The best topic

Replies: 8486
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 04, 2024, 11:20:11 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

I gave money to a female beggar today

Started by JOE, October 20, 2023, 02:01:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

JOE

Quote from: Zetsu on November 03, 2023, 07:14:35 PMHmm let me get this straight..

Joe - Complaining about the housing market all day long and struggling to purchase a home but still choose to fling money for hobbies instead (claiming it's for investment purposes, lol)

TheProwler - Has 6 digit income, can afford a house/all necessity, then he choose to buy a $90,000 sports car with room to spare (charity).

Actually Zetsu, I'm planning to get out of Vancouver in the near future.

The more I think about it, it's the only way to avoid becoming like those poor people on the street or live in their cars. The developers in Vancouver and the politicians they bribe simply don't care about the common folk they displace.

Y'know, I spoke with a very well-known wealthy local radio broadcaster when I drove limo. He said exactly the same thing to me. He bought a house, cuz he doesn't trust Condos and the fragility of that form of home ownership.

I figger the only reason a person would ever buy a condo is to rent it out hopefully at an exhorbitant monthly rate and make their money bock on those shit boxes as fast as they can. then sell the damn thing hopefully for a profit.

But as far as providing secure home ownership, never go there, eh.

Zetsu

Quote from: JOE on November 03, 2023, 08:19:27 PMActually Zetsu, I'm planning to get out of Vancouver.

The more I think about it, it's the only way to avoid becoming like those poor people on the street.

Y'know, I spoke with a very well-known wealthy local radio broadcaster when I drove limo. He said exactly the same thing to me. He bought a house, cuz he doesn't trust Condos and the fragility of that form of home ownership.

I figger the only reason a person would ever buy a condo is to rent it out hopefully at an exhorbitant monthly rate and make their money bock on those shit boxes as fast as they can. then sell the damn thing hopefully for a profit.

But as far as providing secure home ownership, never go there, eh.

Yea I get your point Joe, but if you want affordability ya gotta give up some of the convenience and luxury and move to the countryside.

Having a dad and seeing him buying properly no difference from groceries, all I can say is it's extremely heavily monitored and driven by supply and demand, simply to say you get what you pay for in 99.9% of the cases, but if you have no kids you have the advantage of not having to look for a quality school in the area, which will save you a few hundred grands already from the Asian competition.
Informative Informative x 1 View List
Permanently off his rocker

JOE

Quote from: Zetsu on November 03, 2023, 08:35:52 PMYea I get your point Joe, but if you want affordability ya gotta give up some of the convenience and luxury and move to the countryside.

Having a dad and seeing him buying properly no difference from groceries, all I can say is it's extremely heavily monitored and driven by supply and demand, simply to say you get what you pay for in 99.9% of the cases, but if you have no kids you have the advantage of not having to look for a quality school in the area, which will save you a few hundred grands already from the Asian competition.

Yeah, I got friends who've got kids, and they're essentially grounded fer life primarily cuz they started families too late.

OK if ya like that kinda lifestyle, but unless a person is in it for the long haul, it's a tough grind.

From what I've seen, a kid will cost you every penny you have.
And your health too. Cripes I know a guy who's 75 and he still has 15 year old son to support and I know he hates it. He's a single Dad and divorced from that woman who bore his son. And at 75 he's still doing menial jobs for not that great a pay. But he can't stop so he'll probably have to support his son til he goes to the grave.

So if a person wants to go there, they had really wanna go there & really love their kids.

Zetsu

Quote from: JOE on November 03, 2023, 08:42:43 PMYeah, I got friends who've got kids, and they're essentially grounded fer life primarily cuz they started families too late.

OK if ya like that kinda lifestyle, but unless a person is in it for the long haul, it's a tough grind from what I've seen.

From what I've seen, a kid will cost you every penny you have.
And your health too. Cripes I know a guy who's 75 and he still has 15 year old son to support and I know he hates it. He's a single Dad and divorced from that woman who bore his son. And at 75 he's still doing menial jobs for not that great a pay.

So if a person wants to go there, they had really wanna go there & really love their kids.

A bit off topic but this is why I'll never vote for Liberals, they want more people to have kids but there's not enough, so they import immigrants, immigrants drive up housing prices and demand, increase in housing prices drives up living cost, increase living cost no one wants or could afford to raise kids, sprinkle some sky high taxes, etc etc, and the cycle continues.  :Doh2:

JOE

Quote from: Zetsu on November 03, 2023, 08:49:23 PMA bit off topic but this is why I'll never vote for Liberals, they want more people to have kids but there's not enough, so they import immigrants, immigrants drive up housing prices and demand, increase in housing prices drives up living cost, increase living cost no one wants or could afford to raise kids, sprinkle some sky high taxes, etc etc, and the cycle continues.  :Doh2:

I agree. The Liberals have to go. They've lost their focus.

And Trudeau seems really clueless and confused, particularly since his separation from his Ex.

Tho I'll probably sit out the election or vote for some Indepedent, I don't care if they lose the next election.

If they other party thinks they can do a better job, then by all means give them a a shot/chance.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Oerdin

I made a mistake exactly one time.  You buy a new BMW for $50,000 then eight years later you sell it for $7500.  Fuck German cars.  Oh, and they are money pits besides.

Buy Japanese and be happy

Herman

Quote from: Zetsu on November 03, 2023, 08:49:23 PMA bit off topic but this is why I'll never vote for Liberals, they want more people to have kids but there's not enough, so they import immigrants, immigrants drive up housing prices and demand, increase in housing prices drives up living cost, increase living cost no one wants or could afford to raise kids, sprinkle some sky high taxes, etc etc, and the cycle continues.  :Doh2:
Mass immigration is another way Justine is making life unaffordable for Canadians. The number of immigrants we admit each year has doubled on his irresponsible watch.
Agree Agree x 1 Informative Informative x 1 View List

Zetsu

Quote from: Herman on November 04, 2023, 02:48:44 AMMass immigration is another way Justine is making life unaffordable for Canadians. The number of immigrants we admit each year has doubled on his irresponsible watch.

Trudeau gotta go when he doesn't realize how much garbage he's bringing into the country.  No offense to new recent immigrants, but as an immigrant myself, I'm fully honestly aware of the current quality and integrity of our own ppl.   :musicboohoo:

Zetsu

Quote from: Oerdin on November 04, 2023, 12:51:39 AMI made a mistake exactly one time.  You buy a new BMW for $50,000 then eight years later you sell it for $7500.  Fuck German cars.  Oh, and they are money pits besides.

Buy Japanese and be happy

My dad says German cars used to be good in quality until China developed and Chinese started buying/demanding them, along with too much adding more and more electronic components it kind of went down hill from there.

A Toyota Corrola is not only good in QC and their innovative assembly line/management, but from what I've heard it lacks all the bell and whistles, nothing complex to break, lol.

Shen Li

Quote from: Zetsu on November 04, 2023, 10:03:23 AMTrudeau gotta go when he doesn't realize how much garbage he's bringing into the country.  No offense to new recent immigrants, but as an immigrant myself, I'm fully honestly aware of the current quality and integrity of our own ppl.   :musicboohoo:
Our immigration levels are totally unsustainable.

Zetsu

Quote from: Shen Li on November 04, 2023, 11:55:26 AMOur immigration levels are totally unsustainable.

Exactly, meanwhile Canadians are thrown under the bus, it's just a matter of time before the immigrants end up thrown under too.

JOE

Quote from: Shen Li on November 04, 2023, 11:55:26 AMOur immigration levels are totally unsustainable.

Plus there's no real strategy to integrate them.

And they're importing the wrong kind of immigrants.

Can't just have a bunch of poor people coming in.

There should be fewer but better qualified and hopefully monied immigrants who can create jobs here.

Thiel

Quote from: Frood on November 02, 2023, 11:40:25 PMShouldn't you be giving T a full body massage with exotic essential oils from around the globe, Joe?

Your comic books, coins, stamps, and Happy Meals will be lucky to pay the basic bills beyond your first year of retirement in your 80's...  :dontknow:
When he moves in with me, we can give each full body massages.
Funny Funny x 2 View List
gay, conservative and proud

Frood

Quote from: Thiel on November 06, 2023, 06:22:37 PMWhen he moves in with me, we can give each full body massages.

You've got a big heart, Thiel... taking in an aging broke stray like Joe.  :thumbup2:
Blahhhhhh...

JOE

Quote from: Oerdin on November 03, 2023, 05:25:55 PMJoe, have you or are you actually buying any land outside the city to build a house on?

I'm thinking about it, Oerdin.

What are the pitfalls of doing it?

Maybe it's too expensive?

too much infrastructure to lay down?

I was thinking of a plot of land where I could do what Dove did, and put a trailer on it. something portable.

But I don't know if this is viable.

this guy talks about the pitfalls of actually owning raw land:

Still, when a piece of land can be bought for as low as $30,000 USD as opposed to a condo $300,000 and up, I don't know how viable it is to purchase a condo either.

My uncle has a condo, and he's draining his equity all the time by taking out reverse mortgages. the condo association asks him for $10,000 for this $20,000 for that. Reverse mortgageis the only way he can afford to remain there. so he gets nickel and dimed ta death. I suppose at the end of his life, eh will have no equity left from that condo.

seeing what he's gone through, I'd rather avoid his fate.