Total votes: : 3

Last post: May 07, 2024, 01:28:44 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

The Blue Cashew needs a separate Money Sense/Economics/Investing sub-forum

Started by JOE, January 01, 2024, 01:07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE

...what say you, folk?

I propose an apolitical(as much as possible) where folks here can discuss money matters, investing, household budgets, the economy, the markets etc. Regardless of political stripe it's a topic of wide interest.

Anyways, that just an idea. Maybe DKG could be the host.

I figger it's better than crowding just one sub-forum at the moment and having a wide array of topics.

JOE

Quote from: DKG on January 01, 2024, 01:20:14 PMhttps://thebluecashew.net/index.php/topic,3485.0.html

...but the trouble is...you have too many topics or sub-topics in one thread, DKG. so while there is some interesting information, it's difficult ta follow at times. And then of course, people interject, go way off topic and start discussing Trump, Biden or somebody else. So there's a lotta irrelevant info that should be culled.

If you don't start one, I will over at VF. That evs/bec would be quite accommodating. Just take yer idea, but divide it inta different topics that people can discuss on a non- or a- political basis. Real estate, stocks, debt management, household budgets/finance, whatever.

And I would leave politics out of it. Just say if people start arguing about politics or attacking each other over it, those threads or posts just git thrown in the sub-forum dumpster.

As you're aware, websites like YouTube have thousands of channels or videos devoted to various Money topics.

I think it'd be an interesting sub-forum, DKG.

It'd be like my Resource sub-forum, but exclusively about money.

DKG

We have a money matters thread. Post in it, don't post in, I don't care.

If you want to start another self-indulgent trolling thread knock yourself out.

JOE

Quote from: DKG on January 01, 2024, 01:41:53 PMWe have a money matters thread. Post in it, don't post in, I don't care.

If you want to start another self-indulgent trolling thread knock yourself out.

Well...my the new sub-forum I'm proposing, would be just like yer MoneySense thread...only it'll be a sub-forum divided into several categories so people can post of comment on them or whatever Money realated or investing topic interests them.

The problem with your money sense thread, is that while it's a good idea, it lacks coherence and organization.

DKG

Quote from: JOE on January 01, 2024, 01:46:22 PMWell...my the new sub-forum I'm proposing, would be just like yer MoneySense thread...only it'll be a sub-forum divided into several categories so people can post of comment on them or whatever Money realated or investing topic interests them.

The problem with your money sense thread, is that while it's a good idea, it lacks organization.
I can ask Biggie to stickie the money matters thread. It's the best I can do.

Nobody else has asked for a new sub. I can't ask Biggie to create one just for you.

Lokmar

Quote from: JOE on January 01, 2024, 01:46:22 PMWell...my the new sub-forum I'm proposing, would be just like yer MoneySense thread...only it'll be a sub-forum divided into several categories so people can post of comment on them or whatever Money realated or investing topic interests them.

The problem with your money sense thread, is that while it's a good idea, it lacks coherence and organization.

STFU josephine. You were already told.
Funny As Fuck! Funny As Fuck! x 1 View List

Thiel

Quote from: JOE on January 01, 2024, 01:07:32 PM...what say you, folk?

I propose an apolitical(as much as possible) where folks here can discuss money matters, investing, household budgets, the economy, the markets etc. Regardless of political stripe it's a topic of wide interest.

Anyways, that just an idea. Maybe DKG could be the host.

I figger it's better than crowding just one sub-forum at the moment and having a wide array of topics.
Sweetie, I make the money and I manage it. Now go play with your hockey cards.
gay, conservative and proud

TheProwler

Personally, I only buy things that appreciate in value or that I can use to generate profit and I am staying away from the stock market because some people are predicting a correction in 2024 or 2025 or 2026 and I will not buy real estate in Vancouver because a parking lot costs millions of dollars there and I will buy some land in the forest and live in a trailer or build a tiny home or build a cabin or build a house and what does everyone think?

JOE

Quote from: TheProwler on January 01, 2024, 07:52:45 PMPersonally, I only buy things that appreciate in value or that I can use to generate profit and I am staying away from the stock market because some people are predicting a correction in 2024 or 2025 or 2026 and I will not buy real estate in Vancouver because a parking lot costs millions of dollars there and I will buy some land in the forest and live in a trailer or build a tiny home or build a cabin or build a house and what does everyone think?

Well Prowler, I think buying a piece of raw land is better 'n buying a condo, eh?

Heck the last I looked, the land hoarders have even snapped up the cheapest apartments in Vancouver, so the entry level for one here is $400,000.

Not interested, eh.

TheProwler

DKG

Oliver the Second

What about a board where users can have their own sticky threads?

I don't really care about money all that much but I would love to have a conspiracy thread  :t9006: 

Been in any Jewish tunnels lately?
Funny As Fuck! Funny As Fuck! x 1 View List

Thiel

Quote from: Oliver the Second on January 10, 2024, 08:00:21 PMWhat about a board where users can have their own sticky threads?

I don't really care about money all that much but I would love to have a conspiracy thread  :t9006: 

Been in any Jewish tunnels lately?
I haven't read all the details, but I believe it was under an altra-orthodox synagogue. And those they found under it were from a different denomination.
gay, conservative and proud