Last post: Today at 03:17:14 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by deport_liberals

Pierre Pollivere

Started by Herman, September 08, 2023, 09:32:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oerdin

Just how conservative is PP?

Shen Li

Quote from: Oerdin on December 30, 2023, 08:40:44 PMJust how conservative is PP?
Fiscally, he is moderately conservative.

Everything else is on an issue by issue basis. He wants to defund and possibly privatize the CBC. He won't pull Canada out of the destructive Paris Accord, but his first bill will be to repeal the carbon tax. YAY!!

He won't touch immigration. Unsustainable immigration is here to stay no matter who wins the next election. On social issues like tampons in men's rooms in federal buildings, he hasn't said much or I'm unaware of where he stands.

Oerdin

All it sounds like is he will stop making it worse but won't bother to fix anything.

Herman

Quote from: Shen Li on December 30, 2023, 09:12:59 PMFiscally, he is moderately conservative.

Everything else is on an issue by issue basis. He wants to defund and possibly privatize the CBC. He won't pull Canada out of the destructive Paris Accord, but his first bill will be to repeal the carbon tax. YAY!!

He won't touch immigration. Unsustainable immigration is here to stay no matter who wins the next election. On social issues like tampons in men's rooms in federal buildings, he hasn't said much or I'm unaware of where he stands.
I don't know where you are getting your information. He criticized Justine for wasting our money on the tampons for guys bullshit. He has been critical of Justine for allowing illegals travelling through the US to enter illegally at the Roxham Road entrance. Pollivere will lower immigration levels, but he will not make it a campaign issue.

Herman

Unless there is a revolt in the Liberal Party, Justine will lead them into the next election. He wants to frame the next election that he aint running on his record against Pollivere. He is calling Pollivere a MAGA conservative with dangerous ideas that he will protect us from.

I like a lot of what old Pollivere wants to do. But, I know he aint no populist like Trump, the prime minister of Italy or Geert Wilders in Holland. He is the type of leader the owner of this forum likes. Smart economic management and controlled spending.

Shen Li

Quote from: Herman on December 30, 2023, 10:10:34 PMI don't know where you are getting your information. He criticized Justine for wasting our money on the tampons for guys bullshit. He has been critical of Justine for allowing illegals travelling through the US to enter illegally at the Roxham Road entrance. Pollivere will lower immigration levels, but he will not make it a campaign issue.
I never saw that or read it.

DKG

Quote from: Oerdin on December 30, 2023, 08:40:44 PMJust how conservative is PP?
When the former Liberal-lite leader was condemning the anti-mandate protests in Ottawa, Pierre Pollivere was one of the few voices in parliament saying they were peaceful and their demands reasonable.

His platform is based around promoting a version of freedom that states that governments should play less of a role in the lives of citizens. His platform also highlights the worsening inflation crisis, and says that sharply reducing government spending will help solve the issue.

Energy
Poilievre has promised to cancel Ottawa's carbon price on consumer goods and build more pipelines. His platform states that one of the best ways Canada could reduce global emissions is build more LNG export facilities and pipelines to get natural gas to markets that currently rely on coal for electricity.

Government budgets
He promised to enact a "Pay-As-You-Go Law" that would cap federal spending at its budgeted amount and force it to find savings when something new is added. Poilievre says emergencies such as natural disasters and pandemics would be exempt from his rule, but new spending projects would require officials to look at existing budgets and to find what can be cut or changed to curb spending.

Freedom of expression
Poilievre said a government led by him would promote free speech on university campuses by withholding federal funding to institutions that don't commit to doing so. He also promises to appoint a former judge as a "free speech guardian" to probe any alleged violations.

Bank of Canada
Poilievre pledged to adopt a bill first introduced by former Conservative leader Andrew Scheer, who helped with his campaign, that would subject the central bank to the federal auditor general. He also received intense criticism for a promise to fire Tiff Macklem as the Bank of Canada governor over the country's high rate of inflation. Poilievre also promised to ban the central bank's proposed digital currency, although early in the campaign he also pledged that a Poilievre government would make it easier for Canadians to use cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin.

Housing
Poilievre said he'd force cities such as Toronto and Vancouver to increase new home building by 15 per cent, under threat of losing federal funding, in an effort to bring down housing prices. He also promised a slate of other measures, including paying an extra $10,000 to municipalities for every new home that is built, and converting federal properties into affordable housing. He would remove federal green requirements that discourage new housing development.

Immigration
He promised to incentivize provincial governments to ensure licensing bodies rule on newcomers' applications within 60 days. Poilievre also said he would provide more study loans to those immigrating to Canada who need extra training to meet licensing requirements. This country has too many doctor and engineer immigrants working as security guards. He has promised to speed up decisions and clear the backlog of refugee claimants. He would also enforce the agreement with the US that immediately sends refugee claimants back to the country they last came from if they have an existing refugee claim there. Both Biden and Trudeau have ignored this agreement.

Oerdin

He sounds like a moderate who will make slight changes for the better, block additional stupidity, but won't do the massive roll back Canada needs to actually spark growth and innovation again.  Basically, just a controlled decline instead of Tru-rump's nose dive into 3rd world status.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Brent

There is no bigger issue than Canada's out of control immigration levels. It is far bigger than  Trudeau's beloved carbon tax. It affects everything from health care to housing to education. No party in parliament will do what needs to be done and support a moratorium on immigration.

DKG

Quote from: Oerdin on December 31, 2023, 02:46:08 PMHe sounds like a moderate who will make slight changes for the better, block additional stupidity, but won't do the massive roll back Canada needs to actually spark growth and innovation again.  Basically, just a controlled decline instead of Tru-rump's nose dive into 3rd world status.
I disagree. As I was discussing with Lokmar in another thread, the pm we had before Trudeau was Justin's polar opposite. Stephen Harper is a brilliant economist. Under his prudent watch, we had low taxes, low inflation and a richer middle class than the US.

Pierre Pollivere is back to the future. Stephen Harper is still active behind the scenes.
Informative Informative x 1 View List

Brent

Quote from: DKG on January 01, 2024, 02:43:35 PMI disagree. As I was discussing with Lokmar in another thread, the pm we had before Trudeau was Justin's polar opposite. Stephen Harper is a brilliant economist. Under his prudent watch, we had low taxes, low inflation and a richer middle class than the US.

Pierre Pollivere is back to the future. Stephen Harper is still active behind the scenes.
We accepted fewer immigrants under Harper, but we stiil accepted too many.

DKG

Quote from: Brent on January 02, 2024, 12:15:21 PMWe accepted fewer immigrants under Harper, but we stiil accepted too many.
Annual intake will drop under PP. But, they will be quiet about it.

Brent

A quote from Pierre Pillivere.

"So the Davos billionaires board their private jets after lecturing the world's working people about heating their homes and driving to work.

I will ban all my ministers from any involvement in the World Economic Forum."

This guy understands the working classes. This is the first time in my life I have given a compliment to a Conservative politician.

Thiel

gay, conservative and proud

Thiel

Pierre Poilievre said Wednesday his party is vehemently opposed to the government's forthcoming online harms legislation, a bill designed to combat hate speech, terrorist content and some violent material on the internet.

Saying he won't accept "Justin Trudeau's woke authoritarian agenda," Poilievre said the primJustin Trudeau said anyone who criticized him during the pandemic was engaging in hate speeche minister and his government shouldn't be deciding what constitutes "hate speech" online and called the legislation an "attack on freedom of expression."

Justin Trudeau said anyone who criticized him during the pandemic was engaging in hate speech.  Trudeau's COVID-era comment that trucker convoy protesters were "a small fringe minority" who were "holding unacceptable views."

Hate speech in Canada is any speech that Justin Trudeau hates.
gay, conservative and proud