The best topic

Replies: 8292
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 01:13:28 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Blazor

Top 10 Places to live in the World for $1000 USD per month

Started by JOE, October 14, 2023, 05:29:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Lokmar

Quote from: TheProwler on November 01, 2023, 12:48:36 PMThat Bugatti costs $9 million.

Hahahaha!!!

I've also read that it costs $20K for a set of tires for them too. Nobody is road racing those cars either.

JOE

Quote from: Lokmar on November 01, 2023, 01:21:40 PMjosephine is a tard. Buying rare coinage is ok during normal times but in a SHTF situation, you'll be lucky to get 1/4 what you paid. Buying junk silver and gold coinage that DOESNT have inflated values over much more than the gold is worth is better.

yeah, I def bought too much 'collector gold' in the last while...Lokmeer!
I gotta fuckin' STOP, Man!

I'm switching back to buying just bullion.

Actually, since you mention silver, I think the precious metal which will outperform it and perhaps even gold one day is Platinum - cuz most of the world's supply is in South Africa - which is a geopolitically unstable region of the world. But exceedingly high in mineral wealth. Also, they appear to be aligning themselves with China and Russia vis a vis BRICS. That'll surely put a strain on the world supply & I think BRICS will use that as a bargaining chip to blackmail the West along withholding its other raw materials. Cut off or limit the supply y'know. Palladium is in the same boat too. Both are depressed in value these days but many times rarer than Gold. And Palladium is even rarer than Platinum apparently.

Silver may still go up and have its moment but I'd keep an eye on Platinum - which I think is 'the New Silver' Lokmeer. I think that Silver is still just a bit too common. It's often referred to as a 'Poor Man's Gold'.

Perhaps Oerdin can weigh on this since that's his background.

Lokmar

Quote from: JOE on November 01, 2023, 06:18:22 PMyeah, I def bought too much 'collector gold' in the last while...Lokmeer!
I gotta fuckin' STOP, Man!

I'm switching back to buying just bullion.

Actually, since you mention silver, I think the precious metal which will outperform it and perhaps even gold one day is Platinum - cuz most of the world's supply is in South Africa - which is a geopolitically unstable region of the world. But exceedingly high in mineral wealth. Also, they appear to be aligning themselves with China and Russia vis a vis BRICS. That'll surely put a strain on the world supply & I think BRICS will use that as a bargaining chip to blackmail the West along withholding its other raw materials. Cut off or limit the supply y'know. Palladium is in the same boat too. Both are depressed in value these days but many times rarer than Gold. And Palladium is even rarer than Platinum apparently.

Silver may still go up and have its moment but I'd keep an eye on Platinum - which I think is 'the New Silver' Lokmeer. I think that Silver is still just a bit too common. It's often referred to as a 'Poor Man's Gold'.

Perhaps Oerdin can weigh on this since that's his background.

Over the next 10 years, if there's a drop in car catalysts from EV transition that isnt replaced by another type of demand, platinum and palladium, might stagnate. If there's a new market need though, they could go through the roof. In general, I think they're good for wealth preservation. Silver is likely the best growth investment. Gold is the next best after silver IMO.

Get rid of those collector coins as soon as you can make a few bucks.

JOE

Quote from: Lokmar on November 01, 2023, 06:44:46 PMOver the next 10 years, if there's a drop in car catalysts from EV transition that isnt replaced by another type of demand, platinum and palladium, might stagnate. If there's a new market need though, they could go through the roof. In general, I think they're good for wealth preservation. Silver is likely the best growth investment. Gold is the next best after silver IMO.

That's exactly what an Engineer specializing in Manufacturing told me the other day. He said the demand will wax and wane depending on what applications or new technologies are found for it. So if something new comes along that needs it, then the demand for Platinum or Palladium will grow. But he classified both as 'luxury type' metals for higher end or more expensive items. I suppose he meant high end cars $200,000 or more. He indicated that even if demand for them remains low and declines, there will still be wanted, but just in the higher end.

I spoke to another guy with a PhD in physics and he said there's a push to use Nickel and make it viable because it's plentiful and cheap. However, it's not nearly as good a conductor as the expensive precious metals like Platinum or even silver. He added that unfortuantely the most expensive metals/elements are still the best and most efficient conductors.

Lokmar

Quote from: JOE on November 01, 2023, 06:54:11 PMThat's exactly what an Engineer with a PhD in Manufacturing told me the other day. He said the demand will wax and wane depending on what applications or new technologies are found for it. So if something new comes along that needs it, then the demand for Platinum or Palladium will grow. But he classified both as 'luxury type' metals for higher end or more expensive items. I suppose he meant high end cars $200,000 or more.

Platinum and palladium are used in catalytic converters in all gasoline fueled cars from cheap ones to expensive ones. This is why theres a demand for the metals and why thieves steal the converters. As the switch to EV happens tho, demand may collapse.

JOE

Quote from: Lokmar on November 01, 2023, 06:57:14 PMPlatinum and palladium are used in catalytic converters in all gasoline fueled cars from cheap ones to expensive ones. This is why theres a demand for the metals and why thieves steal the converters. As the switch to EV happens tho, demand may collapse.

I think Palladium fell in price by something like 60-75% in the last year. so the people who bought into it in 2022 really got hosed  in 2023.  It was once higher than gold, but now about 1/2 the price. Platinum also fell, but not nearly by as much.

TheProwler

Quote from: JOE on November 01, 2023, 06:54:11 PMBut he classified both as 'luxury type' metals for higher end or more expensive items.

Right there.

That is what Joe said that lets you know he is lying.

He did not speak to any engineer.

Joe is such a liar.

TheProwler

Quote from: Lokmar on November 01, 2023, 06:57:14 PMPlatinum and palladium are used in catalytic converters in all gasoline fueled cars from cheap ones to expensive ones.

Exactly.

This idea that Joe just presented that it is for...what???...catalytic converters for luxury cars only!!

Joe is ridiculous.
Agree Agree x 1 Funny Funny x 1 View List

Frood

If indeed catalytic converters are going obsolete, it's because generations of internal combustion car owners and drivers are going to be rendered unable to refuel their prized chariots... either at the bowsers... but most likely through various thermal satellite imaging in real time.

The plan is all electric vehicles... whether that means authorities zone 40 foot diesel tanks to recharge EV's every and anywhere (so the greenies can feel good doing the physical push and twist motion and the wait forever in order to merely travel a few hundred kilometres at a stint)...

And THAT is exactly the fucking point of these stupid fucking pushes and regulations.

They don't want us to have the ability to travel or communicate (via energy) without a passport system which is dictated by level of wealth.

It's feudalism revisited and rebadged.

And I think they are going to be mostly successful at it. People are really stupid....even the smart ones.
Agree Agree x 1 Informative Informative x 1 View List
Blahhhhhh...

Herman

Quote from: Frood on November 02, 2023, 01:29:02 AMThey don't want us to have the ability to travel or communicate (via energy) without a passport system which is dictated by level of wealth.

It's feudalism revisited and rebadged.

And I think they are going to be mostly successful at it. People are really stupid....even the smart ones.
Damn right.