls. Abortion and transgender rights/privileges is a guarantee that Trudeau wins a fourth term. I hope PP does not give the fringes the time of day.

Lokmar

In America for the last 30 years, CONservatives have constantly been looking for excuses why they kept on losing. The reality was, none of our candidates had any real strong moral and national convictions. THATS why they kept losing.

W Bush was pretty milque toast and barely won. oniggrah wasnt exactly middle of the road and he DAMN WELL wasnt the 2nd time. Of course there was cheating during his 2nd election which helped move him over the finish line. Romney just didnt generate enthusiasm because he's softer than baby shit.

Juan McStain lost because everyone knew his "maverick" bullshit to mean he was for illegal immigration and a whole hoast of other liberal bullshit and at the same time, he wanted to occupy the whole fucking planet. Romney was a fucking straight up libtard. I mean the guy implemented  obama care in Taxachusetts. Trump was the most extreme candidate the GOP has ran in the last 100 years at least. He got more votes, 74 million, than he did the first time. Of course biden got 20+ million fake ballots at least.

Maybe Cucknadians are different tho. Maybe they want Trudeau-lite. Fuck it then, just vote Trudeau. At least he has experience.

DKG

Quote from: Lokmar on September 09, 2023, 08:24:51 PMIn America for the last 30 years, CONservatives have constantly been looking for excuses why they kept on losing. The reality was, none of our candidates had any real strong moral and national convictions. THATS why they kept losing.

W Bush was pretty milque toast and barely won. oniggrah wasnt exactly middle of the road and he DAMN WELL wasnt the 2nd time. Of course there was cheating during his 2nd election which helped move him over the finish line. Romney just didnt generate enthusiasm because he's softer than baby shit.

Juan McStain lost because everyone knew his "maverick" bullshit to mean he was for illegal immigration and a whole hoast of other liberal bullshit and at the same time, he wanted to occupy the whole fucking planet. Romney was a fucking straight up libtard. I mean the guy implemented  obama care in Taxachusetts. Trump was the most extreme candidate the GOP has ran in the last 100 years at least. He got more votes, 74 million, than he did the first time. Of course biden got 20+ million fake ballots at least.

Maybe Cucknadians are different tho. Maybe they want Trudeau-lite. Fuck it then, just vote Trudeau. At least he has experience.
Justin Trudeau is a very unpopular pm. Something like eighty percent of Canadians want new federal leadership. Pierre Pollivere's two predecessor's were very weak leaders. If an election were held today, Pierre Pollivere would be pm with a majority.

Thiel

338Canada.com has the Conservatives winning 178 seats if an election were held today. Remember that is an aggregate of surveys over the past month. Trudeau's continue to plummet.
gay, conservative and proud

Brent

For the first time in my life, I will vote for the Conservatives in the next election. I won't be in Canada, but I will go to the Canadian embassy in Panama to vote for Pierre Pollivere.

JOE

Quote from: Herman on September 08, 2023, 09:38:07 PMPollivere said, "after eight years of Liberal government, Canadians are smarting from soaring inflation, the high cost of everything and a divisiveness within our nation that's fuelled by self-appointed activists telling us how to live our lives."

As a traditionally Liberal party supporter I agree with you Herman. Its time for the Liberals and Trudeau to go. Their policies have become way out of whack with the nation.

And yes...getta immigration policy which makes sense. The current state of the economy cannot justify this much of an influx if new immigrants

Big problem with the Liberals is that Jagmeet Singh appears to be runnin the show. In a larger measure getting rid of this edition would be getting rid of Singh too.

He's reminiscent of that Bearded Rasputin character whos got an unhealthy influence on the government

JOE

We need to take turns

The Tories had 10 years

And the Liberals had their 10

There should be a rotation of power every now and then to keep the wheels of democracy fresh to prevent them from rusting so the damn machine can keep on movin

Shen Li

Quote from: JOE on October 02, 2023, 06:50:18 PMWe need to take turns

The Tories had 10 years

And the Liberals had their 10

There should be a rotation of power every now and then to keep the wheels of democracy fresh to prevent them from rusting so the damn machine can keep on movin
All the "choices" in Canada suck because none of them offer the people a real alternative.

The PAP has been the governing party in Singapore since it was kicked out of Malaysia. They are not owned by woke money like your country's parties are and they have done an excellent job of serving Singaporeans.

JOE

Quote from: Shen Li on October 02, 2023, 07:37:29 PMAll the "choices" in Canada suck because none of them offer the people a real alternative.

The PAP has been the governing party in Singapore since it was kicked out of Malaysia. They are not owned by woke money like your country's parties are and they have done an excellent job of serving Singaporeans.

I hear the Malaysians don't like the Chinese.

Muslims too.

Islam and China in a mix are like pouring water and oil together in boiling pot.

Oerdin

Quote from: Brent on September 30, 2023, 10:36:28 PMFor the first time in my life, I will vote for the Conservatives in the next election. I won't be in Canada, but I will go to the Canadian embassy in Panama to vote for Pierre Pollivere.

What are you doing on Panama?

Shen Li

Quote from: JOE on October 04, 2023, 12:26:17 PMI hear the Malaysians don't like the Chinese.

Muslims too.

Islam and China in a mix are like pouring water and oil together in boiling pot.
Malaysian Muslims are jealous of Chinese.

Thiel

Trudeau has just made it mandatory for online streaming services whose business is above $10 million to formally register with the government for "regulatory controls."

What sort of controls would those be? We don't know. Would they move in the future to lower the $10 million floor? We don't know.

It might depend on how the government feels their control is working out.

Does Trudeau defend free speech? He has said: "We will always defend freedom of expression, but everyone must act respectfully toward others and not try to needlessly or arbitrarily hurt someone we share this planet and society with."

So we are back to feelings over rights again. That is a weak defence of free speech, leaving it to him to determine what is acceptable.

The messy, sometimes hurtful back and forth in public debate is vital.

I would rather have my feelings hurt than to have the government act against the person who hurt them.

Conservative Leader Pierre Poilievre said "Conservatives will repeal Trudeau's censorship, and restore freedom of expression for one and all."
gay, conservative and proud