News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 7375
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 04:46:53 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Odinson

Can you buy a plot of land in a trailer park?

Started by JOE, October 02, 2023, 10:16:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE

....is it possible such as a freehold or fee simple arrangement?

Or is it all renting or limited lease for short period of time?

I wonder if Dove knows or can comment

Ive been thinking about alternatives to living in the city or apartment buildings

I really dont wanna go the condo route and buy a strata. One of my relatives actually inherited a condo outright with no pre-existing debt. However what happened is he drained his finances through monthly strata fees (referred to as HOMA fees in the US) and maintenance costs which got passed onto him and all the other occupants of the bldg

And as the bldg ages the costs keep mounting and the demands from the strata council for more repairs

So he can't really afford to stay in the bldg other than to continually take out reverse mortgages which is decimating his equity in the strata.

So I'd rather avoid his predicament and perhaps mistakes as he could have sold that condo when he inherited it and bought some land instead or perhaps a trailer

Anyway so I was just wondering if trailer parks offer that option of land ownership

Lokmar

How's my gold doing josephine? Keeping it safe for me for when the SHTF?  :popcorn:
Funny As Fuck! Funny As Fuck! x 1 View List

JOE

Quote from: Lokmar on October 03, 2023, 12:24:01 AMHow's my gold doing josephine? Keeping it safe for me for when the SHTF?  :popcorn:

Got 10 worth....Lokmeer.

But Gold aint doin' so good lately, Bud.

It's been droppin' like a rock.

Silver too.

They say were gonna have a recession soon if we aren't in one already, eh?

Lokmar

Quote from: JOE on October 03, 2023, 01:06:47 AMGot 10 worth....Lokmeer.

Silver too.

Keep buying josephine. Gold is going to $3200/oz within 10 years. You wont listen tho. You never do.

Frood

Quote from: JOE on October 02, 2023, 10:16:43 PM....is it possible such as a freehold or fee simple arrangement?

Ive been thinking about alternatives to living in the city or apartment buildings

I really dont wanna go the condo route and buy a strata. One of my relatives actually inherited a condo outright with no pre-existing debt. However what happened is he drained his finances through monthly strata fees (referred to as HOMA fees in the US) and maintenance costs which got passed onto him and all the other occupants of the bldg

And as the bldg ages the costs keep mounting and the demands from the strata council for more repairs

So he can't really afford to stay in the bldg other than to continually take out reverse mortgages which is decimating his equity in the strata.

So I'd rather avoid his predicament and perhaps mistakes as he could have sold that condo when he inherited it and bought some land instead or perhaps a trailer

Anyway so I was just wondering if trailer parks offer that option of land ownership

Generally....no.

If you owned it outright, it wouldn't be a valid part of the park.

There are a few here or there.... relics from decades ago... being phased out when they occupants die from old age.

If you want to live small, research rural land that doesn't bar the owners from building or planting a modular home or tiny house...(zoning and councils).
Winner Winner x 1 View List
Blahhhhhh...

JOE

Quote from: Frood on October 03, 2023, 04:35:48 AMGenerally....no.

If you owned it outright, it wouldn't be a valid part of the park.

There are a few here or there.... relics from decades ago... being phased out when they occupants die from old age.

If you want to live small, research rural land that doesn't bar the owners from building or planting a modular home or tiny house...(zoning and councils).

So they kinda trap would be homeowners that way, huh?

Cut off one option and then force them to be inta stratas.

I see that a lot where I live.

"If you buy now, we'll give you 2 months free."

An attractive entry price point, low monthly strata/homa/maintenance fees.

And of course when they got their down payments, the strata fees keep going up.

And as the buildings age, so do the need for repairs which become costlier by the year.

Maybe I'll jes find a plot of land and sit on it for a while.

Then take out a loan build a house/structure/trailer on it one day, eh?

Adolf Oliver Bush

Quote from: JOE on October 03, 2023, 01:06:47 AMGot 10 worth....Lokmeer.

Silver too.

Supply and demand strikes again. When money's too tight to mention, people have less use for precious baubles in the face of more immediate concerns.

I told you this would happen.
Informative Informative x 1 View List
Her fucking fupa looked like a pair of ass cheeks... like someone naked ran into her head first and got stuck. She was like "come eat me out" and I was like "nah I think I'll go snort some anthrax and light myself on fire instead"

- Biggie Smiles

JOE

Here's a short video on the costs of building a bare bones standard sized home on an inexpensive piece of land without the interior finishing or the extras in US$:

...not sure how accurate this guy's prices/figures are.

In your own experience(s), anyone here care to comment what he missed or failed to mention in his cost estimate?

Dove

Quote from: JOE on October 02, 2023, 10:16:43 PM....is it possible such as a freehold or fee simple arrangement?

Hey now. Just because i was living in a trailer doesn't mean I know shit about trailer parks lol.

The place I lived was technically a camp ground. Owned by a family.

As far as I know...you can't just buy a lot in a trailer park.

If you want to live in a trailer or mod home....or tiny home...you can purchase land for that. That's what we were going to do. Or what I thought we were going to do.
My happiness is all of your misery. I put good dick all in my kidneys.

JOE

Quote from: Dove on October 10, 2023, 06:07:08 PMHey now. Just because i was living in a trailer doesn't mean I know shit about trailer parks lol.

If you want to live in a trailer or mod home....or tiny home...you can purchase land for that. That's what we were going to do. Or what I thought we were going to do.

Thanks for your reply Dove.

So that's what I should do - look for a vacant lot of land somewhere outside my city.

Surprisingly, there still are some empty lots somewhat close to Vancouver that are still affordable. Not many but there's at least still a few. Vancouver has some of the highest property prices in North America. So I have no intention of ever buying here. A bachelor suite in my city is about the same price as a house in many cities in the States. I could rent for the next 30 years and it would be cheaper than buying a condo in my city.

Ironically, Vancouver is surrounded by the Sea and yet with all this available body of water they discourage people into alternative housing such as houseboats. I looked into it, and there's this huge waiting list for houseboat settlement. And if they are available, they're really expensive. So of course, they want people to buy into these condos.

Essentially, the city planners and politicians here are in kahoots with the developers and big money so they can line their pockets.

They claim they are interested in helping the people and solving the housing/homeless problem, but their actions make it clear that they are not.

Oliver the Second

DKG

Quote from: Dove on October 10, 2023, 06:07:08 PMHey now. Just because i was living in a trailer doesn't mean I know shit about trailer parks lol.

Joe does not care. He wants attention.

JOE

Quote from: DKG on October 10, 2023, 07:29:38 PMJoe does not care. He wants attention.

This is all you get for $250,000 Canadian ($180,000 US) in Vancouver, DKG:

https://www.rew.ca/properties/5408297/1607-1251-cardero-street-vancouver-bc?direction=asc&page=1&search_params%5Bquery%5D=Vancouver%2C+BC&searchable_id=361&searchable_type=Geography&sort=price?direction=asc&page=1&search_params%5Bquery%5D=Vancouver%2C+BC&searchable_id=361&searchable_type=Geography&sort=price

..."A Prepaid lease to 2073"

That's all you get for yer money in Vancouver.

450 sq feet of nothin'

That's why I wanna get the hell outta here.

That's horseshit.

That's a lotta fuckin' money to be paying for something that isn't even permanent.

Even adjusted for inflation you could buy a house for that much back in the 90s. I remember when houses were selling for $100,000 then. So if you inflate that money, that's about $200-250,000 today.

Thiel

Jo Jo, you can come live at my house. I have a large property perfect for us to grow our own beautiful garden. Doesn't that sound tempting.
Funny As Fuck! Funny As Fuck! x 1 View List
gay, conservative and proud

TheProwler

Why is Old Man Joe going through this stage of his life now?

Most people his age are looking to downsize.

Is this because you came into a big chunk of money when your mother passed, Joe?  So you finally get to do things that regular adults do, like house shop?

How much cash are you working with, Senile Joe?