Replies: 7546
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 09:27:58 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Suggestions

Started by Erica Mena, October 27, 2023, 11:24:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erica Mena

So i am taking a training course to buy my first legal firearm. Hubby thinks we should purchase a Glock, but I hear a colt is better.

I'd love an AR-15 but all in due time.
<t></t>

DKG

Quote from: Erica Mena on October 27, 2023, 11:24:21 AMSo i am taking a training course to buy my first legal firearm. Hubby thinks we should purchase a Glock, but I hear a colt is better.

I know absolutely nothing about firearms. I have never even touched one.

I am curious why you decided you feel the need to own a gun?

Erica Mena

Quote from: DKG on October 27, 2023, 12:26:55 PMI know absolutely nothing about firearms. I have never even touched one.

I am curious why you decided you feel the need to own a gun?

Honestly, what happened in Israel really got to me. It just all clicked that I must protect my family. The lax laws here, everything just made me snap.
<t></t>

Lokmar

Quote from: Erica Mena on October 27, 2023, 11:24:21 AMSo i am taking a training course to buy my first legal firearm. Hubby thinks we should purchase a Glock, but I hear a colt is better.

IMO, you need to shoot something that is comfortable for YOU! A man can wield anything but women tend to be intimidated by some guns.

I STRONGLY suggest visiting a range that rent guns so you can try several BEFORE BUYING!!!!!. If you can't get used to racking a slide, you need to try a revolver.

In everyones opinion, the Glock is a very dependable gun and they're right. Mags are easy to get too. However, all Glocks remind me of something modeled in the game Minecraft. Very blocky and generic. A S&W M&P 2.0 fits my hand better and it naturally points better for me too. Either isnt a bad choice tho as long as you feel comfortable shooting it.

If you go with a revolver, something in stainless is good to keep recoil down. Most people hate recoil, especially women. S&W makes steel and stainless revolvers and those keep recoil down due to weight. The S&W featherweight revolvers made of Scandium Alloy have some snappy recoil even in 38 special. I'm not a fan of the internal locks S&W puts on their revolvers BTW but it would be unfair to say they make the gun unreliable. Ruger makes a good revolver and so does Colt. Taurus sometimes doesnt have the best quality control so I wouldnt buy one. Colt makes the Python in 2.5" with a smaller grip now but it costs $1499, which only a collector like me is willing to pay.

I looked at a Sig 365 XL a while back and liked it. It has a different and IMO better trigger than a regular 365. I still liked the S&W M&P 2.0. They make a billion different models: https://www.smith-wesson.com/products/pistols?caliber=9MM
Agree Agree x 1 View List

DKG

Quote from: Erica Mena on October 27, 2023, 12:44:01 PMHonestly, what happened in Israel really got to me. It just all clicked that I must protect my family. The lax laws here, everything just made me snap.
I don't have a family, but I can understand that.

Herman

I aint ever owned a legal handgun. I got into some mischief with the police when I was a kid, and I could not get a restricted PAL. By the time I was old enough to get it waived, I was living abroad. When I got back to Canada, I could not be bothered with the hassle of getting a restricted PAL.

Lokmar, Oerdin, and Biggie Smiles will know. There used to be a gal on this forum, Renee, she knew her handguns.

Bonesaw

I grew up firing rifles, pistols and shotguns.  We might get a gun just in case a stern talking-to won't do!
Funny As Fuck! Funny As Fuck! x 1 View List

Adolf Oliver Bush

I would defer to your husband's recommendation. He likely has a number of good reasons for suggesting it. There are surely talking points for various Colt handguns, the popular 1911 for example boasts an all steel construction that affords higher accuracy than its Glock counterparts (say the Glock 17 or 21), but it is also a significantly heavier firearm as a result. Accuracy might not be so much of a selling point if you are intending to use your pistol for self defense purposes, whereas the lighter weight Glock will function just as well in mid to close quarters, be a lot easier to wield and have the advantage of passive safeties rather than manually operated ones. Give your requirements careful and close consideration, discuss them with your man and licensed firearm dealer.

