The best topic

Replies: 7352
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 06:01:25 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Garraty_47

Loonie Left's Double Standards With Anti-Israel Protests

Started by Anonymous, July 26, 2014, 03:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

Today in moonbat-infested Seattle:

Leftists Stage "Die-In" Outside Boeing HQ To Shame Them For Selling Weapons To Israel

hmmm ....  Bo(e)ing  Bo(e)ing  Bo(e)ing
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Renee

Quote from: "cc li tarte"LOL - you got him pegged

How can one not have him pegged? Any debate he enters becomes a circle jerk of diversion and counter questions that have little bearing on the point at hand.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Romero

QuoteGaza's Christians bury their first casualty of the war

Jalila Ayyad's widower George still had a black eye and bloodstains on his shirt as he processed ahead of her coffin, hours after the air strike that destroyed their home.

Jalila, 60, was the first Christian casualty of a bloody Gaza war.

She is also survived by two sons, but one could not be at her funeral because he is in hospital with serious wounds suffered in Sunday afternoon's Israeli strike.

The simple coffin -- white with a black cross -- was carried reverently down the marble stairs of the cemetery, and into the chapel of the Saint Porphyrius Greek Orthodox church in Gaza City.

"She died under the rubble," said Jalila's nephew, Fuad Ayyad.

"Both her legs were crushed after the house collapsed with her, her husband and son inside."

An Orthodox priest in a black gown read passages from the Bible and swung an incense receptacle, as the coffin was set down beneath an ornate ceiling of gold leaf images of saints, their names written in Arabic and Greek.

An icon of the Virgin Mary was placed upon Jalila's coffin, and some two dozen relatives sang "Hallelujah" as the afternoon call to prayer rose from the minaret of the adjacent mosque.

Her funeral was a sombre and respectful affair, but momentarily took on a political dimension when one member of the parish picked up a microphone and railed against Israel's bombardment of the small Palestinian coastal territory.

"This Palestinian Arab Christian woman died in shelling by the Israeli occupation," the speaker shouted angrily.

"There are massacres here every day. This is what happens to the Palestinian people. Where's the world, where's the international community in all this?"

"The bombs hit and kill -- they don't discriminate between civilian or militant," he said.

http://news.yahoo.com/gazas-christians-bury-first-casualty-war-031707490.html">//http://news.yahoo.com/gazas-christians-bury-first-casualty-war-031707490.html

Anyone wish to call these Christians "defenders of Islam"?

Romero

Quote'No more deaths': Thousands of Israelis protest the Gaza war

Some 5,000 Israelis on Saturday evening protested the war in Gaza under the banner, "No more deaths – Israeli-Palestinian peace, now." The protest took place at Rabin Square in central Tel Aviv.

Speakers included Hadash MK Dov Khenin, an Israeli and Palestinian veteran from the organization Combatants for Peace, and Yifat Solel, the head of the Meretz party's anti-occupation forum. Meretz, however, did not back the demonstration as a party. Ben Kfir of the Parents' Circle, whose daughter was killed in a Hamas suicide bombing in 2003, also spoke, refuting the government's claim that there is no partner for peace among the Palestinians. The speakers criticized the government for its attitude toward peace negotiations, and for resorting to war as a default policy. Demonstrators chanted "Jews and Arabs refuse to be enemies," called for an end to the occupation and the siege on Gaza, and lit candles to commemorate the victims.

Roughly 300 right-wing counter-protesters were on the scene trying to reach the main demonstration, audibly chanting "Death to Arabs" while Sulaiman Khatib, co-founder of Combatants for Peace, spoke. A large police presence circled the square in order to keep the sides separate.

Soon after the demonstration dispersed, counter-protesters began following the demonstrators home. Verbal attacks turned physically violent; one anti-war demonstrator was beaten with a metal rod and required stitches, and two were attacked with pepper spray.

http://972mag.com/no-more-deaths-israelis-protest-the-gaza-war/94380/">//http://972mag.com/no-more-deaths-israelis-protest-the-gaza-war/94380/

RW

So the complaint is people are doing something but you don't think they are doing enough something?  hahahaha
Beware of Gaslighters!

cc

Irony overload!!

http://www.timesofisrael.com/protesters-call-for-end-to-war-in-tel-aviv/">Israeli Leftists Have Their Peace Rally Cut Short When Hamas Starts Firing Rockets At Them

Several thousand left-wing activists gathered in Tel Aviv's Rabin Square on Saturday evening, calling for an end to bloodshed in the Gaza Strip and a return to negotiations with the Palestinians

The demonstrations were cut short when Hamas unilaterally ended a humanitarian truce with Israel and resumed rocket-fire from Gaza.

RW

cc, maybe you can explain to me what was so terrible in their message.  It is reported as the following:

Several thousand left-wing activists gathered in Tel Aviv's Rabin Square on Saturday evening, calling for an end to bloodshed in the Gaza Strip and a return to negotiations with the Palestinians. Slogans chanted by the protesters included "Stop the war," "Bring the soldiers back home" and "Jews and Arabs refuse to be enemies," Channel 2 reported.

Ahead of the event, the rally's organizers said on its Facebook page: "In the face of the war which is taking a heavy, bloody toll of dead and injured on both sides, of destruction and terror, of bombings and rockets, we will stand and demand: End the war now!

"Instead of being dragged again and again into more wars and more military operations, it is now time to lead a path of discourse and a diplomatic agreement. There is a diplomatic solution. What price will we pay — we, the residents of the south and the rest of Israel, and the residents of Gaza and the West Bank – until we come to it?"

Also, if "several hundred right-wing activists held a counter-rally at the scene" does that mean they don't want to see the above highlighted?
Beware of Gaslighters!

cc

Are you in favor of leaving rockets in Hamas hands? ... rockets they WILL use in the future unless destroyed

Are you in favor of leaving the tunnels dug to kill and kidnap civilians? ... tunnels they WILL use in the future unless destroyed

If so, then I suppose ending the cleanup would seem logical.

If one is not in favor of that, destroying as much of Hamas as possible would be logical.

If one knows even a tiny bit of what Hamas stands for and its openly EXPRESSED religious / ideological intention to exterminate Israelis (not to mention all other non-believers)  they would know that
Quote"There is a diplomatic solution"
is ludicrous ... no .... suicidal[/i]
Quote"Instead of being dragged again and again into more wars and more military operations, it is now time to lead a path of discourse and a diplomatic agreement.
Instead of being dragged again and again into more wars and more military operations, it is now time to stop Hamas once and for all .... otherwise they will just continue as before .. and Israel will be "dragged again and again into more wars and more military operations" .

The past years has seen Hamas amassing rockets and digging tunnels (not to mention indoctrinating their kiddies into another generation of raw hate)  ... rockets to shoot at civilians  ... tunnels to attack and kidnap civilians.

Does anyone actually think they will have an "awakening" and suddenly stop? Whatever would make anyone think they will stop their kranny-driven obsession .. when it is the very foundation of their Muslim Brotherhood and the one thing they say matters to them?

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"
Quote'No more deaths': Thousands of Israelis protest the Gaza war

Hmmm, Israel is a liberal democracy, so know surprise here. What would be something is if thousands of people in Gaza protested the actions of Hamas.

Quoteirony overload

Israeli Leftists Have Their Peace Rally Cut Short When Hamas Starts Firing Rockets At Them

Major irony overload CC. :lol:  :o

RW,

I am not protesting the actions of either side in this conflict. Israel does not want senseless destruction unlike their opponents. I am pointing what many other people around the world have pointed out and that is how ridiculously hypocritical it is to single out Israel as a bully while keeping their mouths zipped about Israel's enemies who are much more violent. Such people have zero credibility.

RW

Everyone knows the "other guys" are violent.  If people don't, it's because they live under a rock.  What often gets neglected by air time is Isreal's role.  I'm not versed in this (save the spanking cc) but I'm betting Isreal hasn't been the picture of innocence in all of this either.  I could see people wanting to note that as well.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Total aside but I actually have a scarf from Yasser Arafat himself that was gift from a trip to Palestine (No, I didn't take said trip). It's a weird thing to have something that was in his hands.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"Everyone knows the "other guys" are violent.  If people don't, it's because they live under a rock.  What often gets neglected by air time is Isreal's role.  I'm not versed in this (save the spanking cc) but I'm betting Isreal hasn't been the picture of innocence in all of this either.  I could see people wanting to note that as well.

In my church, the pastoral staff and deacons have taken a one sided stance too in favour of Israel..

We pray for Israel's leaders and their success and that casualties are low, but we don't pray for the leadership of the other side..

Yes, I noticed more actions critical of Israel than the other side here in Calgary..

But, among Christians the opposite is true..

I can understand  Shen Li and cc li tarte getting annoyed with the bias they see because I see it too, but in reverse among Christians.

keeper

<starts singing>

Loonies to the left of me...... Double Standards to the right

Stuck in the middle of you.............

Anonymous

Quote from: "Keeper"<starts singing>

Loonies to the left of me...... Double Standards to the right

Stuck in the middle of you.............

Lol Keeps!! We need a least one sane poster.....might as well be you. :lol: