Replies: 8392
Total votes: : 3

Last post: June 30, 2024, 10:21:37 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

Inflation

Started by DKG, August 16, 2023, 03:10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE

Quote from: Oerdin on October 04, 2023, 12:27:45 PMCommunist China is going into economic depression and they were the big buyer of most metals including gold.

Many countries which once invested heavily in China are starting to abandon the place.

The USA is either bringing its manufacturing back home or relocating it into friendlier nations.

Unemployment in China is going up, particularly among the youth who now can't find jobs.

Agree Agree x 1 View List

Oerdin

Youth unemployment in China (people under 25) was at 25% and then the CCP just stopped reporting data.  Everyone is pulling out of Communist China because prices shot up, tariffs hot hard, and the CCP has become extremely anti-business while trying to extort and steal from companies.

Xi fucked himself and his country with his stupidity.
Informative Informative x 1 View List

Lokmar

Quote from: Oerdin on October 04, 2023, 11:42:34 AMGold seems high to me.

I suspect todays price will look cheap in a few years.

Shen Li

Quote from: Oerdin on October 04, 2023, 05:54:35 PMYouth unemployment in China (people under 25) was at 25% and then the CCP just stopped reporting data.  Everyone is pulling out of Communist China because prices shot up, tariffs hot hard, and the CCP has become extremely anti-business while trying to extort and steal from companies.

Cow Excrement

JOE

Quote from: Oerdin on October 04, 2023, 05:54:35 PMYouth unemployment in China (people under 25) was at 25% and then the CCP just stopped reporting data.  Everyone is pulling out of Communist China because prices shot up, tariffs hot hard, and the CCP has become extremely anti-business while trying to extort and steal from companies.

In spite of what people say of the USA being this crumbling empire, it still sets the pace in this world.

If their biggest corporations decide to pull out of China, all the other national corporations of other countries do the same.

The US still has a lotta clout & when, where they decide to invest  their money still counts.

Biden's decision to cut off Chinese companies from the action has had ramifications for China's economy and its workers.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

DKG

The Trudeau government recently asked the main grocery outlets in Canada to find a solution to high grocery costs. First, from manufacturing through production, delivery and service — labour costs, and transportation costs are high with escalating carbon taxes. Second, dairy supply management increases the costs of poultry, eggs, butter and milk, both directly and as ingredients for all baked products. And finally, there is the daily cost of cash flows in high interest rates for all businesses. The government wanted recommendations for reducing grocery costs when they have either complete direct control or at least massive influence over the major parts of those high costs.

DKG

Grocers in Canada say their input costs are high. The government could get rid of supply management on commodities like eggs and dairy. The carbon tax is a tax on everything that's delivered by trucks. Dropping it, if only temporarily to get us through these inflationary times, would be a good idea. Other countries are doing so.

Canadians are feeling the pinch. More people than ever are finding themselves using food banks to get them through. People are suffering.

Keep them in mind this weekend. Drop off a bag of groceries at your local food bank if you're able.

DKG

It would be helpful if governments considered the inflationary impact of their spending decisions when they're making their spending plans. It's going to be easier to get inflation down if monetary and fiscal policy(central banks and govenment spending) are rowing in the same direction. Neither Biden nor Trudeau seem to get that nor care.

Adolf Oliver Bush

Quote from: Oerdin on October 04, 2023, 12:27:45 PMCommunist China is going into economic depression and they were the big buyer of most metals including gold.
They're sitting on a fuck-ton of lithium. Then again so is Australia... and they're fucked.
Her fucking fupa looked like a pair of ass cheeks... like someone naked ran into her head first and got stuck. She was like "come eat me out" and I was like "nah I think I'll go snort some anthrax and light myself on fire instead"

- Biggie Smiles