That said, a number of the points Lokmar brings up warrant consideration too, particularly the "try before you buy" aspect. Also don't discount other firearm manufacturers either (Walther for instance) when making your selection. At the end of the day you're the one using it, so it makes sense to choose wisely what is right for you.

Quote from: Erica Mena on October 27, 2023, 11:24:21 AMI'd love an AR-15 but all in due time.
I prefer the AR-10... better for punching holes through things then the AR-15 and the anti-gun nuts aren't screeching anywhere near as hard for their removal.

I could see you having fun with an AR-15 pistol though. Certainly give the tweakers in your neighbourhood something to think about.  :evilthoughts2:
Funny Funny x 1 View List
Her fucking fupa looked like a pair of ass cheeks... like someone naked ran into her head first and got stuck. She was like "come eat me out" and I was like "nah I think I'll go snort some anthrax and light myself on fire instead"

- Biggie Smiles

Lokmar

Quote from: Adolf Oliver Bush on October 28, 2023, 01:10:58 AMI prefer the AR-10... better for punching holes through things then the AR-15 and the anti-gun nuts aren't screeching anywhere near as hard for their removal.

I could see you having fun with an AR-15 pistol though. Certainly give the tweakers in your neighbourhood something to think about.  :evilthoughts2:

On a side note, the Illinois Assault Riffle Ban affects guns of all calibers as do the bans in several other states. Specific guns are named and you can be a felon for owning certain .22LR models. I'm a felon several times over until the court cases are resolved by the SCOTUS.

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: Lokmar on October 27, 2023, 12:51:40 PMIMO, you need to shoot something that is comfortable for YOU! A man can wield anything but women tend to be intimidated by some guns.

I STRONGLY suggest visiting a range that rent guns so you can try several BEFORE BUYING!!!!!. If you can't get used to racking a slide, you need to try a revolver.

In everyones opinion, the Glock is a very dependable gun and they're right. Mags are easy to get too. However, all Glocks remind me of something modeled in the game Minecraft. Very blocky and generic. A S&W M&P 2.0 fits my hand better and it naturally points better for me too. Either isnt a bad choice tho as long as you feel comfortable shooting it.

If you go with a revolver, something in stainless is good to keep recoil down. Most people hate recoil, especially women. S&W makes steel and stainless revolvers and those keep recoil down due to weight. The S&W featherweight revolvers made of Scandium Alloy have some snappy recoil even in 38 special. I'm not a fan of the internal locks S&W puts on their revolvers BTW but it would be unfair to say they make the gun unreliable. Ruger makes a good revolver and so does Colt. Taurus sometimes doesnt have the best quality control so I wouldnt buy one. Colt makes the Python in 2.5" with a smaller grip now but it costs $1499, which only a collector like me is willing to pay.

I looked at a Sig 365 XL a while back and liked it. It has a different and IMO better trigger than a regular 365. I still liked the S&W M&P 2.0. They make a billion different models: https://www.smith-wesson.com/products/pistols?caliber=9MM

I agree 100%

everyone's comfort level is different

I have a glock 19 and I love that gun. I even have the extended 30 round mags for it which are fully loaded. But my girls favorite is the taurus .40 cal. A much smaller gun with a smaller mag but it's just big time comfortable for her and she's a damn pretty good shot with it too.

If I were Erica I'd also pick up one of these. In fact, I am Biggie and I DID pick up one of these ...lol

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/tokarev-tar-12mp-12-gauge-semi-auto-shotgun-3-chamber/FC-723551440322.html

get two 15 round mags and keep em loaded with  Federal 8 pellet FLITECONTROL 00 bucks

I cannot beat this fucking weapon for the price

Adolf Oliver Bush

Quote from: Lokmar on October 28, 2023, 01:32:01 PMOn a side note, the Illinois Assault Riffle Ban affects guns of all calibers as do the bans in several other states. Specific guns are named and you can be a felon for owning certain .22LR models. I'm a felon several times over until the court cases are resolved by the SCOTUS.
You'd want to hope SCOTUS at least has the sense to recognise the AR designation means "Armalite", not "Assault Rifle".

Someone should show these imbeciles an AR-24 and invite them to explain how it even remotely resembles a scary assault rifle.
Her fucking fupa looked like a pair of ass cheeks... like someone naked ran into her head first and got stuck. She was like "come eat me out" and I was like "nah I think I'll go snort some anthrax and light myself on fire instead"

- Biggie Smiles

Lokmar

Quote from: Adolf Oliver Bush on October 28, 2023, 11:28:47 PMYou'd want to hope SCOTUS at least has the sense to recognise the AR designation means "Armalite", not "Assault Rifle".

Someone should show these imbeciles an AR-24 and invite them to explain how it even remotely resembles a scary assault rifle.

Oh, this law is a doozy! The days when libtards got tripped up because they couldnt define "assault rifle" are long gone. Not only did they specify every fuking gun they wanted banned on their list, they banned pistol mags over 15 rounds, semi auto mags over 10 rounds, and my Benelli M4 with a pistol grip is now banned multiple ways including because it holds more than 5 rounds in the tube. There's a shit ton of other regs too. These asshats even passed another law making it illegal to own body armor and even if you bought an old WW2 battle helmet, they want you to register it with the police!  :crampe: Illinois citizens also cant buy guns out of state unless the state is adjacent to Illinois. Even then, some types of firearms must be shipped to a FFL inside Illinois for the resident to take delivery of it.

Check this: https://www.isp.illinois.gov/Home/AssaultWeapons

Can a .22 caliber be considered an assault rifle?

Yes, while .50 caliber rifles and cartridges are specifically prohibited, any weapon that fits the definition of an "Assault Weapon" would be prohibited regardless of the caliber. The only exception for .22 caliber ammunition is specifically limited to fixed magazines, large capacity ammunition feeding devices, and semiautomatic rifles with a fixed magazine capable of operating only with .22 caliber rimfire ammunition.

How many imbeciles have registered since Oct 1st?
https://isp.illinois.gov/Foid/Statistics
LMFAO!

All this shit will go to the SCOTUS eventually but as courts always do, they only toss bits and pieces of the laws at a time, making it take years and years to get rid of all this shit. 

Adolf Oliver Bush

Quote from: Lokmar on October 29, 2023, 12:18:11 AMOh, this law is a doozy! The days when libtards got tripped up because they couldnt define "assault rifle" are long gone. Not only did they specify every fuking gun they wanted banned on their list, they banned pistol mags over 15 rounds, semi auto mags over 10 rounds, and my Benelli M4 with a pistol grip is now banned multiple ways including because it holds more than 5 rounds in the tube. There's a shit ton of other regs too. These asshats even passed another law making it illegal to own body armor and even if you bought an old WW2 battle helmet, they want you to register it with the police!  :crampe: Illinois citizens also cant buy guns out of state unless the state is adjacent to Illinois. Even then, some types of firearms must be shipped to a FFL inside Illinois for the resident to take delivery of it.
So... a few "fishing accident" excuses are on the cards in the not too distant future? Which will do three tenths of sweet fuck all to curb the black on black gun violence in the Chicongo?

Quote from: Lokmar on October 29, 2023, 12:18:11 AMCan a .22 caliber be considered an assault rifle?
I'm certain a pea shooter can if they set their minds to it.

- Biggie Smiles

Lokmar

Quote from: Adolf Oliver Bush on October 29, 2023, 01:52:53 AMSo... a few "fishing accident" excuses are on the cards in the not too distant future? Which will do three tenths of sweet fuck all to curb the black on black gun violence in the Chicongo?

I'm certain a pea shooter can if they set their minds to it.

I dont know anyone who intends to register and what we'll all do is refuse to answer questions from State Police having hidden our weapons FIRST. I have personally swept my house to ensure I dont have anything "illegal" in the domicile.

You are absolutely correct on the pea shooter comment. Looking through the items listed that cause even a pistol to be considered an assault rifle attest to that. IF I took my Ruger 10/22 which has a wood stock and no thumb hole or pistol grip and attach the 25 round detachable magazine I have for it, its an assault rifle. That 25 round magazine is not inside this house BTW.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview